bottle jack... - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2023, 02:59 PM   #41

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstreight View Post
I have several Toyota LandCruiser/Tundra/Lexus LX470/570 jacks...specific models will extend to 20" and are mechanical not hydraulic; simple & dependable.

Ford also made a similar mechanical jack for F250/F350 that is rated to 11,XXX lbs and can be found in junk yards for cheap.
I assume that you're talking about mechanical vertical screw jacks, operated by a crank handle which turns an internal bevel gear set. Our old Chevrolet pickup had one, too. It does seem like a reliable approach.

Bizarrely, many web sites selling these jacks call the "bottle" or even "hydraulic" jacks, so apparently many people who use or sell them have no clue what is inside them.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:00 PM   #42
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
a Handiman/HiLift is not useful for our trailers, not sure why this discussion veered off that way.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:09 PM   #43
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
You can blame me for the left turn at Albuquerque. I made a comment about a Hi-Lift I used when I was big into four wheelin' and the thread took on new legs and went that direct.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:15 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Driffffft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
You can blame me for the left turn at Albuquerque. I made a comment about a Hi-Lift I used when I was big into four wheelin' and the thread took on new legs and went that direct.
I’ll discuss anything I’ve even only heard of let alone know anything about. Stop by my campsite some time. You’ll be glad to get out of there when it’s still light out. If I can’t make you laugh you are a sad person. No apologies, it’s a free country, Ain’t it?
Iowa Dave
Old 08-31-2023, 10:02 PM   #45

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
I ordered the Sprinter two stage jack I showed in post #10. It is brand new, still in the original wrap, with handles, was $75 shipped. Well made German jack. I've wanted one since I saw the one in my motor home, so now I have it.

Another jack that is popular with offroaders and would work well jacking trailers by the axles is a Humvee jack. It is a heavy duty scissor jack, with a spigot on top of it that fits into holes in the H1 Hummer frame. Agile Offroad makes a reversible adapter that fits on it to lift by an axle or the frame. Oddly I did not find a single jack on Ebay of the correct type.

https://agileoffroad.com/product/agi...-jack-adaptor/

Charles