Bathroom Night Light Ideas? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2023, 08:26 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
We have been using a stick on light under the front lip of the bathroom sink for a couple of years. Works great. Plenty of light, and not in your eyes. I think its about 3/4" by 2". We use them in the overhead cabinets as well. They take one AA battery, and use a Command Strip so it can be easily removed.
SeldomSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 11:44 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
We just have a stick-on night light that you push to click on and off. Much softer light than the bright overhead. On the left side as you enter, it's easy to switch on.
Us too, much easier to turn on in the middle of the night.

Although my volt meter led display actually puts out enough light to act as a night light.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 12:17 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
I added a red led in series with a 750(?) ohm resistor, mounted inside the overhead light fixture and a permanent (un-switched) connection to the power.
It runs 24-7 but the drain is so low I consider it immaterial. Nice and dim in the daytime but just enough illumination at night.
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 12:51 PM   #24
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
We used high temp photo gel film to make red nightlights in the trailer, including in the bathroom: Mods I Haven't Seen Elsewhere
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...4&share_type=t
Plus 1 for this solution. It works well for us and although red, is still bright enough to see in the bathroom at night. With a bathroom window we don't need the light during the day.
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 01:23 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Got these from Amazon and they come in a three pack. Nice warm light. We have one at the bottom of the steps to the bed on the 5.0.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 01:45 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Us too, much easier to turn on in the middle of the night.

Although my volt meter led display actually puts out enough light to act as a night light.

Ron
My battery-volt meter over the bed puts out little green light that helps, and so does the red surge-protector display at the other end.
Old 10-22-2023, 02:20 PM   #27

Trailer: 2012 E19
At night I keep a 1-AAA flashlight (short twist of the head turns it on or off) on the counter adjacent to the bed. It only puts out 1.5 lumens on low and the diffuser spreads the light around so it doesn't make me feel too awake. It's easy to grab for a bathroom trip or anything else at night. The diffuser actually glows faintly in the dark for a few minutes after use.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1397.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	71281

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1399.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	71282

On high (two more twists) it'll put out 80 lumens, more than enough for just about anything inside a 19'.
Old 10-22-2023, 06:41 PM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
inside the trailer I prefer amber LEDs for light lighting... I found some little amber LEDs with 'wedge bases' that fit directly into the ceiling lights on hte Escape, so the one thats nearest the door thats on the switch next to the door frame, I replaced the white LED with a small amber on the 'single' side, and leave that switch in 'single'

something like this one in amber. 3.5 lumens, 10mA
https://www.superbrightleds.com/led-...se+color-Amber
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 08:42 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Lighting etc.

The previous owner of our Classic 21 #6 added three chandeliers one over the table, one over the drawer stack and one in the bathroom. Low amp draw, toggle switch on/off and adds class to an area a low life like me takes away. Life must have a balance. Second picture, Black Crappie caught on the upper Mississippi this afternoon. Beautiful day with ducks, Bald eagles and migrating songbirds. Count your blessings instead of sheep and you’ll fall asleep counting your blessings.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
EBD85915-9B3A-4CAB-B955-3B9F8C7D2525a.jpg   4C9302B8-6DD9-4965-8312-170005CFB753a.jpg  
Old 10-23-2023, 12:07 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post

The previous owner of our Classic 21 #6 added three chandeliers one over the table,

and adds class to an area a low life like me takes away.

Iowa Dave
Yup, Nancy had class.

Ron
Old 10-23-2023, 06:20 AM   #31

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
That is one very nice looking crappie!
Old 10-23-2023, 08:44 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Yup, Nancy had class.

Ron
Jack called a couple months ago. They were doing well. We were camped that night in Illinois and they seemed pleased we were out with one of our daughters and two grand kids, enjoying the 21. Two finer Americans I’ve never met..
Iowa Dave
Old 10-23-2023, 09:03 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
I added a red led in series with a 750(?) ohm resistor, mounted inside the overhead light fixture and a permanent (un-switched) connection to the power.
It runs 24-7 but the drain is so low I consider it immaterial. Nice and dim in the daytime but just enough illumination at night.
I did the same & it works great! In my case I purchased a bunch of pre wires 12 LEDs at Amazon. I keep finding uses for them so while far more expensive than a single LED & resistor, they are handy. 12V Prewired LEDs
Old 10-23-2023, 11:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Jack called a couple months ago. They were doing well. We were camped that night in Illinois and they seemed pleased we were out with one of our daughters and two grand kids, enjoying the 21. Two finer Americans I’ve never met..
Iowa Dave
Thanks for the update. We met up with them several times over the years. Never managed to get by their place in Tucson though.

I remember their first trip in your 21. We were next to them at Moab and the trailer being a new 21 was being looked at by folks. Nancy was big on interior decoration from the get go. She was probably first to hang a curtain closing off the bed area.

Ron
Old 10-23-2023, 04:24 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
Bathroom Nite Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
We use the same one. It's mounted under the sink. It's about the best "mod" ever!!! We LOVE it. No extra wiring needed. Batteries last forever. So simple, so convenient!
Gary
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 06:24 PM   #36

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
The previous owner of our Classic 21 #6 added three chandeliers one over the table, one over the drawer stack and one in the bathroom. Low amp draw, toggle switch on/off and adds class to an area a low life like me takes away. Life must have a balance. Second picture, Black Crappie caught on the upper Mississippi this afternoon. Beautiful day with ducks, Bald eagles and migrating songbirds. Count your blessings instead of sheep and you’ll fall asleep counting your blessings.
Iowa Dave
Your melodic use of the English language deserves to be in a novel.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 10:16 AM   #37

Thanks Willy I’m flattered. Here’s a memory. In high school English my senior year I had a teacher I did not especially care for. The previous year I’d had a teacher who was among the best I’d ever had.
So the senior year teacher had a bulletin board where she tacked up “Excellent writing” there was room for about 10 papers. I had three up at once. Then came the “Shakespearean craft project” I was not crafty, couldn’t see the value and chose not to turn in the assignment. I took an F. She had me stay after class and read me the riot act. I had a full 100 percent A gong in there and the craft project wasn’t weighted enough to bring me down below a B+ and I told her that. It was not pretty and she tried to put the arm on me to turn in a project. Bullheaded as I was I ended up in the counselors office. She asked me if I planned to go to college and where. I said I did and had been accepted at Iowa State University. She told me I had wasted 10 dollars on applying because I would never finish. I did finish. In the end, I out worked and out earned either of them and while I’m still composing, they are both decomposing. I learned from both of them not to underestimate yourself and to accept people for the way they are. So I learned something.Sometimes you gotta march to the best of your own drum.
Hope you had a good camping summer and look forward to many more.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-24-2023, 08:49 PM   #38

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgman51 View Post
We use the same one. It's mounted under the sink. It's about the best "mod" ever!!! We LOVE it. No extra wiring needed. Batteries last forever. So simple, so convenient!
Gary
This one is a bit smaller, with a rechargeable lithium battery. It works well.

https://www.amazon.com/AUVON-Recharg...st_sto_dp&th=1
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 02:01 AM   #39
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLP View Post
This one is a bit smaller, with a rechargeable lithium battery. It works well.

https://www.amazon.com/AUVON-Recharg...st_sto_dp&th=1
that doesn't look as waterproof as the Beam light. anything going in the bathroom is going to be splattered in shower water....
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 06:46 AM   #40

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
that doesn't look as waterproof as the Beam light. anything going in the bathroom is going to be splattered in shower water....
It has a magnet with which it attaches to a metal plate. The small, light plate is attached to a surface by 3M double-sided adhesive. It's very easy to remove and reattach the light. Or it could be placed on the ceiling or under the sink if there is a concern about water from the shower.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6607.jpeg  
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote