Frameless Windows and Maxxfan - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2020, 11:28 AM   #61

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
2 year old Maxxair 7500 Deluxe noise levels.

Click the link for YouTube video ^^^
of fan noise levels at various speeds.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You can upgrade the MaxxFan to a deluxe model with remote and smoked cover, makes the interior look better day and night. I installed one on my first Escape and ordered it on my others. Picture on left is stock and on right is smoked, one can see the sky during the day, like another window in your Escape.
I asked today about upgrading to the MaxxAir Deluxe and they said that is no longer an option as they were having too many warranty issues with that model.

The MaxxAir Deluxe is the model I have in my van and in the video
Old 05-20-2020, 12:32 PM   #63

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
You can upgrade the MaxxFan to a deluxe model with remote and smoked cover, makes the interior look better day and night. I installed one on my first Escape and ordered it on my others. Picture on left is stock and on right is smoked, one can see the sky during the day, like another window in your Escape.
First I've seen that this upgrade was an option. I would have looked into it when ordering had I known. Not that I am unhappy with the one installed, but this is an interesting option.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #64

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Maxxair fan is very quite on all, but, the highest settings. It is MUCH QUIETER than standard RV vent fans. I have a Maxxair 7500 (auto power open and close) in my Sprinter van and it is awesome!!! One thing to know that I haven't seen mentioned is that when set to a temperature the fan will vary it's speed, the higher above the set temperature the faster it goes.

I'm going with the framed windows. The IMO, I don't think the frameless look any better. The frameless ones don't look sleek and stick out. If Escape had recessed the window openings in the mold it would be a different story.

The other factors are that the framed windows open further IMO. The frammed emergency exit window tilts out, the same as frameless windows for ventilation when raining. I don't leave windows open when I'm not at the trailer, but, as my wife pointed out, you could leave the framed wet bath window open and not have to worry about rain if you do want one window open when your away.

The final deciding factor for us, is we are getting the standard awning, and the frameless windows don't work well with the awning support bars.

I'll check for a decibel meter app for my phone, and see if I can get some readings or at least record some video if not.
Kitchen opening window is a great window too. Not sure what Escape is using now . But our is like the Escape window and is a awning window . Ours is open all the time . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #65

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Kitchen opening window is a great window too. Not sure what Escape is using now . But our is like the Escape window and is a awning window . Ours is open all the time . Pat
OK, a little confused, nothing new about that. My 2014 19 had a kitchen slider as does my 2019 21. Yours has an awning kitchen window?

Yes, the kitchen window is OK to leave open in moderate rain even if the awning isn't out. Even retracted the awning overhangs 4 1/2" and gives some protection to the kitchen window.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #66

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Ronn,
You can always order the smoke cover from the manufacturer, that is what I did on my first Escape. I have the stock cover in my garage.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
OK, a little confused, nothing new about that. My 2014 19 had a kitchen slider as does my 2019 21. Yours has an awning kitchen window?

Yes, the kitchen window is OK to leave open in moderate rain even if the awning isn't out. Even retracted the awning overhangs 4 1/2" and gives some protection to the kitchen window.

Ron
Escape had a half awning framed kitchen window recently. I asked about it on a live stream and Karl said they the manufacturer had a quality control issue so they were no longer using it. Here's pictures of it from the 360 degree image on the Escape 19 page.

Old 05-20-2020, 03:05 PM   #68

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
I asked today about upgrading to the MaxxAir Deluxe and they said that is no longer an option as they were having too many warranty issues with that model.

The MaxxAir Deluxe is the model I have in my van and in the video
The Maxxfan 7000 series had a problem with the control board failing when supplied voltages higher than 13.5 volts on the earlier versions. It's not much better on the later versions - that is why Escape discontinued installing them.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ems-12314.html

It can be remedied by adding a voltage regulator.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tor-14667.html
Old 05-20-2020, 03:09 PM   #69

Quote:

Ron
This is our window Ron . Only close when going down the road otherwise it is open all the time even in the rain .Bath is a different window it slides up or down to close . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
7C0C5AC6-88AC-4121-AE2D-89B9E8A9BE89.jpg   C011407C-5E7A-446C-91E4-C8FCA44499A5.jpg  
Old 05-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #70

Quote:
Escape had a half awning framed kitchen window recently. I asked about it on a live stream and Karl said they the manufacturer had a quality control issue so they were no longer using it. Here's pictures of it from the 360 degree image on the Escape 19 page.

