Two Issues - Propane and Fiberglass - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2023, 07:25 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape_19 View Post
Oh really Ron....really?? Did things diminish in about 2016 according to you?https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post436687

I think that you've mis-read the thread. What diminished was the willingness by ETI to do custom work as they grew larger.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 03:12 PM   #22

Trailer: WTB: E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I think that you've mis-read the thread. What diminished was the willingness by ETI to do custom work as they grew larger.

Ron
Okay, got it...carry on
Old 02-15-2023, 02:12 PM   #23

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
As for those weep/drain holes, I used the one in the driver-side rear of our 2017 21 as a port to install a short 110V extension cord without having to drill another access hole through the fiberglass shell. The extension cord is a simple way to run a dehumidifier in the summer and heater in the winter using shore power without having to use the onboard electrical system when in storage. And the weep hole can still function as a drain even with the electrical cord running through it now.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 03:21 PM   #24

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwinfrey View Post
I think a street 90 would solve the propane issue if you’re able to do the work.
Yes, an NPT male to flare male 90 degree fitting would work, but the NPT side of the fitting would need to be clocked suitably, which is a pain with pipe threads. And the hose is already damaged so it should be replaced anyway.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 05:05 PM   #25

Trailer: 5.0
What I don’t understand is who would leave it like that doesn’t say much for the workmanship pretty obvious that it is not right? Why would they let the trailer leave like that when it’s 15 minutes fix.
Grasshog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 05:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Quality control can make or break some things, I find it disappointing that a company like Escape would let certain things get missed especially when they know the difficulty involved for many to get repaired after the fact. Glad we bought our trailer used because I can honestly say if I spent that kind of money on a new trailer and had some of the quality contol issues I've heard about I would be none to happy. That hose should have been noticed that's bad and really not safe.

Enjoy the road and smooth travels.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote