Tongue Box - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2023, 11:24 AM   #1
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
Tongue Box

Some of you may recall my horror at paying $1200 for a tongue storage box, when we paid $695 our so when we bought our 19 several years ago. While I like the Escape box, I can't stomach spending that kind of money for one.

So I did a bit of looking and got some good tips from you all here. I ended up with this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BR37DCBV...roduct_details

It was difficult finding something suitable, as the typical pickup truck storage box is 21 wide and there is only about 16 inches to work with between the trailer and propane tanks, and you have to ensure room for the lid to open. Installation was easy, although I had to adjust the E2 Fastway hitch sway/tension bar holders about a 1/2 inch forward from where Escape had placed them, but taking care to check the E2 manual to ensure I was still withi the acceptable distance from the ball.

With the bolts, washers, etc that I had to buy, the total came out to about $260, or the better part of $1,000 less than the Escape box.

While I admit the Escape box is prettier, I just can't let go of $1,000 because of that, and when you account for the batteries being installed in the fiberglass box from Escape (for the 19 model, which was my experience), there is a very favorable / comparable amount of space in this one.

I certainly get it for those who are willing to spend the extra $$ to get a custom looking storage box, but for those who do not wish to spend those $$ and are okay with a standard box, this may be an option for you. This was also one of the few boxes I researched that did not have a bunch of negative reviews about damage from shipping, and ours came without a dent or even a scratch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4013-1.jpg (123.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4012-1.jpg (136.1 KB, 36 views)
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote