Lagun table disappointment - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2023, 10:38 AM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
My only regret with our setup is having the U-shaped dinette. It looks good and adds a bit more storage, but I did lots of mods to add a horde of storage aside from this. My regret is that I would like more foot room as the back bench is a wee bit of a problem for someone sitting at the back of the bench. I would not likely do a bigger table, just have a filler board for assembling it as a bed.
What's a little thread hijack among friends You do bring up a good point and we too would have passed on the U-shape now as well. I think we both had the standard dinettes in our previous Escapes; you had a 19 and we had a 17B. They look good on paper and visually, yet as you point out they are definitely more cramped.
Old 11-08-2023, 10:47 AM   #42

Trailer: 2023 E19
Since the thread is already derailed....

I don't think that the U-shape dinette/Lagun table is a popular option in the 19. However, I am very happy with this configuration.

I'm a solo traveler, so maximum dinette seating space isn't that critical to me. I find that the U-shape layout still allows for ample space for use as a remote office, or for two people to dine comfortably. With the table removed, there is a lounge-like seating area, complete with a mini-couch that I can stretch out on.

The Lagun mount allows the table to be rotated to the back corner of the dinette. I find this gives the front area of the trailer a more spacious feeling compared to the conventional dinette, while still allowing the table to be utilized as extra counter space.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 10:51 AM   #43

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Just a quick note for increasing the space between the table and benches on a standard table in a 21NE.

The standard table in my 21NE with standard dinette benches (not U shape) is a little wobbly but I live with it. I like the big table surface but had a problem with accessing bench storage and standing between the table and bench to access the overhead cabinets.

What I did was turn the table upside down on my work bench and removed the screw stops on the sliders. I installed my own wood stops that allow the table to slide further to the sides. I set it up to slide until the table is even with the plywood sub structure.

This gives me enough room to stand between the table and bench and makes it easier to access the bench storage. I have thought about cutting an inch off each side of the plywood substructure to increase the space but it works as is so probably won't.
BobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 12:01 PM   #44

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have the Springfield pedestal with a 4-way sliding top on it. I have the U-shaped dinette with a full sized table. I can turn or move the top around all over the place. We love it. I would never want a smaller table for many reasons. 4 people can eat, play games, have cocktails, etc with no problem. We can even add a couple grandkids at the back if we want. Even with just the two of us, it is a nice place to put things we want handy while we use the rest of it for tasks.

It lowers into a bed real easy. Doing this also allows great access to under the benches and a nice place to lay and work if needed. I personally have no reason at all to want to remove the table.

My only regret with our setup is having the U-shaped dinette. It looks good and adds a bit more storage, but I did lots of mods to add a horde of storage aside from this. My regret is that I would like more foot room as the back bench is a wee bit of a problem for someone sitting at the back of the bench. I would not likely do a bigger table, just have a filler board for assembling it as a bed.

Okay not a solution to Lagun issues, sorry.
No, it's a good solution.

Unfortunately that four way slider is no longer an option. And that's what would make a permanently mounted table work for us as well, being able to slide the table out of the way in all directions.

We kind of feel the same way about the U shaped dinette, we have the standard U-dinette with the narrow rear bench and it's not great to sit on. With four adults two sit on the side benches and two sort of sit in the corners. We do like it however for a lounge area with the table down and lots of pillow and such. I personally don't think the wider rear bench option would be any better because of the further restriction of the foot and leg room.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 12:16 PM   #45

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
This is a Lagun thread that has turned into a Springfield thread. We have a standard bench seat E19 that I built a base to mount a Lagun on. It’s probably my favorite trailer mod ever. I looked at the Springfield, but once seeing it’s permanent, not easily removable, I completely dismissed it. I personally love the flexibility of the Lagun, but folks have different needs.
Old 11-08-2023, 05:21 PM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
We do like it however for a lounge area with the table down and lots of pillow and such. I personally don't think the wider rear bench option would be any better because of the further restriction of the foot and leg room.
A standard dinette would give you a full sized be for lounging if you wanted to.

I asked Reace for a narrower rear bench, just wide enough to house the battery box and he said nope. I sure would not want it wider either.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:11 PM   #47

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
This is a Lagun thread that has turned into a Springfield thread. We have a standard bench seat E19 that I built a base to mount a Lagun on. It’s probably my favorite trailer mod ever. I looked at the Springfield, but once seeing it’s permanent, not easily removable, I completely dismissed it. I personally love the flexibility of the Lagun, but folks have different needs.
Well it is and it isn't. The OP was unhappy with their Lagun tables and were asking if there are any other options. So naturally it's going to wander, discussing what we like and don't like about different options.

We really like our Lagun too. It's mostly just the two of us, I can understand wanting a more stable, sturdy table especially if you had kids.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 11:24 PM   #48

Trailer: 2023 5.0
The lagun is a turd. It’s great if your table is up all the time, it sucks if you need to convert frequently.
Cascadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 09:46 AM   #49

Trailer: 2023 21'Ne F2 (on order)
We’ve been in discussions with ETI after-purchase customer support. They agreed that the Lagun is not really suitable for the size of table in the 21NE because it wobbles and does not sit level. They were surprised that we hadn’t been informed of these problems in advance and are reconsidering offering it for this model. ETI is refunding us the cost of the Lagun option and providing us with the standard table posts and hardware. Great customer service from a great company.
Crows Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 11:31 AM   #50

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows Nest View Post

They were surprised that we hadn’t been informed of these problems in advance and are reconsidering offering it for this model. ETI is refunding us the cost of the Lagun option and providing us with the standard table posts and hardware. Great customer service from a great company.
Well, the Lagun became the flavor of the day on the forum with many raving about it, so that's understandable.

