Warranty issue. Is it really 2 years? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #51

Trailer: 2015 17ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I would not expect a battery to be replaced if my trailer had sat for two years. Too many things could effect it. Too many variables.
WWHM: Trailer did not sit for 2 years. battery worked fine for 1st year (2016). But failed to hold charge in june 2017.

WWHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #52

I also received the full package. And read it front to back. I've even gone back. I can assure you that the only reference to warranty is what I found in the users manual.
And I have called ETI on several occasions and no one has yet said, " Whoops, you should have received this additional info." Or even tried to explain the warranty to me.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
The "bumper to bumper" reference can be found on page 4 of the current manual. I think ETI should delete it, particularly because the trailer only has one bumper.
Of course, I could argue that since there is (from a math point of view) nothing between 1 and 1, that there is in fact actually no warranty...LOL Sorry, just had to get that in.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #54

The Saga Ends

Just encase anyone wants to know the final outcome:
The battery issue was handed to Reece.
I have a new battery. No charge.
2 year warranty was indeed a bumper to bumper (I know, there's only one bumper. But it's in the spirit of the term).
I'm happy....
Old 08-26-2017, 04:35 PM   #55

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWHM View Post
Just encase anyone wants to know the final outcome:
The battery issue was handed to Reece.
I have a new battery. No charge.
2 year warranty was indeed a bumper to bumper (I know, there's only one bumper. But it's in the spirit of the term).
I'm happy....
Excellent resolution!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Before anyone goes ballistic from this post, I am not trying to pick on or criticize the OP for this.

I think this long thread illustrates that the best place to deal with any perceived problem with any ETI policies is with ETI. Reace and Tammy are very hands on owners and if you feel like you are not getting the outcome you want, asking to have contact directly with one of them usually resolves problems one way or another. ETI had grown to the point where new people are hired regularly and it is always possible that someone has given you misinformation or just plain made a mistake. (By and large you will get precisely correct info from all the employees, so I am not recommending that everything you can think of be referred to Reace or Tammy - they have too much to do as it is)

Folks here can help solve a problem you might be having with some system, or suggestions for mods or a myriad of other things. But, no one on this forum is qualified to explain ETI policies, no one can explain why ETI will or will not do a special request, those are the domain of and decisions of the owners of ETI.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:43 PM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Contact

Hi Eric
Right you are on your recommendation and on your assessment of the ETI operation. I was there a week ago last Monday and had solar installed on the 21. I did not speak to Reace or Tammy but can report that the folks in the office and the hard working Nigel, all had a good handle on everything and treated me very well. These people really care and that's pretty rare these days. When you find a business with this level of attention in Canada or in the USA patronize them and take satisfaction in knowing you've helped preserve the small business model our counties need and have too little of.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-26-2017, 06:05 PM   #58

Trailer: None
I an very glad to read that your problem was resolved fairly and to your satisfaction .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:16 AM   #59

Trailer: 17
Glad to hear WWHM, thanks for the update. We just need Brenda(blhvet) and Tisiphone's bent awning arms resolved some how and I think takes care of anyone left on the forum to gocamp

A word of caution on the new "self-dumping awning

A word of caution on the new "self-dumping awning

gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote