Standard waste hose - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2022, 05:44 AM   #41

Trailer: 2022 21NE
ETI supplied hose works fine for me, but I don't have black tank, only grey. If I had a black tank I think the lack of the sewer-side fitting would be a dealbreaker.
Crazypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:14 AM   #42

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.stang View Post
what do you think of the clear elbow for the rhino flex?
The RhinoFLEX hose I purchased came with the clear elbow attached. I like it because you can see when the tanks are done draining.

Camco RhinoFLEX 15ft RV Sewer Hose Kit, Includes Swivel Fitting and Translucent Elbow with 4-In-1 Dump Station Fitting, Storage Caps Included,

Another nice thing about this model is the hose with elbow attached fits in the stock sewer hose tube. Then the end piece slides in too. So I don't have to get into the storage box at the dump station.

I don't think that would be the case with the 20 ft (two x 10 ft hose) version option also on the Amazon link above.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:54 AM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypill View Post
ETI supplied hose works fine for me, but I don't have black tank, only grey. If I had a black tank I think the lack of the sewer-side fitting would be a dealbreaker.
You mean you do not have a bathroom in your Escape?
Old 04-16-2022, 09:09 AM   #44

Trailer: 2022 escape 17B
What is the foam gizmo that goes into the sewer receptacle something different than on the rhino flex? I kinda like the sight glass, lets one see where they have been.
mr.stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 09:49 AM   #45

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Rhino flex often come with the clear elbow, and sometimes no longer include replaceable end fittings. I don’t really like a clear elbow, but it’s not a big deal. It’s just a plastic waste tube. The only real difference to me is that as you go up in price you get a somewhat more durable tube. I’ve used all kinds. They all seem to work at least for awhile. If they leak, I find a Walmart on the road and take whatever I can until it starts leaking.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:39 AM   #46
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
What is the foam gizmo that goes into the sewer receptacle something different than on the rhino flex? I kinda like the sight glass, lets one see where they have been.
I believe this is the foam Sewer Hose Seal that they are referring to: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39312-S...003GC74MG?th=1

Had no idea this gadget was a requirement in some places. Kinda makes sense in places like Fair Grounds or high end RV parks where they want to keep the 'Honey Bucket' fragrances to a minimum. Interesting. May need to order one of these in case we accidentally find ourselves in a place like this and run into that guy with a clipboard after we set up. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 11:45 AM   #47
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
this device looks handy...
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Adapter.../dp/B073CVG4GV

many times the threads have been so munged up, that I've not been able to screw the collar into the sewer pipe end at the dump station, even assuming it had suitable threads at one time.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 11:54 AM   #48

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Just bring the hose out to dump and put it away. Out of sight, out of mind.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:01 PM   #49
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
this device looks handy...
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Adapter.../dp/B073CVG4GV

many times the threads have been so munged up, that I've not been able to screw the collar into the sewer pipe end at the dump station, even assuming it had suitable threads at one time.
Yup...guess I'll add that to the list, too. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:20 PM   #50

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
I like the clear elbow, I can see and be sure the grey water gets the drain hose clean from the black (brown) tank being drained first. If it is not clear I can run some more clear water through the hose.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:28 PM   #51

Trailer: 2015 E19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
Just making sure I understand this. If the power cord that came with your Escape goes bad or gets stolen they won’t let you hook up to power with a replacement you can buy at Wally World lol or camping world
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
how do they know whats the factory supplied power cord??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I'll take a really wild guess and say it probably means that they don't want rinky dinky extension cords. I'm guessing that any commercial 30 amp RV cord would be acceptable.
OK - guilty on 2 counts of posting fake news. Geez...

On further investigation, it was found that (1) it was actually the Dechutes County Expo Center Campground in Redmond, not Bend, and (2) I misquoted myself (huh?) regarding the stipulation pertaining to power cords which actually reads "approved", not "supplied", by the RV/trailer manufacturer, so if you get a replacement cord at Wally World or wherever, before using it you better get approval from Reace or Karl.

We don't have A/C, so typically just use a 20 amp extension cord instead of wrasslin' with the original 30 amp cord. The checker guy didn't seem to notice. Please don't rat us out.

Just keepin' it honest...
Old 04-16-2022, 04:57 PM   #52

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:

This is getting pretty technical but in certain elite circles I have heard these referred to as a "donut".
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 12:48 AM   #53

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You mean you do not have a bathroom in your Escape?
Composting toilet.
Crazypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 06:26 AM   #54

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
The stock sewer hose supplied by ETI may work for awhile but it is not made as well as other options. Bear in mind that it only engages on two of the outlet collar nubs where the better ones use all four. This won’t matter until you break one. The hose material is also thicker and stronger on the higher quality models. I think it really depends on how much you use your hose. Some owners are regularly hooked up in full service campgrounds and some just occasionally pull it out to use a dump station.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post363855
Old 04-20-2022, 01:44 PM   #55

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0 TA
We were on our pickup camping shakedown a few miles from The Lewisville pick up facility. We had a great time really enjoyed our new 5.0 until we were breaking camp and found we had a couple of missing items. Unfortunately one was the sewer hose. We made the trip to Walmart and purchased a sewage hose kit then back to camp and on our way delayed about an hour. Unfortunately that Hour played with my timeline and put me in Houston at Rush hour. I contacted Escape and informed them about the Sewer and exterior shower hos missing they said they would send them right away. I suggested that if they sent the shower hose through amazon and some other cheap accessory like a flexible shower spout or a filter through Amazon maybe they could save shipping From BC to Texas. Dustin said it was not possible and also that the Sewer hose is a gift and is usually just used one time. So I guess each of your appraisals about the sewer hose is accurate. I am still super excited about the trailer and I will be buying my own filter and Flex spout today Best to each of you and hope to see some of you during our next escape from home.
xring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:37 PM   #56

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xring View Post
We were on our pickup camping shakedown a few miles from The Lewisville pick up facility. We had a great time really enjoyed our new 5.0 until we were breaking camp and found we had a couple of missing items. Unfortunately one was the sewer hose. We made the trip to Walmart and purchased a sewage hose kit then back to camp and on our way delayed about an hour. Unfortunately that Hour played with my timeline and put me in Houston at Rush hour. I contacted Escape and informed them about the Sewer and exterior shower hos missing they said they would send them right away. I suggested that if they sent the shower hose through amazon and some other cheap accessory like a flexible shower spout or a filter through Amazon maybe they could save shipping From BC to Texas. Dustin said it was not possible and also that the Sewer hose is a gift and is usually just used one time. So I guess each of your appraisals about the sewer hose is accurate. I am still super excited about the trailer and I will be buying my own filter and Flex spout today Best to each of you and hope to see some of you during our next escape from home.
Some of the things I thought were 'missing' turned up later. The sewer hose for my E19 was under the bed and had hid itself in a corner during delivery.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 05:47 AM   #57

Trailer: 21 foot 5.0 fifth wheel 2017
We have used ours for 5 years now with no problem…..its a waste hose lol does not require aesthetically pleasing appearance
Michael.Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:01 AM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
My original slinky disappeared so I replaced it with the Rhino hose. I used to judge when the hose had finished draining by listening to the flow, but I'm getting to where I can't hear it. So a couple of years ago I bought the clear elbow for it. I like it.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:10 PM   #59

Trailer: Escape 17B 2021
ETI hose is ok and can survive years, just need to be very careful with it
dosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:31 PM   #60

Trailer: Escape 17B / 2021Toyota 4Runner
Newbie mistake: On our way back from Sumas I made my first trip to a dump station. Everything was going fine until the crappy hose that ET supplies disappeared down the dump hole. Fortunately one end was still attached to the trailer so I didn't lose it, but it sure was gross pulling it back out. I'm sure the folks behind me in line got a good laugh out of watching me with my shiny new trailer. That was the last time I used that hose. I got the Rhino hose with the clear elbow (see post #42) and a step down adapter. It fits in the storage tube and works far better than the stock hose. No more disappearing hose. As others have stated, the clear section makes it easy to see how things are flowing.
IanC is offline   Reply With Quote