Karl Says Goodbye - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2023, 06:07 AM   #81
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
The delay of the 23 was frustrating and costEscape another order from us. 3years of promises and still no production. I’m beginning to think the product will never be offered for sale.
For the features they were aiming at (walk-around or twin beds, dry bath, lounge-type dinette) it looks like 23' was not large enough. You need more room, something like your 25' Bigfoot, not only longer but wider. What Karl has ended up with is not very different from the 21' models. So I suspect you may be right: could be a dead-end.
Old 06-23-2023, 08:10 AM   #82

Trailer: 21C 2023. Previous 2019 17B
I think Karl will be difficult to replace. Wondering how things are running right now at Escape. We got our email that our new 21C entered production about the same time as the email Karl was leaving. We’ve already had a phone call about production delays and I’m feeling a bit anxious.
Bcescapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 08:20 AM   #83

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcescapist View Post
I think Karl will be difficult to replace. Wondering how things are running right now at Escape. We got our email that our new 21C entered production about the same time as the email Karl was leaving. We’ve already had a phone call about production delays and I’m feeling a bit anxious.
I would not be anxious. The production crew was building trailers long before Karl was hired, and I am sure that will continue. He has been gone a week and inventory trailers have already have a price reduction of $1500 and offer free delivery. This good news for the customers. I am looking forward to seeing what new management does for escape. Hopefully good thing will come.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 09:25 AM   #84

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
We'll all said and done, I believe that Escape could
have been more forthcoming and giving it's waiting
paid customers some assurance that all is well. But
they have not reached out. I find communications are
lacking.
I fell left in the dark. Never received an email or phone
call of any sort.

All they had to say is " All is well and it's Business as usual."
Faces may change but we're here to stay.

Hope Karl, the best wherever he has gone. I feel he had Escape
at best interest in heart and had more to give to Escape.
All things take time and all things come to those who wait.

Cheers!!!!!
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 11:18 AM   #85

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
For the features they were aiming at (walk-around or twin beds, dry bath, lounge-type dinette) it looks like 23' was not large enough. You need more room, something like your 25' Bigfoot, not only longer but wider. What Karl has ended up with is not very different from the 21' models. So I suspect you may be right: could be a dead-end.
The 23 at the rally received very enthusiastic reviews. The twin bed layout is an obvious winner eliminates any discussion about "scoot" or "climb over."

Going inside is a whole lot different than looking at and trying to visulize what the interior might feel like.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 11:20 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack sparrow View Post
We'll all said and done, I believe that Escape could
have been more forthcoming and giving it's waiting
paid customers some assurance that all is well.
I've had multiple contact with ETI this week and I can assure you, all is well. Life goes on.

Ron
Old 06-23-2023, 12:19 PM   #87

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
The 23 at the rally received very enthusiastic reviews. The twin bed layout is an obvious winner eliminates any discussion about "scoot" or "climb over."

Going inside is a whole lot different than looking at and trying to visulize what the interior might feel like.
Quicky reviews are one thing and the grass is always greener . . . . . . but knowing what I've learined over the years, I said all along they were never going to have a dry bath in a 23' trailer without severe compromises. Thank goodness they went back to a wet bath.

We're on our 17th camper/trailer over the decades and have a good eye on use. The 23' is lacking on storage, entry, and dinette space. They did do the best they probably could without building new molds. At about 21' one should move on to 4'itis. Had they announced a 25' instead of a 23' we would have waited.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 06-23-2023, 04:07 PM   #88

Trailer: WTB: E19
dry bath

We had a 2014 Camplite 14 DBS aluminum frame, all alluminum flooring and outside/roof, acrylic windows that are just now being investigated by Escape. This had a porcilein toilet with a dry bath.I think Escape could be inovative and do something like this floor plan.
Attached Thumbnails
layout.JPG  
Old 06-23-2023, 04:17 PM   #89

Trailer: 2021 5.0
I wouldn’t want to pull anything longer or wider than my 5.0, so many times I’m thankful it’s the size it is. 13-17-19-21-23-40 foot, all a personal preference.
As far as catching feelings for Karl, I don’t have any one way or another. He was hired to do a job, PR was part of the job. He will exhibit the same moves with his next place of employment.
Politicians and salespeople are well aware many people lead with their emotions, so they play on that.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:28 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape_19 View Post

I think Escape could be inovative and do something like this floor plan.
Don't say that to anyone who's actually been in the 23 and does the cooking.

