Have you used this bike rack? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2022, 02:33 PM   #61

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Murry View Post
When I said I stored my rack horizontally, I didn't mean I left the rack in the down position.
Here is a pic of the stored rack. It also serves to hold up brooms, hiking poles etc to prevent them from falling onto the car
I do the same except about chest high. Makes it very easy to grab and install. Another benefit is, while in the storage rack, you can move the bike trays into the middle position before install. My spare tire on the 5.0 won’t allow install in the full up position. It’s one of those simple things that make a world of difference as the 1up rack really doesn’t just easily sit someplace.
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 03:57 PM   #62

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
Good point about installing it chest high. It never even entered my mind to do that. With all the space that is in my mind, it should have been easy to figure that one out.

Time to get the drill out and move it a little higher.
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:54 PM   #63

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think that's what sofmerc meant. At least I hope so, because I got the Super Duty single with the SUPER DUTY ADD-On and yes, it IS RV rated.
Ugh... so I ordered the wrong one.... and threw the packaging away. I talked to 1up... they said just to go with it in my situation or order the 2" hitch bar slotted with the side plates. ..
Old 02-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #64

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i have that rack works fine. i pad my bike where it clamps on-I've gotten a little rub. but my bikes are not crazy expensive- i would up grade to the "1 up" if i was a big bike enthusiast but for me the less expensive rack has worked fine.

Same here. I have a 21 speed Trek bike picked up at the Restore a few years ago, $35 with a rear tire rack & all(I use to go get "a few" groceries & or have auto work(both about 2+ miles away in town). Yesterday I just picked up a 3 bike Swagman bike rack there, $22. Would have just walked by it before. But, after reading this thread, knew what it was & could use it. Buying a used E19 now(instead of a 1+ yr build), has me scrambling for equipping it.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote