Referral check from ETI - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2022, 11:31 AM   #21
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
I'm also a NFCU member and I concur with the advice to call again or go to a different branch if one is available. Just a reminder that you can call them 24/7 and get a real person to talk to. If you get the same answer it won't hurt to ask for someone higher up in the organization to give you a call back to discuss it - as a member you have the right to do that. I've found that polite discussion/reasoning usually helps and see if they will waive it.
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:30 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritacasita View Post
We just received another referral check from ETI for showing our unit. It was half the usual amount so I assume the "lookers" listed two unit visits. That's fine and just happy to get anything. My problem, though, is they sent me a check on a Canadian bank and my bank won't cash it and wants to charge me about half the amount of the check to clear through our Fed Reserve. I'm a 45 year member of NFCU and have A LOT of money in their coffers. Anyhow, to my question ... do you know if ETI has a US bank account they can draw on? I've sent them an email posing the question but no answer yet. It may be I'll just have to frame the check and hang it in the camper.
Our check was in U.S. funds
IMJ in FLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:36 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you do not want to go through the hassle or receiving Canadian funds, just tell Escape not so send you a referral fee.....I tell them to hold and credit them to my "account" knowing eventually I will use it....
Old 05-11-2022, 02:35 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Yes, and they have to tell ETI that you showed them your trailer.

Ron
Based on my experience, the buyer also has to buy the SAME MODEL that you showed them for you to get the referral fee. We showed our 19 to someone that then purchased a 21 and we did not get the payment because they bought a different model than what we had showed them.

I told Escape a better program would be to pay a smaller amount per showing, and then increase it to the full payment if they purchase any model. IE: I don't know what the referral fee is any more, but let's say it's $100. So pay $25 for a showing or $100 for a sale. Pay the $25 right after the showing, and pay an additional $75 if they ultimately buy an Escape. The gal I spoke to from Escape thought that was a good idea and said she would talk to her boss/bosses about it, but nothing ever came of it.

I showed my 19 many times (10 - 15?) over a few years and got just one payment from Escape. I love my 19 and it was fun to "show it off" for a while, but I grew tired of doing it, particularly for $0 fee almost every time.
chuckwhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 03:49 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwhanson View Post
Based on my experience, the buyer also has to buy the SAME MODEL that you showed them for you to get the referral fee. We showed our 19 to someone that then purchased a 21 and we did not get the payment because they bought a different model than what we had showed them.

I told Escape a better program would be to pay a smaller amount per showing, and then increase it to the full payment if they purchase any model. IE: I don't know what the referral fee is any more, but let's say it's $100. So pay $25 for a showing or $100 for a sale. Pay the $25 right after the showing, and pay an additional $75 if they ultimately buy an Escape. The gal I spoke to from Escape thought that was a good idea and said she would talk to her boss/bosses about it, but nothing ever came of it.

I showed my 19 many times (10 - 15?) over a few years and got just one payment from Escape. I love my 19 and it was fun to "show it off" for a while, but I grew tired of doing it, particularly for $0 fee almost every time.
I showed my 19 and she ended up buying a 17 because of her TV. I still got the full referral fee, maybe the rules have changed this was 3 years ago.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:11 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
I showed my 19 and she ended up buying a 17 because of her TV. I still got the full referral fee, maybe the rules have changed this was 3 years ago.
They must have changed that rule. The situation I described earlier was probably more than 3 years ago. Who knows, they may have changed the rule because I complained about it when it happened to me (??).
chuckwhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:15 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You have to show your trailer to somebody who remembers your name and makes a point of telling ETI that you did a showing. You can give them a business card, which they may promptly lose.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:29 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We showed our 19 when we had it and our 21 that we currently have numerous times. We’ve received full fees and half fees.

However I will note that as our trailer gets older and the design, options, woodwork etc change, we show the trailer less to potential buyers and more to folks who are interested in modifications, additions and durability of components than those planning to buy their first trailer. That’s understandable and that’s fine with us. We enjoy making contacts, new acquaintances and reuniting with old friends. Buy one or don’t, doesn’t make a lot of difference to me.

It’s always fun when folks are heading across this great country and stop by for an hour, an afternoon, overnight or a couple days. We’ve done the same. I’ve been selling product of all kinds for many years, sometimes as a job, sometimes as a hobby and always enjoyed it.

I will say that after building a camping history with an Escape it becomes easier to answer questions and either steer folks towards or away from a decision but in the end we respect the fact that everyone camps a little differently, has their own set of parameters, economic, physical, mechanical etc. As the kids used to say “It’s all good.”

Have a great spring and enjoy the good weather when you get it.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-11-2022, 09:24 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
As far as a part payment for showing your trailer, even if they don't buy, seems like something that could be open to abuse and hard to monitor.

A person may have an older model and some of the items bay have been replaced by newer items etc. but I think for a lot of viewers there's more than that involved. It's a chance to be in and around an Escape and talk to owners and become comfortable with the idea of having an Escape in a non-pressure environment.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote