Is the E23 Dinette Bed Large Enough to Sleep In? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2024, 07:43 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Is the E23 Dinette Bed Large Enough to Sleep In?

Over on the Escape Facebook page someone has posted a photo the E23 dinette made into a bed:

Looks like it would be impossible for anyone over 5 feet tall to sleep on it (assuming 6" for a pillow)! Can this be true?
Old 02-22-2024, 09:35 AM   #2

Trailer: 2024 21NE F2
Not everyone has fb.
Attached Thumbnails
e23_side_bed.jpg  
Don Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 10:15 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
Not everyone has fb.
True, thanks. The FB poster, Les Meade, says, "Escape 23 dinette in bed configuration. 60" (window to fridge) by 66". Quite a bit longer on bench seat side."

He adds in a comment:

Quote:
. . . I didn't measure the long cushion on left side of picture. It runs entire width of inside of trailer. It's at least 78, could be longer. It's 60 inches from rear window to refrigerator. 66 inches from rear side window to edge of the 2 cushions on right. Table still extends a couple inches as you can see in photo. We tried several configurations of cushions, but thought this was best. Not really sure as there are no instructions.
I don't know the width of the long (back) cushion, but doubt it's wide enough for an adult to sleep on.

Hard to imagine they planned the E23 (which is really 25' long and almost 8' wide) with less room in the dinette bed than all their other dinette-bed conversions.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:52 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Though I do not own a twenty three, I would say that I perfected being able to sleep on my side on a picnic table seat board when the opportunity arose in my 32 years in public parks and recreation ….ahem employment.

Our tables were plenty long for my 5’9” body and if I tipped inward slightly on the 10 inch wide seat board my shoulder and rear end bumped up against the table top. This was adequate for support and refreshing siesta. I was able to teach this technique to a number of Boy Scouts in case they ever became govamint employees.
Have a great day and enjoy the coming spring.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-22-2024, 01:41 PM   #5
LRL

Trailer: E23Q; previously: 2017 E21
I wonder if the table in the photo is the small or full sized table? I bet the full sized table would allow for one more cushion to be placed, and would make the whole thing considerably longer. I'll let you know in a week or so when we pick up our 23!
Arcata, CA
LRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 02:06 PM   #6
Site Team

According to the website: "Table style (large 5 corner standard, smaller optional round table)."

Doesn't mention two 5-corner sizes.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:46 PM   #7
LRL

Trailer: E23Q; previously: 2017 E21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
According to the website: "Table style (large 5 corner standard, smaller optional round table)."

Doesn't mention two 5-corner sizes.

Good point. Feel free to ignore my prior comment!
Arcata, CA
LRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
These are the measurements from the ETI site.

The drawing appears to show the long edge of the table extending several inches beyond the plane of the kitchen counter top while the photo suggests that the long edge of the table stops before breaking the plane of the counter front.

Wondering if the table in the photo is shorter than the 78” depicted in the drawing?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2286.jpeg  
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 08:16 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
These are the measurements from the ETI site.

The drawing appears to show the long edge of the table extending several inches beyond the plane of the kitchen counter top while the photo suggests that the long edge of the table stops before breaking the plane of the counter front.

Wondering if the table in the photo is shorter than the 78” depicted in the drawing?
If the drawing is right, then the back cushion of the dinette is 92.5" x 24", plenty long enough for sleeping (if too narrow for anyone but Iowa Dave); the table plus driver-side cushion is 24+54=78" long by 35" wide, which is certainly wide enough except for the portion chopped off by the passageway.

Total width would be 24+35=58", minus the chopped-off portion; just wide enough for a cozy two-person bed.

So yes, looks like the table in the photo is not the one specified in the ETI measurements diagram.

Perhaps our new resident ETI rep Kosta could explicate.