Karl Says Goodbye - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2023, 03:16 PM   #181
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Something I've learned over the years, it may not have been abrupt at all, but could have been planned. Either because he decided it or the corporation decided and it may have been decided weeks in advance. There's no obligation to inform anyone of changing personnel at ETI.
Oh, I know there's no obligation, and there may well be restrictions on what Karl can say. That's why I said "It would be nice if Karl felt free. . ." Likely he doesn't.
Old 07-12-2023, 03:20 PM   #182

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
There's no obligation to inform anyone of changing personnel at ETI.
Right-and in Karl's case there likely is an obligation to not say anything via an NDA.
Old 07-12-2023, 03:45 PM   #183
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
All I can say is that if things continue as they are, this thread will continue longer than Karl worked at ETI
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:09 PM   #184

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape_19 View Post
I wonder if Escape will become part of the Tri West group (Outdoor Adventure) that bought Northern Lite and Off Grid? Perhaps...the RV industry is cooling quite a bit the past year. It appears this would be a great fit not only for Tri West but for the current and future owners of Escape trailers,
That would be a better outcome than what KV did with Campion boats. After a failed attempt at moving manufacturing to Mexico, they shut down abruptly last year and liquidated the assets.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:14 PM   #185
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityofdestiny View Post
That would be a better outcome than what KV did with Campion boats. After a failed attempt at moving manufacturing to Mexico, they shut down abruptly last year and liquidated the assets.
Great. What are the odds that we'll end up owning fringe antiques like U-Haul campers?
Old 07-12-2023, 10:23 PM   #186

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
I guess everyone at ETI is under an NDA as no one is saying much and the videos and the QnAs have stopped. Dead stop. To sad.

Guess we'll have to do a wait and see.

Cheers..... Happy trails to ya.....
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:21 PM   #187

Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
I'd say the video's stopped because that was Harrison, Karl's son.
He did a great job and was so consistent and persistent.
At the rally, a trailer walk through or any other video, he was the production company with great results.
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:31 PM   #188

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape_19 View Post
I wonder if Escape will become part of the Tri West group (Outdoor Adventure) that bought Northern Lite and Off Grid? Perhaps...the RV industry is cooling quite a bit the past year. It appears this would be a great fit not only for Tri West but for the current and future owners of Escape trailers,
Curiously, both Off Grid and Northern Lite were acquired in 2017 and offloaded after five years in 2022. Escape was acquired in 2018, so the timing would appear to be about right.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 06:58 AM   #189

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
We bought our 19 in 2014. The kitchen window didn't close properly, we took it back the day after we picked it up and the problem was solved. Since then we've had an intermittent issue with the frig, but mostly it's been fine. During the planning stages I had several conversations with Reace who took his time explaining things and helped me make decisions about what to add on. Frankly, after reading about all the issues people have had, and the company's attitudes, I wouldn't buy an Escape now.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:04 PM   #190

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
KV has already sold or shut down three of the four RV brands they bought in 2017 & 2018. Why they did that surely is related to what is happening at ETI now.
This is sad. I wonder if Reace and Tammy would not have sold the company to KV if they knew this was a likely reality.
Old 07-13-2023, 12:17 PM   #191

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
This is sad. I wonder if Reace and Tammy would not have sold the company to KV if they knew this was a likely reality.
I'm assuming Reace and Tammy were biz people who took a chance to make money... They weren't a conglomerate , but the intent of starting a biz is return on investment.. They took the money...as they should.. Maybe it breaks their heart now but..
Old 07-13-2023, 01:07 PM   #192

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
You just never know what the future holds. When we talked to Tammy a few years back she said offers to buy the company came often and they had decided that they really wanted to sell to a Canadian owner if at all possible and not a Chinese company. So they did and they didn’t and it’s maybe ironic that it’s turning out the way it’s going but, “That s life, that what
All the people say, you go from 20 months of back orders in April to selling out in May With apologies to Frank.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-13-2023, 01:09 PM   #193

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post

Maybe it breaks their heart now but..
Why would it. As a old saying says, there's a time to come and a time to go. I think that they knew it was time to go. Their efforts were a great success story but part of the success was that they grew into a much larger company with all it's management requirements and problems that come with it. What happens to ETI now happens, their legacy is that Escape brand trailers will be cruising the highways and byways for years and decades to come.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 01:32 PM   #194

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Why would it ... their legacy is that Escape brand trailers will be cruising the highways and byways for years and decades to come.

Ron
Well said and a wonderful legacy.
Old 07-13-2023, 02:00 PM   #195

Trailer: 2019 19 ft.
Quote:
What happens to ETI now happens, their legacy is that Escape brand trailers will be cruising the highways and byways for years and decades to come.Ron
Well said. Will be interesting how ETI changes. New company? New fiberglass mold speciality company? New factory in USA? All electric? So many possibilities.

73/gus
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 02:52 PM   #196

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Great. What are the odds that we'll end up owning fringe antiques like U-Haul campers?
I don't understand the concern. Once a trailer is out of warranty, the existence of the original manufacturer doesn't matter much. The difficulty with U-Haul campers is that the running gear (suspension, hubs, wheels) is oddball, and thus it is difficult to get parts, but Escape only uses very common components such as Dexter Torflex axle/suspension assemblies.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 03:41 PM   #197
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I don't understand the concern. Once a trailer is out of warranty, the existence of the original manufacturer doesn't matter much. The difficulty with U-Haul campers is that the running gear (suspension, hubs, wheels) is oddball, and thus it is difficult to get parts, but Escape only uses very common components such as Dexter Torflex axle/suspension assemblies.
'Concern' might be too strong a word. But it is kinda nice to think of Escape as a young and growing family, with strong ties between the company and its customers, who are also ambassadors for the product. Certainly clubs of owners form around orphaned products, whether vehicles or other artifacts, but the link to the company is lost.
Old 07-13-2023, 05:30 PM   #198

Trailer: 2024 21NE F2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I don't understand the concern. Once a trailer is out of warranty, the existence of the original manufacturer doesn't matter much.
Tell that to the owners of Toyota trucks who are getting full frame replacements 20+ years after their warranties expired--ALL PAID BY TOYOTA! You think that happens if Toyota was no longer in existence?!!!

You don't seem to understand that if ETI is shuttered, Escape owners will have ZERO recourse for all future defects & issues that arise. Don't forget, there have already been 2 frame recalls (2015 & 2018) (see: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...17b-23852.html)

Haul yourself over to the Campion boat forums; those people aren't happy.
Don Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 05:44 PM   #199

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... WoW... The "Oracle of Edmonton" has spoken!!! Doesn't understand the concern. Maybe it's an issue for those of us who are proud members of the ETI family of owners. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 05:56 PM   #200

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Why would it. As a old saying says, there's a time to come and a time to go. I think that they knew it was time to go. Their efforts were a great success story but part of the success was that they grew into a much larger company with all it's management requirements and problems that come with it. What happens to ETI now happens, their legacy is that Escape brand trailers will be cruising the highways and byways for years and decades to come.

Ron
Only because they made many friends here for the trailers they built and repaired..Wouldn't you be?