It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond! - Page 37 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #721

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
oooh I like the flooring Jim!
Yah, first pattern I've seen with duct tape incorporated in it....

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #722

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Bring ETI a handkerchief Jim! To clean the camera lens.
The under the counter storage figuration: standard? I really like the two drawers in the centre.
No kidding, eh?

That whole galley counter will be completely rebuilt. That is about as far as they are taking it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
oooh I like the flooring Jim!
Thanks, we are keen on getting to see the whole thing.

Talking to Tammy yesterday, they will be still set for me to pick up on the 27th. Oh, and the long term forecast is near perfect for this time of year, but we all know how that can change.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #723

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Maybe it's just my eyes, but it throws me that the first cuts for the big windows usually seem to be a bit off square, like the saw wandered around a bit on those long cuts (for example, see the top cut in Jim's big window, appears to be a dip near where the red tape is). I assume it's just a rough first cut and someone comes back and does a more precise cut later for fitting the window in, or there's enough follow-up framing or window frame overlap to cover it all up . Anyone else notice that? Or is it just my eyes getting crossed?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #724

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
Keep those 17B photos coming Chris and Pat! Mine won't be hatched until Sept of this year and I am always looking for ideas...!
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:22 AM   #725

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Maybe it's just my eyes, but it throws me that the first cuts for the big windows usually seem to be a bit off square, like the saw wandered around a bit on those long cuts (for example, see the top cut in Jim's big window, appears to be a dip near where the red tape is). I assume it's just a rough first cut and someone comes back and does a more precise cut later for fitting the window in, or there's enough follow-up framing or window frame overlap to cover it all up . Anyone else notice that? Or is it just my eyes getting crossed?
I Know what you mean. If you look at one of our photos in post 709, in one of the pictures it looks like the saw left a chunk of the mould and didn't quite get the outline right.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #726

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfsten View Post
Keep those 17B photos coming Chris and Pat! Mine won't be hatched until Sept of this year and I am always looking for ideas...!
We are the same, always looking for ideas. Patricia is really looking for storage ideas for the big cupboard by the door. She saw a really neat idea where someone had created a set of large sliding wire baskets, which will be better for clothes storage than shelves, as they can be pulled out. It will require some extra work but hopefully not too much. There are quite a few similar pictures in the forum, just needs a bit of research.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #727

Quote:
The windows are laid out and cut with templates early on. Maybe you are seeing a bit of the liner fabric not perfect, plus the lens distortion will angle straight lines.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #728

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
My guess is that, like in home construction, there is leeway in the rough opening (RO) size. In the case of the trailer any imperfections in the cut is hidden by the metal frame of the window. In a home, windows are shimmed to level, etc and the trim hides the space left.

Edit - Jim beat me to the punch and I'm sure he has more accurate information than mine.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #729

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That second picture is a prime example of what is behind the standard walls without reinforcement. One can see the studs along the edges and in the middle for hanging items. Seems like there i always a question about where things can be hung, be it a tv or what not shelves. I know you are anxious Jim, it has been a long time.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #730

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I know you are anxious Jim, it has been a long time.
Seeing I have know of the new concept at the rally in 2015, deciding to go for it with the thoughts it could likely be ready for me by early May last year, to delays with all the moulds (though understandably so), to the point the new 5.0TA got put into production, with now one day less than two weeks until pickup..... you might say I am just a bit eager to get it, and get at things I need to do.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #731

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
That second picture is a prime example of what is behind the standard walls without reinforcement. One can see the studs along the edges and in the middle for hanging items. Seems like there i always a question about where things can be hung, be it a tv or what not shelves. I know you are anxious Jim, it has been a long time.
Jim I wouldn't assume everyone has the same framing inside walls . We have a 2013 and there is no center framing in our cabinet walls . I am currently working on a mods inside our cabinets for better storage . Before someone starts hanging items they need to make sure they have support in the walls where they want to attach items . Ours is just the thin ply in center . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #732

Mine are similar to the picture so I thought others would be. Which wall are you missing middle support?
Old 01-14-2017, 01:03 PM   #733

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

That whole galley counter will be completely rebuilt. That is about as far as they are taking it.

So Jim, You will install the stripper pole as well, after arriving home?

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
So Jim, You will install the stripper pole as well, after arriving home?
For sure, signing my wife up for lessons right away.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #735

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Mine are similar to the picture so I thought others would be. Which wall are you missing middle support?
is it safe to assume that all the bottoms of the upper ceiling cabinets is a solid piece of plywood and the front faces (not the doors) are thin veneer with stick framing?
Trying to decide if optional outlets should be on the under side of the ceiling cabinets or the face by the ends of the cabinet doors....
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:30 PM   #736

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
is it safe to assume that all the bottoms of the upper ceiling cabinets is a solid piece of plywood and the front faces (not the doors) are thin veneer with stick framing?
Trying to decide if optional outlets should be on the under side of the ceiling cabinets or the face by the ends of the cabinet doors....
The bottoms of the cabinets are built like the walls, 2 sheets of ply with 3/4 framing between. It is where the run cables.

You could still do an outlet there, but part of the box would take up space in the cabinet.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #737
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Unless something has changed, and it could, I asked for ETI to put the outlets on the bottom of the loft cabinets instead of the face. That was a "No."
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #738

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Jim remember I had refrigerator pulled before . Right now I am working under kitchen cabinet on bottom . Took it apart and am making more storage for paper towels , toilet paper , etc.Can goods will still go in front on bottom as before . I moved the detector to that side ,for storage cabinet I made under furnace .I got complete access to my wires under there . Needed to connect detector back. I noticed in Jim's pictures a lot more framing including verticals . May be for new trailers or just a improvement because so many including me , wanting more structure to hang items . Just mentioning so others will check before they start just hanging items . I know about the tape . I just prefer to attach with screws . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #739

Definitely check to confirm backing. It is not too difficult to add beside the fridge if you needed by temporarily pulling the fridge. I added magazine racks in my 19 beside the fridge and bath with a little care.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #740

I was referring to the wall construction, not elsewhere.