Fridge Fan - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2023, 12:56 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0 TA #9
Anything to Improve a Dometic RV Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
The remote control has 2 slider switches. One to leave the fan on constant and adj fan speed. The other is temp activated. I set it on 75 which pretty much means it stays on here. I can't hear it running so the first day I went outside a few times to make sure it was working.
Thanks for this.
I have left it 'on' to automatic during a very hot spell (35c).
During the day, when the sun was directly on the fridge side of the trailer, the fan would cut in and stayed on till the later in the day. (probably from about 1000 to about 1730).
The fridge stayed very cold.
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 01:19 PM   #22

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
Maybe I missed something, but did you install this fan on the back of the inlet grille on the side of the camper or did you remove the top vent and install it on the back side of that? The former being way easier than the latter.

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2023, 04:11 PM   #23

Trailer: 5.0 TA #9
Fan Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersteffy View Post
Maybe I missed something, but did you install this fan on the back of the inlet grille on the side of the camper or did you remove the top vent and install it on the back side of that? The former being way easier than the latter.

Thanks!
I am not the original poster but I installed mine at the top of the 'exhaust' stack.
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 06:17 AM   #24

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersteffy View Post

Thanks!
I used the side vent. Very tight in there but it can be done. If you install a temp activated fan I would attach the temp sensor up close to the evaporator. I thought about the upper location but decided I would try the simpler one first. OK with it so far. Positioning the fan in there didn't turn out so simple!

YOu can go with an AC fan there also. I found a very short cord at WAlMart, about 4". with 2 position plug-ins. I used that set up on my old '02' Holiday Rambler. Great old trailer. Maybe pulled 100K and never a leak or serious problem.
Old 07-14-2023, 03:32 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
I've seen numerous references to fridge fans here so wanted to pass along my fridge experience.

It's always hot here in deep south TX this time of year but this year has been unusally hot. I went on a fishing trip a few weeks ago and my fridge temp moved from about 34 in the morning to almost 50 in the afternoon.

I ordered a fan setup from Amazon. The Beech Lane 12v, adj temp, dual fans that attach with included hardware to the inside of the side vent of the fridge.

I was really pleased with the result. On a 7 day trip I just returned from( triple digit temps). The temp didn't get above 37 that I noticed.

I assumed it would improve but that much surprised me. About $75.
Thanks for posting this. This will probably be my next mod as I will be headed into the El Paso, Texas heat and was worried about my fridge. Very timely!
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 06:55 AM   #26

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows Nest View Post
I have a friend who’s good at this. I’ll “let” him do it ��
The 'preferred' solution!