This is what happens when...... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2022, 08:43 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
This is what happens when......

You spend way too much time on line and order things during the pandemic to eliminate person to person contact......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0118.jpg   IMG_0117.jpg  
Old 01-05-2022, 02:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I’ve been knocking my boxes down and taking them to the county recycling roll off. It’s on my way whenever I go west for groceries, locker plant meat or just out and about. Nobody around and easy access. Stopped there yesterday on my way to a hardware store.
Any excuse to get out and look around.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 E19
I've been saving boxes about that size. Am SLOWLY going through stuff I had in 5 storage trailers(buy used, load once, back up to house & unload & sell trailer). I hate the idea of paying for a Storage Unit! From Materials collected for new house, to furniture from my old house & a few good things I wanted from my parent's, in a 8' x 20' with a dehumidifier in it)). I've been "trying" to take one box a trip into town for Goodwill & the like, sell on cl list, etc. It's been slow going, but down to one trailer!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
MY RING!!!!!.jpg  
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:18 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Dog days are closing in. Feeling like it is absolutely getting to be time for a major Goodwill breakout...
Attached Thumbnails
DogEscape.jpg  
Old 02-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Dog days are closing in. Feeling like it is absolutely getting to be time for a major Goodwill breakout...

I'm bad, now that I need things for the E19, I'm back to bringing more BACK than taking to. Last find, a Bose radio CD player. Radio works CD player comes on......? Worth fixing $8.50. We have a Goodwill Outlet store here.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:33 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Just got back from a quick trip running down to Tucson for a week. Went right thru Bosque.

Everything South of Bosque has no water. The only flowing water we saw was the Rio Grande.

Went down to Arivaca, AZ for some hiking in their wetlands. They dried up with the aquifer not daylighting in the region at all anymore. The marque stated they had no explanation for the loss of habitat. So no birds. Sounds like a sad song.

The local campground owner went bankrupt twice since Covid hit.

Am I being negative?
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:05 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
I ordered what?

Hi: cpaharley2008... I just got a box of stuff I ordered on line from Quebec. Wish my French was better. I got 4 bags of organic pumpkin seeds and 7/ 454g bags of infused cranberries. 2 w/ apple juice and 5 with sugar/maple syrup. Now I really have to get cooking!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Just got back from a quick trip running down to Tucson for a week. Went right thru Bosque.

Everything South of Bosque has no water. The only flowing water we saw was the Rio Grande.

Went down to Arivaca, AZ for some hiking in their wetlands. They dried up with the aquifer not daylighting in the region at all anymore. The marque stated they had no explanation for the loss of habitat. So no birds. Sounds like a sad song.

The local campground owner went bankrupt twice since Covid hit.

Am I being negative?
No! You’re being negative at all. You’re just reporting the realism of climate change, the over use of water, and disturbance of the aquifers. We’ve been warned for years but not enough people are listening.

On our farm ground we have three artesian spots, one in a well casing. It’s been running over 100 years and keeps going as we are not taking deep water out of the ground. We have some acres in the federal wetlands reserve program. It heartens me to see wildlife of all kinds there. Animals are there because of the couple vernal ponds we put in years ago and the adjacent ground that we do not farm. We just enjoy it remaining in the state of how grandpa left it.
When you see a snapping turtle a half a mile from the nearest creek you know you’re doing something right. Consider the future for the young people.

For me, setting out in the woods, brushy fencerows and or tall grass prairie on a clear cool fall afternoon as the sun goes down is my own kind of religious experience.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-14-2022, 01:44 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I agree with you Dave. The second half of the hike, neither one of us wanted to talk, because we were so sad.

This is the worst drought in 1,200 years according to this article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/14/c...gadrought.html
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:57 PM   #10

When you come to Iowa I’ll show you some country you’ll enjoy seeing. You will not want to stop talking. Saw some bluebirds in the last few days. Though it’s cold, the young males think that if they get up in this country early they can homestead in leased housing. Rent is only a song. The old guys in about a month think otherwise.

Heard a barred owl looking for an encounter a few nights ago. No Craigslist for him, just “Who cooks for you? Who cooks for you all?
Iowa Dave
Old 02-14-2022, 02:11 PM   #11
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Something to contemplate with respect to climate change.
Having become a Boomer in 1950, I was curious what Canada's and the world's population was between then and now. Basically it has tripled.

Three times the people to feed, water, employ, warm, cool, transport on behalf of and so on. This to support population densities that have tripled since many members of this forum were born.

Mother Nature always wins in the end.
Politics and wishes won't do it...it'll be Mother Nature who'll remedy climate change.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:29 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ops View Post
Mother Nature always wins in the end.
Politics and wishes won't do it...it'll be Mother Nature who'll remedy climate change.
So, we do nothing?
Old 02-14-2022, 02:34 PM   #13

One thing that is sad for me to experience is the transformation of farmland into parking lots, storage warehouses, and housing developments while areas in my home town have closed factories, falling down and being unused. Demolition and the construction of new facilities often costs more money than acquiring a new site. Better access to highways and rail, lower taxes outside of cities, and the desire to install utilities to these new sites are revenue generators eventually is a bill is footed by current taxpayers, This is especially true when the new construction is incentivized by tax breaks for ten or twenty years. It’s pretty complex but the result is shift from food production to other uses. And even food production, read that corn and soy beans in our area, is converted to ethanol and bio-diesel, not food to feed a growing population. And don’t get me started on the resistance to solar energy electrical generation that’s replaced coal fired turbines in our area of the world. Even our system here at home as saved over 20,000 pounds of C02 emissions and the equivalent of planting over 150 trees in the past 14 months.
Something has to give eventually.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-14-2022, 05:43 PM   #14
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
So, we do nothing?
A reasonable question to begin a debate on the topic.
But I stand by my statement...Mother Nature always wins in the end. She's been around far longer than mankind and will continue well past our own existence.

At present, the pace may be slowing down in some quarters, but the question remains as to when will the line be crossed where massive loss of life will come about and cannot be stopped. Heat domes. Pandemics. Pollution. Intensified weather incidents. When all of these start to further pressure the 8 billion people circling the sun.

Like you and me, and most everyone on the planet, we have no idea how to change the direction when population densities exceed the capacity and ecological balance of the planet. And populations continue to grow even faster in parts of the world where trees have been torn down and burned to fuel third world growth.

Little successes here and there are fine in first world countries...even major ones like acid rain that has taken 50 years to reverse.

Realistically the pressure of climate change will stress countries that cannot support their own, which will pressure borders and leaders around the world.

An excellent book on the topic is Climate Wars authored by Gwynn Dyer. IMHO.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Yup.

The planet doesn't care what happens to us, which is why we have to care.
Old 02-14-2022, 06:06 PM   #16

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
That is one huge puppy!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Very interesting: This thread has delved into areas where opinions (some social, some political) may be debated, but based on the phraseology and adjectives used, I daresay that some people would be discouraged from expressing their opinions.
Moderators: what are the rules of this forum regarding this, and where are they posted?
Where would you like this conversation to stop?
Old 02-14-2022, 06:15 PM   #18

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
It's a train wreck.......in SLOW motion

Quote:
Yes it is a very excellent speculative book. Well worth a read.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:42 PM   #19

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Moderators? this is going sideways,quickly
Old 02-14-2022, 06:45 PM   #20

Rules are somewhere in the introduction ( which nobody reads ) and say to avoid religion and politics, which can be interpreted so that nobody can post anything.