Standard waste hose - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #61

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
On my way back from Sumas, at the NOG event, we pulled up to the dump station and discovered that ETI didn’t put a hose in the storage tube!

We still have ‘stuff’ in the black tank. But thanks to this thread, and a lack of response from ETI on the items we are missing, I went ahead and ordered the 15’ Rino hose with a clear elbow so I can watch it empty.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:34 PM   #62

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Nothing unusual about the end of the hose going into the dump pipe as you describe. That's why there is a non-potable water hose there to rinse off the slinky. Glad you enjoy watching the sewage flow by.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:50 PM   #63
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
well, my hoses have always had the orange multisize sewer adapter, and I've never found a dump yet that would fall down.

oh, I got me one of these adapters that goes /over/ that orange adapter and is supposed to be a press fit in crusty sewer downpipes...

so far, 0 for 2, both dumps I used last week were too small for it, the orange thing barely fit. both dumps were quite clean, but one of them didn't even have a proper cap, it had someone's plastic hose end cap sitting loosely over the top of the sewer, and a rock to keep that from blowing away. the other had a metal lid but it wouldn't lift high enough to get my elbow in properly.

I'll save this rubber adapter for those drains I've seen before that were oversize.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:00 PM   #64

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
On my way back from Sumas, at the NOG event, we pulled up to the dump station and discovered that ETI didn’t put a hose in the storage tube!

We still have ‘stuff’ in the black tank. But thanks to this thread, and a lack of response from ETI on the items we are missing, I went ahead and ordered the 15’ Rino hose with a clear elbow so I can watch it empty.
Melissa was quite clear with us what would and wouldn't be included. Of course by the time we picked up the trailer I had forgot it wasn't coming with a sewer hose. Did your sales person tell you it would be included? And as for them replying to email they will get to them once a day. At least that's been my experience with the emails I've sent since receiving trailer.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:56 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS78 View Post
Melissa was quite clear with us what would and wouldn't be included. Of course by the time we picked up the trailer I had forgot it wasn't coming with a sewer hose. Did your sales person tell you it would be included? And as for them replying to email they will get to them once a day. At least that's been my experience with the emails I've sent since receiving trailer.
We haven’t had that experience. Our build sheet had several items on it that weren’t on the contract, I have no idea why we don’t have a sewage tube, I thought they were included. And, we had requested a sewage hose kit, and backup camera — a couple of the notable items that were on the build sheet, but not on the trailer.

Are they not including sewer hoses now? The web site still lists ‘standard sewage hose’, but clearly there seems to be a breakdown in the process that converts the build sheet to the contract.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:31 AM   #66

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
Have you checked the inside storage compartments on your trailer? I don't think ETI usually puts anything in the storage tube of a new trailer.

We found our sewer hose along with the outdoor shower hose and rear view camera in the compartment under the bottom stair step of our 5.0ta.
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:42 AM   #67

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I purchased a Rhinoflex hose shortly after getting my Escape and kept the factory supplied hose in the storage box as a spare. One trip I neglected to latch the door on the storage bin for the Rhinoflex hose after dumping the tanks and the hose was missing when I arrived at my destination. Must have fallen out along the way. The Escape hose came in handy as a spare until I could get another Rhinoflex hose.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:02 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepaweb View Post
Have you checked the inside storage compartments on your trailer? I don't think ETI usually puts anything in the storage tube of a new trailer.

We found our sewer hose along with the outdoor shower hose and rear view camera in the compartment under the bottom stair step of our 5.0ta.
Yes, we checked the storage compartments under the stairs. We did find the tv mount in a plain white box, and our outdoor shower hose and water hookup hose. But no backup camera, no sewer hose, and the counter extension is mounted on the bathroom wall, not at the end of the counter.