Pics of the new interior - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #61
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Donna interested for all the reasons you listed . What and where did you get your sink ? Pat
Unfortunately ETI will no longer install the type of sink I have. The taps are ON the sink, not behind.

I was chatting with a Casita owner. He owns a dental laboratory. He went Home Depot and was able to order a dropin, stainless steel sink that the counter dimensions weren't any bigger than a bar sink, just deeper. They're not available on the website. He doesn't have the SKU.

So if you want to spend some time looking/searching... there's that...

BUT, if you are into a DIY and have limited counter space.. there's THIS
Attached Thumbnails
Sink-Casita-Krowne-02.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
I have installed several of these sinks - the owners have all been pleased with it. There shouldn't be any issue with Escape installing one.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ade-14945.html

https://www.amazon.com/Houzer-MIDNIT.../dp/B00J9Q4CIC
Attached Thumbnails
Houser E100 Quartz.jpg  
Old 08-16-2019, 03:18 PM   #63

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Unfortunately ETI will no longer install the type of sink I have. The taps are ON the sink, not behind.

I was chatting with a Casita owner. He owns a dental laboratory. He went Home Depot and was able to order a dropin, stainless steel sink that the counter dimensions weren't any bigger than a bar sink, just deeper. They're not available on the website. He doesn't have the SKU.

So if you want to spend some time looking/searching... there's that...

BUT, if you are into a DIY and have limited counter space.. there's THIS
Thanks Donna ! I would have to see in person but we have the old facet which we wanted a change anyway . That might make us happy , it is 2 in wider then what we have , the depth is the biggest problem . Will also take a look at Home Depot for the one the dentist suggested or ? We just want a change . If I can find something we are happy with in the Formica may even redo that too which I never redid yet . Really liked Laura’s sink when we got to see it . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:21 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I have installed several of these sinks - the owners have all been pleased with it. There shouldn't be any issue with Escape installing one.

That looks great Tom ! but we have to find something more in our budget . But I said that about the Sam 1 and ended up very happily changing . Pat
Old 08-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #65
Site Team

Quote:
That looks great Tom ! but we have to find something more in our budget . But I said that about the Sam 1 and ended up very happily changing . Pat
One thing about a budget, you wait a little longer, save a little more... when you're looking to purchase a one-and-done. For me, this is where I need to learn patience and it's oh-so-hard when I want it NOW It's the biggest reason I'm now buying my SECOND bike rack....
Old 08-16-2019, 03:38 PM   #66

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:

This is the sink we got in our 5.0TA, comes in several colors. It's a bit bigger and definitely deeper than the standard sink. We had a double sink in our previous trailer and tried in vain to find one that would fit in the 5.0TA so we got this one - and we have been very happy with it, haven't missed the double sink.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:47 PM   #67

Quote:
One thing about a budget, you wait a little longer, save a little more... when you're looking to purchase a one-and-done. For me, this is where I need to learn patience and it's oh-so-hard when I want it NOW It's the biggest reason I'm now buying my SECOND bike rack....
Hear you Donna on this . The older I get I do have less patience . Just in the looking stage right now but ...... Pat
Old 08-16-2019, 03:48 PM   #68
Site Team

Quote:
the depth is the biggest problem Pat
I already posted the cardboard box, but this is what that sink looks like installed in a Casita. And everyone know how small a countertop Casitas have.
Attached Thumbnails
Sink-Casita-Krowne-01.jpg  
Old 08-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #69

Quote:
I already posted the cardboard box, but this is what that sink looks like installed in a Casita. And everyone know how small a countertop Casitas have.
You know how construction goes how hard could it be . We just went out and measured . The Krowne sink you posted would give us 2 more in in width and double the depth . The Escape sink is only 5 in deep . The facet would mount on the top on the Krowne . Current Escape sink is 15 in length. The Krowne is 18 in , that’s good . I would have to change out Escape plumbing using the bladder valve , forgot the name right now . Check to make sure the pans that are on a slide have room with deeper sink .
The sink Tom posted is 15x15 . 5 more in in width and it is 8 in in depth . The only problem with that is , we would have to make sure we are happy with facet mounted on Formica and get new facet that installs that way .
Still going to Home Depot and look . Can always change Formica top .
Need to find some patience here , just collected new parts for truck and need to get installed first then ..... Pat
Old 08-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #70

Quote:
Like the looks of that sink and facet on top of sink ! Pat
Old 08-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #71
Site Team

Quote:
Like the looks of that sink and facet on top of sink ! Pat
I thought you might like it. Especially since the 19' has limited counter space. But boy, deeper than a stock bar sink.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #72

Quote:
You know how construction goes how hard could it be . We just went out and measured . The Krowne sink you posted would give us 2 more in in width and double the depth . The Escape sink is only 5 in deep . The facet would mount on the top on the Krowne . Current Escape sink is 15 in length. The Krowne is 18 in , that’s good . I would have to change out Escape plumbing using the bladder valve , forgot the name right now . Check to make sure the pans that are on a slide have room with deeper sink .
The sink Tom posted is 15x15 . 5 more in in width and it is 8 in in depth . The only problem with that is , we would have to make sure we are happy with facet mounted on Formica and get new facet that installs that way .
Still going to Home Depot and look . Can always change Formica top .
Need to find some patience here , just collected new parts for truck and need to get installed first then ..... Pat
Just a note: Escape uses a 1/2" FPT PEX fitting to connect to the faucet (may be different on earlier models). Depending on the faucet you choose, you may have to change the PEX fitting to a 3/8" male compression fitting. Easy to do if you have a PEX crimper - not so easy if not.

On one of the sinks I installed, I had to cut off the 1/2" FPT fitting and crimp a 3/8" male compression fitting. Owner wanted a shutoff valve at the sink so I used this for the hot / cold water connections.
Attached Thumbnails
chrome-apollo-shut-off-valves-apxva1238c-64_1000.jpg  
Old 08-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #73

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
This is the sink we got in our 5.0TA, comes in several colors. It's a bit bigger and definitely deeper than the standard sink. We had a double sink in our previous trailer and tried in vain to find one that would fit in the 5.0TA so we got this one - and we have been very happy with it, haven't missed the double sink.
Does ETI no longer offer a double sink? They had them in stock, in 2014.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #74

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Just a note: Escape uses a 1/2" FPT PEX fitting to connect to the faucet (may be different on earlier models). Depending on the faucet you choose, you have to change the PEX fitting to a 3/8" male compression fitting. Easy to do if you have a PEX crimper - not so easy if not.

On one of the sinks I installed, I had to cut off the 1/2" FPT fitting and crimp a 3/8" male compression fitting. Owner wanted a shutoff valve at the sink so I used this for the hot / cold water connections.
I got 4 of these while at the factory to install shut off to the exterior showers
Old 08-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #75

Quote:
Just a note: Escape uses a 1/2" FPT PEX fitting to connect to the faucet (may be different on earlier models). Depending on the faucet you choose, you may have to change the PEX fitting to a 3/8" male compression fitting. Easy to do if you have a PEX crimper - not so easy if not.

Thanks Tom will need to check the plumbing Escape used . Do not have a pet crimper. In the bath when I installed a shut off for toilet I cut the plex and installed shark bite to plex line , then stainless line to toilet . With the situation I had it was the only way to add the shut off . The water line was really short . It has been installed for years now . No problems . Would that be Ok ? Pat
Old 08-16-2019, 06:25 PM   #76

Quote:
I thought you might like it. Especially since the 19' has limited counter space. But boy, deeper than a stock bar sink.
Yes we do . Have the sink in cart at Amazon ready. Not real worried about counter . We can use table or the drawer behind putting little cutting board on it . Also stove top. Mainly use counter at door that is up permanently for drinking water container . The little space between sink and stove we usually put our little coffee pot if we have hookups . Pat
Old 08-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #77

Quote:
Thanks Tom will need to check the plumbing Escape used . Do not have a pet crimper. In the bath when I installed a shut off for toilet I cut the plex and installed shark bite to plex line , then stainless line to toilet . With the situation I had it was the only way to add the shut off . The water line was really short . It has been installed for years now . No problems . Would that be Ok ? Pat
Sharkbites are fine - I have a PEX crimper so I always prefer to do it that way.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #78

Quote:
Sharkbites are fine - I have a PEX crimper so I always prefer to do it that way.
Thanks Tom !Pat
Old 08-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #79

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
A bunch of new Escapes in the showroom.

I stopped by ETI today and looked at the new offerings.

I'm semi-neutral on the differences between older and new. The Home Jury of one was much more critical. Didn't like the lack of a back splash (looks unfinished), the range hood or the panel inserts in the doors. Wasn't really crazy about the Maple finish either. I did find the mis-match between the panels and solid stock to be as noticeable in person as it was in previous photos.

All in all, very nice. But not nice enough for me to ditch my Gen 1.

Ron
So Ron, what changed your mind and what interior did you pick?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #80

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
After seeing the maple interior at the showroom, we went with it over the oak. The maple made the 5.0TA look brighter & roomier. The oak seemed old & dated next to the maple. Before we saw the maple we were ready to order our trailer with the oak. The maple is a lot nicer when viewed in the showroom & the cupboard door inserts look great in person. That’s our preference and I realize opinions vary. Certainly some will prefer the oak as it also has a quality look to it.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote