Interesting Observation on 5.0’s ?? Anyone ever notice? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2023, 03:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Interesting Observation on 5.0’s ?? Anyone ever notice?

I’m not sure if this have ever been noticed or talked about? Sometimes my OCD gets the best of me lol. When painting the framework under the bed area on my 2020 5.0 TA I had noticed that the fiberglass body “sits” offset on the framework that is under the bed area yet appears and measures mostly straight when looking at the downwards of the frame on either side of the propane compartment.

I will attach some pictures for all to see! At first I thought maybe this was an error at the factory when they mated the fiberglass to the frame but when I attended the Niagara Wine event in Canada last weekend I was able to confirm that this is normal! To some degree….I only looked at one older 5.0 (I think it was a 2017? And it was spot on….the 2019, 2021, 2022 models were offset just like my 2020.

Can anyone speculate why this may have been made this way? Or do you know?

Pics to show what I mean…..if others can chime in and note what they have, that would be interesting, I don’t know why it would be interesting but it would, lol……

Let me explain what you are seeing:
The distance between the downward frame sections on either side of the propane compartment measures approx 15” on mine…that’s both sides so it seems “square” and “centered”

Now on the passenger side of the camper from the frame to the “hump” in the fiberglass there is only 2” and on the driver side from the frame to the “hump” in the fiberglass it measures 3.5”

A good 1.5” off center.

Thoughts of the day……carry on……..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5887.jpg (220.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5888.jpg (114.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5886.jpg (115.0 KB, 28 views)
Suregrip391 is offline   Reply With Quote