Unless you've used the twin sloppy table posts and were OK with them do yourself a favor and buy a Springfield single pedestal table base.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 12:02 PM   #51
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Unless you've used the twin sloppy table posts and were OK with them do yourself a favor and buy a Springfield single pedestal table base.

Ron
Yeah because people need to complain about not being able to turn the table to either get in to sit down or reach the upper cabinets. OR, it's really, really hard to get the table off the posts to put it down in bed mode.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 12:59 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Each type of mount has its advantages and disadvantages. I started with a Springfield, but because I tinker a lot with the guts of the trailer that are under the seating, the table was always getting in the way.

I switched to a Lagun, and I admit it is not as rock solid as the Springfield, but I can easily take the table off the pedestal when I want to work (such as this morning when I replaced the water pump).

Never had the twin pedestals, but I've read complaints that they are not as steady or all that easy to remove.

If I was going to make up the bed with the table often, I'd go with the Springfield, otherwise, the Lagun works best for me.
Old 11-17-2023, 04:42 PM   #53
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
When we purchased our E21 in 2019 from ETI the Lagun table mount was not an option so we bought it separately and my husband installed ours afterwards. At first we loved it, then after about a year or so, we could not get the table to stay level and it did not swivel easy at all.

Thinking we got a lemon, we tried to order some replacement parts. That's when we discovered our mistake. Before we picked up our trailer, we were ordering so many things off Amazon (anyone relate?!?!) that we somehow ordered our Lagun table mount from Amazon, too. Ops! We did not realize that the original 'real' Lagun Table mounts are NOT sold on Amazon. The are knock offs and don't last!

We decided that we still liked the functionality of the Lagun system so we went ahead and ordered another one again, but this time from the original USA Lagun website. Now, after several years of use our real Lagun system has been flawless. Level table and easy to maneuver. Huge difference.

WillyB, if ETI installed your Lagun Table, just hope they sourced it from the original factory. Might be worth a call?? Wishing you the best!
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 06:57 AM   #54

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
When we purchased our E21 in 2019 from ETI the Lagun table mount was not an option so we bought it separately and my husband installed ours afterwards. At first we loved it, then after about a year or so, we could not get the table to stay level and it did not swivel easy at all.

Thinking we got a lemon, we tried to order some replacement parts. That's when we discovered our mistake. Before we picked up our trailer, we were ordering so many things off Amazon (anyone relate?!?!) that we somehow ordered our Lagun table mount from Amazon, too. Ops! We did not realize that the original 'real' Lagun Table mounts are NOT sold on Amazon. The are knock offs and don't last!

We decided that we still liked the functionality of the Lagun system so we went ahead and ordered another one again, but this time from the original USA Lagun website. Now, after several years of use our real Lagun system has been flawless. Level table and easy to maneuver. Huge difference.

WillyB, if ETI installed your Lagun Table, just hope they sourced it from the original factory. Might be worth a call?? Wishing you the best!
We are considering a Lagun table mount for next year so I'm really glad you posted this info. It's good to hear from someone who has actually used both although we intend to buy from LagunUSA anyway.

The knockoff situation from Amazon could be the source of other people's dissatisfaction with their Laguns.

Thank you.
Old 11-18-2023, 08:08 AM   #55
Site Team

Who was it that made the 'cheap' Springfield out of water pipe? I knew I'd regret not grabbing the URL for future use. It may be exactly what people who are unhappy with the Lagun, need!
Old 11-18-2023, 10:39 AM   #56

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Who was it that made the 'cheap' Springfield out of water pipe? I knew I'd regret not grabbing the URL for future use. It may be exactly what people who are unhappy with the Lagun, need!
Not the link that I remember seeing (but can't remember where) but here is a camper van solution -
Old 11-18-2023, 11:13 AM   #57

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
This, way back in 2018, by the always crafty Eggscape, perhaps?

Cheapfield table leg for Eggscape
Old 11-18-2023, 11:16 AM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
This by the always crafty Eggscape, perhaps?

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post268654
That's it, THAT's IT! I looked at pages of Springfield posts and I searched for Cheap Springfield... but never Cheapfield

Gotta save this one

Thanks Alan!
Old 11-18-2023, 11:21 AM   #59

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
... Thanks Alan!
No worries, glad to help! I happened to remember it was an Eggscape mod and searched "table" within that (subscribed) thread I enjoy following
Old 02-14-2024, 10:27 AM   #60

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23
Update: ETI has indeed changed directions on the Lagun. I received an email yesterday that says: "We've received an unusually high number of complaints regarding the Adjustable Swivel Table Mount, particularly its tendency to slope and its excessive springiness, especially noticeable in the E21NE model due to its larger surface area. Consequently, we have decided to discontinue this product on all trailers going forward."

Since I already signed an E 23 build sheet with the Lagun, they are offering me a switch to either the standard legs or the Springfield pedestal, or I can stick with Lagun knowing the issues. I'm leaning toward Springfield after reading this thread and a couple others. Any updated advice welcome!
BobCS is offline   Reply With Quote