Water pump issue - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2024, 01:02 PM   #1

Trailer: 2023 21NE
Water pump issue

We are on our first shakedown trip with our new 2023 21NE. We are experiencing a problem with the water pump. It pressurizes the system and provides water as needed but will not shut off when the facets are closed. It does not continue to sound like it is pumping water, but is a low hum, almost like it is sucking air. I have checked all the connections and all seem tight. I do not see any indications of water leaks anywhere. Any suggestions on what to look for?
Charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Hi Charlie, on the water line leading to the pump is a small clear plastic bulb with a screw on cap. Remove this cap and clear out any PVC residue that may have collected on the screen. Also try clearing out the screen on your kitchen faucet. These two locations are notorious for collecting PVC debris on a new Escape, and will cause the condition you describe. Good Luck!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliej View Post
We are on our first shakedown trip with our new 2023 21NE. We are experiencing a problem with the water pump. It pressurizes the system and provides water as needed but will not shut off when the facets are closed. It does not continue to sound like it is pumping water, but is a low hum, almost like it is sucking air. I have checked all the connections and all seem tight. I do not see any indications of water leaks anywhere. Any suggestions on what to look for?
Here's Escapes pump troubleshooting video

https://youtu.be/aL_3kz7y2zM?si=naGtJAAn8aHG2xYq
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 06:56 PM   #4

I’ve cleaned the aerators and the pump filter. Nothing has changed. When I get home, and have access to my Allen wrenches, I will try adjusting the pressure switch as Reace suggested in his video. Should that not solve the problem a call to Escape will be in order.
Thank you both for the suggestions.

CharlieJ
Old 03-06-2024, 08:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
On the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliej View Post
I’ve cleaned the aerators and the pump filter. Nothing has changed. When I get home, and have access to my Allen wrenches, I will try adjusting the pressure switch as Reace suggested in his video. Should that not solve the problem a call to Escape will be in order.
Thank you both for the suggestions.

CharlieJ
Once in a while when I’m on the road I need a tool I don’t have along. If the water pump needs An Allen wrench, I stop at the big box store or Harbor Freight and get what I need.
It usually doesn’t cost that much and gives me peace of mind. Also if you stop at an auto zone they usually have a bunch of Tools in a box you can borrow. Maybe you could fix what you need to fix in the parking lot, especially if there’s a shade tree.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-08-2024, 04:21 PM   #6

Since I was coming home the day after I posted this, I decided to postpone the repairs until I got home. Got out the Allen wrenches and adjusted the pressure screw on top of the water pump as suggested Reace. It appears that the problem is now solved. Yippee.