Padawan’s Journey - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2021, 10:35 AM   #41

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
My long term spot is noisy by a busy Highway, but I’m sure I’ll tune it out soon.
Glad that there is at least some good news. You need to keep yourself well rested and healthy to be able to help your family. Consider a pair of earplugs so that you can sleep soundly and not be disturbed by the road noise.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:43 PM   #42

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Mom ended up coming home for outpatient rehab, but she is not doing well today. Will see doc tomorrow. No update yet on my nephew.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:57 PM   #43

Nothing really new. Nephew still in Dallas hospital, hoping medicine change and rehab both start soon and help mom.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:59 PM   #44

Mom is home. Still waiting on rehab and medication adjustments. She is still not eating or drinking as she should. Nephew still in Dallas and no significant change either up or down. Dad has his pacemaker surgery Thursday. I’m currently working on replacing some sub flooring in the trailer (Forest River destination trailer) my parents live in.
brroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 11:53 PM   #45

Nephew in Dallas still struggling, but is off the ventilator which is a big step. Mom’s kidney’s at 15% function, and as bad as that is, it’s an improvement, and above the dialysis level. Dad is very weak after surgery and his blood pressure is very high, but hopefully things come around the next few days.
Old 12-10-2021, 11:56 PM   #46

Also started planning the next trip to MO, AR, TN, NC, VA, KY, and IL. Leaving in March.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:53 AM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You may want to consider hereditary medical implications and take any available precautions available...stay well!
Old 12-11-2021, 05:38 PM   #48

Russell, nephew, was moved from ICU to PCU, so that is good news. Dad is starting to fill better. Mom is the same. Continuing to plan the next trip and trying to get the William & Mary baseball schedule so we can go watch a nephew pitch while in Williamsburg. Uncle with congestive heart failure fell and is back in hospital. They fix his hip, he falls, and they fix it again. Lots of stuff, but all slowly getting better. Barb flys back on the 20th.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:58 PM   #49

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
As they say, every drop counts.

To all of yours,,,, Be Well!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM   #50

Nephew moved to Tyler which is only about 50 miles from home now. More progress.
Old 12-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #51

Barb will be back Monday. Mom is finally getting a little strength and weight back. It’s not much, but better is better.

The pacemaker really seems to be helping dad. He even cut his Parkinson’s meds back a little.

The nephew is starting to make real progress, and they may reverse his tracheotomy if this continues. They also removed his wound vac. They hope soon he can stand and then start to walk again.

Uncle Tommy is not well. We’ll have to see on that one.

We will resume the trip and go home fairly directly right after Christmas.

The planning for the next trip, March / April, is going well.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #52

Taking dad to Tyler to today to see Russell. Mom is not able to make the 280 mile trip.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #53

This may be the end of the first journey. I’ll start #2 when the time comes. Planing for March. In the meantime there are mods I want to continue with the trailer as I have time.

The trailer has worked just as it should. Everything works. Our mods have worked well. I do not yet know about the fridge in hot weather since 83F is as warm as it has been.

For those who worry about small trucks, I am under Ford’s specs in every area, and it has worked just as expected. I do not have a “light” 19 nor do I try to pack light. We were 4628lbs, (full fresh water, empty gray & black) 560lbs tongue, and 1576lbs payload with GCVWR of a little under 11,000lbs when we pulled out. I got what I wanted and did not care about the weight because I sized the truck for my needs ahead of time. I wanted at least a 7000lbs tow rating, 1800lbs payload, 12,000lbs GCVWR and then shopped for the lowest cost option to meet that. A Ford Ranger was my least expensive option. In the Ozarks and Ouchitas it worked very well. No big mountains yet, but it wasn’t challenged at all on this trip, so I don’t expect problems. 4000RPM on some longish steeper downhills and the tranny temp hit 201F briefly on an 85F day with 20 minutes of the longest, steepest downhill. It did not stay at 201 for the whole descent, and typically trans temps were 192-195F. So it did what I expected. Some things we did not use this trip, but I brought them to load up heavyvto see how it would all work. Mileage was 12 1/2 mpg once. Mostly 14 1/2 to 15 1/2 mpg. Typically it stayed 15.

We will head home after Christmas and go in 1 or 2 nights. We will save the backend of this trip plan for a future time.

He’s the latest medical update:

Got to see nephew yesterday. He can sit up with help. He cannot walk yet. He can speak clearly and eat regular food. Still has weeks of recovery to go, but is improving.

Uncle: No good news. He is in bed and drugged out for whatever is the rest of his life. Not sure what his wife will choose at this point.

Mom and Dad:

Mom is about the same. She is not really making decisions to make it better. In her mind she is trying, but it’s too little, too late at this point. She will have to work harder than she is currently willing to do to get any better.

Dad is doing better than he has in a couple of years. It’s not great, but compared to where he was it’s fantastic and he has some quality of life back. This has helped him think and feel better, but he is downright scared over mom’s behavior.

Barb got back Monday. We plan on taking tonight away from the folks so we can catch up.

Now, for Christmas! I hope each of you has a wonderful Christmas and safe travels no matter where you chose to escape.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:22 PM   #54

Trailer: 2021
Thx BR, same to you and yours. Leaving for Texas gulf after new year. Never been but looking forward to it.
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 08:17 PM   #55

Final note. My uncle died today. It’s sad, but his suffering is over. Unfortunately, the funeral will not be for awhile, so we will start home Tuesday.