Pick up new Escape in April? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2020, 05:23 AM   #61

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
I wonder if ETI would consider sending a technician as the Sumas delivery driver, who could then do the routine small installs, eg umbra hooks, pedestal bases, grab handles, TV mounts at the Sumas pickup?
Very Unlikely
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:49 AM   #62

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
I wonder if ETI would consider sending a technician as the Sumas delivery driver, who could then do the routine small installs, eg umbra hooks, pedestal bases, grab handles, TV mounts at the Sumas pickup?
Me thinks that maybe pushing the envelope.....
Old 03-21-2020, 05:50 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
Acc to the e-mail I just got from Dustin at ETI, there will be no more crossing the border for orientations for a undetermined future. Deliveries will be at Sumas. OTOH this frees us from the problem of what to do with stuff, tools and things which cannot go to Canada..fwiw.
Can not vs will not? I was not aware of tools not being allowed?
Old 03-21-2020, 06:13 AM   #64

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Can not vs will not? I was not aware of tools not being allowed?

The kind that go “bang”?
Old 03-21-2020, 08:00 AM   #65

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Very Unlikely
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Me thinks that maybe pushing the envelope.....
Businesses are being forced to get creative under the current circumstances. Maybe ETI sends someone across the border to get these items from the owner and takes them back to ETI for install before bringing the trailer across. Maybe they send someone with the driver that can install them. Or maybe they just stop install of all aftermarket items for US buyers and it is up to the owner to have it done elsewhere. I have said that a place like Little House Customs but for Escapes just over the border in the US would be quite a business opportunity. It would be the first stop for many buyers.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:40 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Businesses are being forced to get creative under the current circumstances. Maybe ETI sends someone across the border to get these items from the owner and takes them back to ETI for install before bringing the trailer across. Maybe they send someone with the driver that can install them. Or maybe they just stop install of all aftermarket items for US buyers and it is up to the owner to have it done elsewhere. I have said that a place like Little House Customs but for Escapes just over the border in the US would be quite a business opportunity. It would be the first stop for many buyers.
So Escape would charge an hourly rate for installation off site?. But in the past, if you shipped items or brought them to the factory they would install for -0-? I do not know, always did my own...
Old 03-21-2020, 11:02 AM   #67

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Best thing to do is call Escape Monday morning and ask them if this is possible and if there is a additional charge .
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #68

Trailer: 2020 E19
I can tell you that as of 3/20/3020, yesterday afternoon, that single driver delivery possibilities across the Canadian border are iffy. That was the issue that caused our delay yesterday. Canada has far fewer cases of coronavirus than Washington does. The delivery people risk being quarantined when returning across the border. We are driving back to Oregon this morning, but based on travel restrictions being implemented and some states in lockdown, it’s a rapidly shifting scenario.
TV Audi Q7 TDI
kdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:39 PM   #69

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdelaney View Post
I can tell you that as of 3/20/3020, yesterday afternoon, that single driver delivery possibilities across the Canadian border are iffy. That was the issue that caused our delay yesterday. Canada has far fewer cases of coronavirus than Washington does. The delivery people risk being quarantined when returning across the border. We are driving back to Oregon this morning, but based on travel restrictions being implemented and some states in lockdown, it’s a rapidly shifting scenario.

I’m sure everyone appreciates hearing about your experience. It seems like it’s a changing scenario, and we’ll all need to keep up with the news and ETI.
Let us know when you get home!
Congratulations on your new Escape!!!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:22 PM   #70

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
So we are all telling the same tale of woe. Maybe we can’t pick up trailer or can’t get to Trademaster to have hitch installed or rally maybe cancelled. Yep, the situation sucks. This eventually will pass. We should all be thankful we are well ... I hope. My trailer too sits there. We will all get our new trailers soon. Just sorry I sold my E19 in about 30 seconds after mentioning to somebody in would be avail in a few months. Left no fall travel for us last year.

My concern is for ETI and their employees. They need to be safe and if doing so keeps me from getting my new unit then so be it!

