Karl Says Goodbye - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2023, 07:57 PM   #161

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Hey, maybe the Oliver folks in Tennessee could buy ETI, and offer it as a 'low-cost' alternative to their premium line.
Or Scamp could buy them and make it their Premium Line.
Made in the land of 10,000 lakes, Yah!
Iowa Dave
Old 07-10-2023, 08:44 PM   #162
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Or Scamp could buy them and make it their Premium Line.
Made in the land of 10,000 lakes, Yah!
Iowa Dave
Aspire up, not down.
Old 07-10-2023, 10:45 PM   #163
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
If you haven't seen the 23 in person it's worth having a look at even if it isn't in your future. Very different feeling than the published plans might indicate. It's parked near the parking lot.
Ron

I drove past ETI while travelling from Vancouver Island to Kelowna and return. Towing our rig and contemplated stoping at ETI and decided not to...mainly due to making sure I made a ferry back to the Island.

NOW I find out that ETI has a sample 23 available to peruse...
Gad...I gotta pay more attention to the forum than I have of late. Oh well, maybe it'll still be available to view the next time I'm off the Island.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:07 AM   #164

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I was by ETI on Fri. and it's still parked in the same location. I'm not sure that the intent is to have it on display like the showroom models but it's there and probably if anyone asks they'll open it up for you. Ask Nicolas.

I think it's at a point where decisions have to be made and with a temporary CEO in place that may or may not happen in the near future. Decisions include going with the layout currently in it and tweaking the dinette. The round table in it was only put in to have a table in it at the rally.

This is definitely turning into a long goodbye for Karl.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:29 AM   #165

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:

Ron
Sounds like you're ready to ask the moderators to close yet another thread
Old 07-11-2023, 11:06 AM   #166

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
I was by ETI on Fri. and it's still parked in the same location. I'm not sure that the intent is to have it on display like the showroom models but it's there and probably if anyone asks they'll open it up for you. Ask Nicolas.

I think it's at a point where decisions have to be made and with a temporary CEO in place that may or may not happen in the near future. Decisions include going with the layout currently in it and tweaking the dinette. The round table in it was only put in to have a table in it at the rally.

Ron
Hi: Ron in BC... Ariva Derecho!!! I ha 8 long goodbyes. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:35 AM   #167

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
Well Ron in BC and escape artist, if you were not here where else would you be?? Haven't seen much conversation else where, sooooo in the name of Karl lets keep the conversation going here.

I hear the 23 is pretty nice, with lots more room to move around in.

Boy all the videos from Escape sure have come to a halt..... Would have thought Harrison or Samuel would have taken over and at least put up something. Lot of the tech videos could use some updating.

O well.... If you live long enough, ya see change........

Cheers and Happy trails guys and gals.....
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 12:18 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Sounds like you're ready to ask the moderators to close yet another thread
Not at all, sometimes a comment is just a comment. Although the thread certainly has strayed a bit at times.

Ron
Old 07-11-2023, 12:29 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack sparrow View Post

Well Ron in BC and escape artist, if you were not here where else would you be??
Well speaking from my side I use the forum as my coffee break. I tend to work like a dog and sitting down for a bit isn't a bad thing for me to do.

I just came in sweating from cleaning out the back of the truck. Despite having a tarp under the truck bed mat, up the tailgate and on top of the contents for several feet everything was coated in dust and had to be individually cleaned.

Also, I installed friction hinges but hadn't removed or replaced the screen door brush like bottom. Despite a rolled up towel on the inside there was still a lot of dust inside the trailer. I'm going to deal with that, we do travel on dusty roads a lot. The price of filling the freezer with fish, 30 km. of dusty roads.

So, coffee breaks over, got a double glazed window that needs attention and a little disabled girl that needs a mod to her "not a wheelchair". The next time I check in one of those will be checked off.

Ron
Old 07-11-2023, 08:19 PM   #170

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Well speaking from my side I use the forum as my coffee break. I tend to work like a dog and sitting down for a bit isn't a bad thing for me to do.

I just came in sweating from cleaning out the back of the truck. Despite having a tarp under the truck bed mat, up the tailgate and on top of the contents for several feet everything was coated in dust and had to be individually cleaned.

