Adjustable Bed - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2023, 02:07 PM   #1

Trailer: E19 due summer 2023, 1940 Waco UPF-7
Adjustable Bed

I came across this new product for adjusting the beds head and legs. It is called BedJet Adjustable Bed PowerLayer. It is an electric lift that is 1.75” thick and fits under your mattress. It performs like those expensive electric beds or hospital bed that adjust to lift your back and legs. It is intended for the home use market, which might interest some of you, and it will fit our Escape 19 ( no I haven’t bought one-yet) It can be adjusted by 70 degrees on your back and can lift your legs (knees) as well, independently. It weighs 130 lbs, it won’t work with an innerspring mattress, I see it as having my cake and a Lazy Boy too. It would have the additional benefit of being able to leave it raised a little on the head and knees when not in use and proved ventilation under the bed.
Not sure about the effects of weight and balance of the trailer, so that is a question? I think its very cool for those times when you want to kick back in your trailer and read or watch a movie. The company offers a group discount. Maybe I should become a distributor for the RV market-nope that sounds like work and I’m retired and have plenty of fun stuff to do.

BedJet Adjustable Bed PowerLayer. You will need to Google it since I couldn’t insert a picture , maybe someone else can post a picture.
“Insist on enjoying life”
Thanks
Bill
Nelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 06:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
https://bedjet.com/products/bedjet-powerlayer
Old 10-20-2023, 08:50 PM   #3

Trailer: E19 due summer 2023, 1940 Waco UPF-7
Thanks Rubicon for posting the link to the BedJet. Anyway, the BedJet is a little pricy but so was our trailer and I really like the Escape 19
Nelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 09:02 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Ouch, spendy. Maybe the modification Ian Giles did to his 19' to create an adjustable bed would be of interest. Power Reclining Bed modification. Direct link here: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tion-8074.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 09:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
More expensive than one with a frame. But I love my adjustable bed. Though mostly I do fine without it in the trailer.

I like the idea in general, though, as you could easily use it on a platform bed if you had one you liked but wanted an adjustable version.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 09:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelo View Post

Not sure about the effects of weight and balance of the trailer, so that is a question?

Bill
Not as much effect as 130lbs. on the rear of a Waco.

The weight isn't likely to be a deal killer. In our 19, heading off cross country we probably had that weight in canned goods etc. under the bed. In the unlikely event of any unacceptable tongue weight change it can easily be dealt with in several ways. Less water, only one bike on the rear or by moving the spare tire forward under the tongue. (A very useful mod in itself.)

I like the unit, it'd be nice to have. Our TV is at the foot of the bed and it'd certainly be more comfortable than being propped up with pillows.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 5.0
I have a split king adjustable bed for my home, really spoiled me. One of the few things I’ve missed when I’m out and about.
I will say I’m not into roughing it, not even a little.

This feels even better than I thought it would…

I removed the lower foot hardware and vibration motors to lighten the weight, I don’t use them at home. It’s around 100 pounds without them.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0851.jpg   IMG_0852.jpg   IMG_0856.jpg   IMG_0857.jpg   IMG_0858.jpg  

Ooshkaboo is online now   Reply With Quote