Tom looks like ours but it is 2013 trailer . Never had any issue with our window . I remember at orientation to not crack the knob real hard which we follow . Pat
Old 05-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
The Maxxfan 7000 series had a problem with the control board failing when supplied voltages higher than 13.5 volts on the earlier versions. It's not much better on the later versions - that is why Escape discontinued installing them.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ems-12314.html

It can be remedied by adding a voltage regulator.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tor-14667.html
Thanks I looked at the link. Mine is the Maxxair 0007500K MaxxFan Smoke Grey Deluxe Remote Fan Lid. It is almost exactly 2 years old, I have it in my Sprinter hooked up to AGM batteries. The AGM batteries bulk charge at 14.4 volts. After 2 years with no problems do you think MaxxAir has corrected the issue? Do you think it is still prudent to add the voltage regulator?
Old 05-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #72

Quote:
Tom looks like ours but it is 2013 trailer . Never had any issue with our window . I remember at orientation to not crack the knob real hard which we follow . Pat
Poor quality control doesn't mean the window is inherently bad. It just means that some were not made to the designed quality.

Here is the point in the livestream where Karl explains the issue they had Escape 19 Showcase (12/5/20)
Old 05-20-2020, 04:35 PM   #73

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I just pulled the bathroom window that was separated about 3/4 of the way around between the two windows. Used JB Weld to "glue" them back together. While it will probably fog, since it is a bathroom window with obscure glass, who cares?

I don't know if all the 2017 windows have permanent gaskets, but mine did so I didn't use foam core or other butyl caulk. I did run a small bead of Pro Flex across the top.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:35 PM   #74

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
This is our window Ron . Only close when going down the road otherwise it is open all the time even in the rain .Bath is a different window it slides up or down to close . Pat
Pat, can these windows not remain open in the rain - even when the awning's on the other side?

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:46 PM   #75

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Thanks for clearing that up Pat. Didn't realize between 2013 and 2014 they switched types for the kitchen window.

A person would have to be careful not to make statements about all ...... having this or that. Definitely there was some flip flopping on some items.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:28 PM   #76

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Thanks I looked at the link. Mine is the Maxxair 0007500K MaxxFan Smoke Grey Deluxe Remote Fan Lid. It is almost exactly 2 years old, I have it in my Sprinter hooked up to AGM batteries. The AGM batteries bulk charge at 14.4 volts. After 2 years with no problems do you think MaxxAir has corrected the issue? Do you think it is still prudent to add the voltage regulator?
If you didn't add a voltage regulator and you couldn't do without the Maxxfan for a week or two while a replacement control board was being shipped, a spare control board would be a good idea.

My Maxxfan control board died at two years and a month old - just outside of the two year warranty. Your control board might last forever or it might die tomorrow - who knows, but I wouldn't count on the forever based on the number of failures I have witnessed.

I really like my Maxxfan but I definitely would not run one without some type of voltage regulator.

And no, they haven't corrected the issue. The new boards are a little better but still can't handle RV voltages.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:43 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
Pat, can these windows not remain open in the rain - even when the awning's on the other side?
Bea I think we have forgotten to close the bath window and even in the rain ,it’s a wet bath so I wouldn’t worry too much . But if we notice it we do close it because the bath will get cold . Pat
Bea we like that the window and screen can open , we run a hose through to toilet once in awhile too.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:44 PM   #78

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up Pat. Didn't realize between 2013 and 2014 they switched types for the kitchen window.

A person would have to be careful not to make statements about all ...... having this or that. Definitely there was some flip flopping on some items.

Ron
Ron you are forgiven ! Pat
Old 05-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #79

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Ronn,
You can always order the smoke cover from the manufacturer, that is what I did on my first Escape. I have the stock cover in my garage.
Thanks Jim, I will check into that
Old 05-21-2020, 05:24 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
If you didn't add a voltage regulator and you couldn't do without the Maxxfan for a week or two while a replacement control board was being shipped, a spare control board would be a good idea.

My Maxxfan control board died at two years and a month old - just outside of the two year warranty. Your control board might last forever or it might die tomorrow - who knows, but I wouldn't count on the forever based on the number of failures I have witnessed.

I really like my Maxxfan but I definitely would not run one without some type of voltage regulator.

And no, they haven't corrected the issue. The new boards are a little better but still can't handle RV voltages.
Tom,

Thanks, I ordered the voltage regulator this morning.

Tom

Tags
fan, windows