Also, I installed friction hinges but hadn't removed or replaced the screen door brush like bottom. Despite a rolled up towel on the inside there was still a lot of dust inside the trailer. I'm going to deal with that, we do travel on dusty roads a lot. The price of filling the freezer with fish, 30 km. of dusty roads.

So, coffee breaks over, got a double glazed window that needs attention and a little disabled girl that needs a mod to her "not a wheelchair". The next time I check in one of those will be checked off.

Ron
When you finish both of those, you'll deserve another coffee and also a double glazed donut!
Old 07-12-2023, 09:53 AM   #171

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Although the thread certainly has strayed a bit at times.

Ron

Shocked, I tell you! Shocked! (grin)

I'll come clean your dust for a bit of fish.

B
Old 07-12-2023, 11:10 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Although the thread certainly has strayed a bit at times.

Ron

Shocked, I tell you! Shocked! (grin)

I'll come clean your dust for a bit of fish.

B
Oh yah, shocked for sure.

With all the stories about AI lately I wonder if it'll ever come to the forum. As much as I don't mind a bit of humor etc. in a thread the content, the actual facts that might help a person down the road searching for information, sometimes gets buried.

Wouldn't it be great if AI monitored posts and if a post strayed OT and didn't match the post title it'd file it under an appropriate thread title.

Don't know what it'd do with Alf's posts though.

Ron
Old 07-12-2023, 12:00 PM   #173

Trailer: 21
No need for artificial idot on this forum
Old 07-12-2023, 12:43 PM   #174

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Wouldn't it be great if AI monitored posts and if a post strayed OT and didn't match the post title it'd file it under an appropriate thread title.

Ron
The forum I moderate, off-topic posts are either left, if only one or two comments (except For Sale), deleted (For Sale allows no commenting), or a new thread is started. Most of Alf's posts would remain, but be deleted if part of thread drift.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-12-2023, 12:55 PM   #175

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Oh yah, shocked for sure.

With all the stories about AI lately I wonder if it'll ever come to the forum. As much as I don't mind a bit of humor etc. in a thread the content, the actual facts that might help a person down the road searching for information, sometimes gets buried.

Ron
HHi: Ron in BC... No worries about Alf's posts... I'm still here. It's Karl that said goodbye. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 02:00 PM   #176

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Lots of speculation…maybe Karl left because KV said stop the production of the 23. Maybe KV is not continuing the 23 or maybe the new owners in the future will not continue the 23.

Karl said at the rally that the recliners for the 23 were arriving shortly and would replace the dinette with pictures out shortly.

If I was waiting for a 23 I would be contacting ETI to see if it was still being worked on.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 02:25 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post

If I was waiting for a 23 I would be contacting ETI to see if it was still being worked on.
I did have that discussion a couple of weeks ago. My sense is that things are sort of in limbo given the interim CEO situation.

Who knows were factors are involved in Karl leaving. I do feel that he went out on a high note after getting a lot of positive feedback on the 23 at the rally.

Ron
Old 07-12-2023, 02:58 PM   #178
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
It would be nice if Karl felt free to tell us something about the circumstances of his abrupt departure, and even about his estimation of ETI's (and the E23's) future. Until that happens, we are reduced to speculation. I wonder if that's true of his colleagues at ETI as well.
Old 07-12-2023, 03:10 PM   #179
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
It would be nice if Karl felt free to tell us something about the circumstances of his abrupt departure, and even about his estimation of ETI's (and the E23's) future. Until that happens, we are reduced to speculation. I wonder if that's true of his colleagues at ETI as well.
Something I've learned over the years, it may not have been abrupt at all, but could have been planned. Either because he decided it or the corporation decided and it may have been decided weeks in advance. There's no obligation to inform anyone of changing personnel at ETI.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 03:10 PM   #180

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
KV has already sold or shut down three of the four RV brands they bought in 2017 & 2018. Why they did that surely is related to what is happening at ETI now. I'll bet they are in caretaker status and if so didn't need to pay Karl the wages he was making when he left. That salary must have been significantly higher than when he started having met some metrics for raises and/or bonuses.

KV has indicated in their job posting for a new President that they are for sale. Given that admission does anyone really think a new top of the line model will actually be produced while KV still owns ETI?