That being said they need to do a better job of keeping us informed. What are their plans? Keeping production going? Closing down? Stopping delivery out of country. While they continue to store my camper and for how long? Will any services be avail in Sumas if they continue delivery? Will they assist with Andersen hookup?

This is moving so fast that decisions may change daily. Please just let us know when they do.
2019 Tundra Crew Max TV
ritacasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #71

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Rita,
Suggest you send your post to ETI to ensure a response.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:54 PM   #72

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Rita,
Suggest you send your post to ETI to ensure a response.
Already have. They have some tough decisions to make.
2019 Tundra Crew Max TV
ritacasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #73

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Still wondering what some of you are doing, those with pick up dates scheduled for the next couple of weeks?

Daniel 108, are you still going tomorrow to pick up your new Escape?
Glens, what about you this week?
Tukwilma, and LFlory?

For anyone who picked up their trailer this past week, was it difficult getting home? Things like obtaining fuel, food, places to stay?

Karl posted an Escape update about two hours ago. It seems that ETI is still going to deliver across the border. But he didn’t address the risk of their drivers/employees having to quarantine after doing so.
So I am assuming they’ve worked that out.
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:15 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Still wondering what some of you are doing, those with pick up dates scheduled for the next couple of weeks?

Tukwilma, and LFlory?

For anyone who picked up their trailer this past week, was it difficult getting home? Things like obtaining fuel, food, places to stay?

Karl posted an Escape update about two hours ago. It seems that ETI is still going to deliver across the border. But he didn’t address the risk of their drivers/employees having to quarantine after doing so.
We packed all our food and water for both directions and an overnight stay on pick up day. We had no trouble getting fuel and had no contact with others while filling up, because one can pump there own gas in Washington, unlike Oregon. We stayed at the KOA in Mt. Vernon overnight and had no trouble booking. It wasn’t crowded so there was good social distance. There was virtually no traffic on I 5 or I 405, which was weird. Overall, we interacted with about 4 people the entire drive, by design, but which was weird in and of itself.

It was a quick trip. I would suggest that you check your build sheet carefully because there is a lot of confusion and things are changing by the minute. I am just getting ready to email Karl because in addition to failing to install our table, which is apparently typically done at orientation, our spray foam insulation was not added under the trailer. I’ll be anxious to see how this will be resolved.
TV Audi Q7 TDI
Old 03-22-2020, 09:27 PM   #75

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
We are picking up our 19 tomorrow about 9:30 in Sumas at Bobs burgers. We are staying Bellingham tonight and camping at Lighthouse on the bay tomorrow night. No umbra hooks, anti sway bar connector or installation of TV mounting. No post construction installation services at all. Hopefully everything works and we have a pleasant trip home.
Glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:45 PM   #76

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
If nothing else, you'll probably discover you don't need the anti-sway bar.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:52 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
If nothing else, you'll probably discover you don't need the anti-sway bar.
That’s what we found out!
TV Audi Q7 TDI
Old 03-24-2020, 12:10 AM   #78

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
Sigh. We don't know. Our trailer's not done yet, but scheduled to be complete 3/31. We're still scheduled for mid-April, but can be flexible. Since we can do the round trip in one day if we need to, we're open for a mid-week pickup now. BUT... Washington got the official Stay-at-Home order (starting Wednesday, for at least 2 weeks), for all non-essential activities. As much as I want my new toy, I'd rather stay home and safe, and help keep everyone else safe. It's frustrating and the overall situation is worrisome.

I feel for you, Artlady, with your several days of travel. You have a lot more planning to do.
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:05 AM   #79

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post

Tukwilma, and LFlory?

We have decided to have ours delivered since I’m in the high risk category my wife and kids have put their foot down. Still trying to get a quote on delivery so I can send them a check. Ours should be done the March 30th.🤞
LFlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:03 AM   #80

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Have they started doing "shelter in place" in CA like some states are in the US? One would think that would stop all pickups and deliveries if they enact it in BC.