The kitchen area is on the other end of the scale to the one shown. For folks that are going to spend some serious time in the trailer it's a very attractive feature.

Ron
Old 06-23-2023, 04:30 PM   #91

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Thanks to Kent’s ‘how to’ on posting photos I even managed to do that. I’m picking up all kinds of new skills. At least today…
edlynnrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:31 PM   #92

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Crap. Wrong thread :-(
edlynnrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:52 PM   #93

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Having worked for a few companies over the years with top management changes all I can say is that a good company has a “machine” that runs pretty well without the big cheese.

As far as the 23. We talked long and hard about the size of a camper we wanted. Once we decided we didn’t want to buy a camper to sit inside we quickly decided that the 21c was the perfect size. We’re outside campers and outside cookers. Well, unless it’s raining really hard.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 06:18 PM   #94

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcescapist View Post

Same here. I emailed 3 =4 times(starting about 5 weeks out), "Do you see ANY reason my finish date will change, I see you have built inventory trailers? I'm am planning on picking it up from NORTH CAROLINA". (And YES, you have have to make travel plans, on that kind of distance driving! I do NOT have anything fancy on it either, pretty bare bones)) Over & over, "Should be no problem". So I pay for it & all & leave, then I finally hear could be one to 2 more WEEKS, I'm ON the road!!!!!!! Yet, they had time to build $$$$ inventory units, which are not selling well at their prices. How can they run a company that can't tell a couple of weeks out, if something can be done in time(or tell the TRUTH it can't)?

I wonder if some people saw somethings........& left, when Karl left?
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 06:58 PM   #95

My friend picked up a new 17B today. A couple of weeks ago he was told that the pickup date had to be moved by 3 days. That's life in the supply chain these days.

Not crazy about the new emergency window. Needs a way to install a screen and a way to hold the window open for ventilation.

I've talked to several different folks at ETI this week, including those in a position to know, and the theory that something untoward was going on and others left is simply wrong.

Ron
Old 06-23-2023, 07:02 PM   #96

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
Got a call from Escape about an hour ago asking if I would mind pushing my completion date out a week. I agreed to it. Maybe it would help to move things along a little better. At least I heard from them. I now have to setup another deliver date, so I filled out the on site form again as instructed, now waiting on the Lady that takes care of this task to call me and verify the new delivery date. I was assured that everyone is still there minus Karl. No comment was given of his departure. Didn't expect any comment anyway.

I agree as well to the person that quoted " a good company is a machine...... that will continue running well without the top end". I know this for a fact is true first hand.

Cheers everyone...... Happy trails!!!
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 07:11 PM   #97

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
I have an extra old style emergency window.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 08:38 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
I have an extra old style emergency window.

I'd be interested init. PMed you
Old 06-23-2023, 08:59 PM   #99

Trailer: 2023 E19
I got a call today about sliding my E19 delivery date 2 weeks, 8/8 to 8/22. I agreed to the slide. Due to prior commitments for most of August, we didn't really want to pick up the trailer until the second week of September.

I asked if the reason for the slide was supply chain issues, the answer was no. It seemed the slide was related to adjusting the production schedule because of order slow down.
joebuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 09:22 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
My friend picked up a new 17B today. A couple of weeks ago he was told that the pickup date had to be moved by 3 days. That's life in the supply chain these days.

Not crazy about the new emergency window. Needs a way to install a screen and a way to hold the window open for ventilation.

I've talked to several different folks at ETI this week, including those in a position to know, and the theory that something untoward was going on and others left is simply wrong.

Ron

Well, now that they are calling people asking about push back dates, MIGHT be from me putting up a big stink. I 1st TOLD them 8 weeks out(dam had the pups, deposit on the pup was BEFORE I ordered the trailer), I had a puppy to pick up first in TX, as I do the drive ALL the way from NC. & then I EMAILED them 3 more times about it, paid it up a head of time. As I could have easily had the pup held to the next weekend(the 2nd spring litter). & headed out a week later. But I was repeatedly told it looked to be still fine. It was not, & didn't find out, until 6 DAYS before their date! They HAD all the facts, & I did everything on my end. So no, I'm FAR from happy with them.