Your ideas on good delivery area mid-USA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Your ideas on good delivery area mid-USA

Hello again!

Now thinking of splitting the difference between going all the way to Chilliwack from Georgia. Instead, maybe taking delivery in the rate zone of $599 to $1299 or a little more or less.

https://escapetrailer.com/usa-delivery-special/

This is the best map they can give me... and I can only get a quote for 1 area at a time.

Soooo... thinking July or August. I would love to get somewhere cooler than Georgia near those price points. (Don't want to go all the way because of potential closures and we will be hotels one way... yuck. Plus this does save us some money we could apply to our travel memories!)

Had thought about Denver area... if we get there early or as we learn our trailer... would be some fun areas to explore.

What would be your thoughts?
Got a place you love to go?

I love the Jackson Hole area but we could head that way when we get delivery after we are comfortable with the RV or save it for another time.

Thanks for offering any thoughts.
Want2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hollybee, a forum member from Tennessee is taking delivery at a dealer in Lake Havasau, Az which maybe cheaper. This dealer was thought to be an Escape affiliated location when they purchased a special E17 with special graphics.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Hollybee, a forum member from Tennessee is taking delivery at a dealer in Lake Havasau, Az which maybe cheaper. This dealer was thought to be an Escape affiliated location when they purchased a special E17 with special graphics.
Thanks for the idea... but think it might be hot July & August... about 2000 miles. For that distance want to head to the hills.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
How about Rapid City, SD? Lots of things to see and probably closer to $599 than $1299. Custer State Park, Black Hills, Badlands.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:34 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C- Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 2011
Idaho Falls, Idaho- right next to an interstate. Lots of RV dealerships if you have any problems and not far from Jackson Hole/ Grand Teton and surrounding national forest( 90 miles).
WyoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:43 PM   #6

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2Go View Post
Soooo... thinking July or August.
Had thought about Denver area... if we get there early or as we learn our trailer... would be some fun areas to explore.
We live about an hour north of Denver off I-25. Depending on your delivery time I would be glad to meet you and/or the delivery truck.
We have camping plans for early July and again towards to middle to end of August, but other than that, I'm pretty much free.

Send me a PM as your plans come together and perhaps we can work something out.

There are several other Escape owners in the Denver area who likely would help you out.
Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That is a great idea EdColorado, particularly if Want2Go is not an experienced Escape camper. A couple came up to my house in Pennsylvania who had never towed before. We hooked up and went to a local CG for the weekend where I could show them how to operate items on the Escape.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
We live about an hour north of Denver off I-25. Depending on your delivery time I would be glad to meet you and/or the delivery truck.
We have camping plans for early July and again towards to middle to end of August, but other than that, I'm pretty much free.

Send me a PM as your plans come together and perhaps we can work something out.

There are several other Escape owners in the Denver area who likely would help you out.
Ed
That is sooooo generous of you and kind!!! Thank you for the offer! We might very well take you up on it! I will definitely PM you when we get things narrowed down. I've asked for Denver quote, but haven't received it yet.

Thank you sooooo much. That makes my day and takes away some fears!
Old 05-19-2020, 06:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
How about Rapid City, SD? Lots of things to see and probably closer to $599 than $1299. Custer State Park, Black Hills, Badlands.
I will give that some thought! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoTom View Post
Idaho Falls, Idaho- right next to an interstate. Lots of RV dealerships if you have any problems and not far from Jackson Hole/ Grand Teton and surrounding national forest( 90 miles).
Sounds wonderful... I'll check it out! Thanks!
Old 05-19-2020, 08:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2Go View Post
That is sooooo generous of you and kind!!! Thank you for the offer! We might very well take you up on it! I will definitely PM you when we get things narrowed down. I've asked for Denver quote, but haven't received it yet.

Thank you sooooo much. That makes my day and takes away some fears!
We’re all anxious to get our Escape but something to ponder over.

July and August will be packed with campers in all of the mountain states. Getting a decent campsite can be challenging, especially on weekends. The mountains are starting to open and we are all chomping at the bit to go; especially this year.

If you wait until September, school, hopefully at least, will be in session, And temperatures in UT. NM and AZ become comfortable for camping thereby greatly expanding your travel options.

Enjoy your trip planning. We always do.

Ed
Old 05-20-2020, 06:32 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Call Randy at Lead Dog in AZ

WE FINALLY arranged our delivery date..6/8 at [B]Lead Dog Motorsports/RV in Lake Havasu City, AZ . Worked w Melisa at ETI and Randy Clary at LDMS..both were very accommodating and Randy will receive the trailer and hold onto it for us a few days, if we have trouble getting out there on time, what w all the Beer Flu closings. Heckuvva lot closer than Sumas and we can now avoid the still closed states of OR, WA and CA..which does not bother us at all. Melisa got us nice acceptable quote for the shipping too..talk it over w her bks... I believe ETI is really getting alot of inventory shipped out now.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:00 PM   #12

Talking Delivery to AZ

we went on and made all our AirBnB reservations for the trip 'out there' and many of our stops on the way home.,figuring the NPs will opening up right after we go by them, as is our usual luck. Ended up having to stop at one Walmart parking lot in Russleville AR..the AR CGs are either NOT open yet or only taking reservations for TWO nights minimum..or too 'sketchy looking' for Holy to plan to stay at. dang 2 nite minimums are worthless for us folks driving thru. We did luck out and get a 3 day stay at McDowell Mtn CG near Scottsdale.. This old Suthrin Good Ole Boy ain't used to camping in sand and rocks tho..I like big ole TREES like we have in the Smokies ;-) LOL
]
Old 05-24-2020, 05:14 PM   #13

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I am also thinking of a 1/2 way delivery for late August. I looking into Wyoming. Wyoming did open state parks but cancelled all non resident reservations. we are still planning a trip of a life time but it may not work out that way. From what I even the places that are opening are not going to let non residents stay. It very hard to make any pickup plans at this point.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I am also thinking of a 1/2 way delivery for late August. I looking into Wyoming. Wyoming did open state parks but cancelled all non resident reservations. we are still planning a trip of a life time but it may not work out that way. From what I even the places that are opening are not going to let non residents stay. It very hard to make any pickup plans at this point.
If anyone is looking for a western pickup spot, here is a possibility. I-25, Exit 240. About an hour north of Denver.

40.160787 -104.979583

Two big truck stops make for easy unloading. Two motels. Near a WalMart and a Camping World. Located adjacent to the St. Vrain State Park which is open to everyone. A good place for a few nights to check stuff out.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll give you a hand.

Ed
Old 05-24-2020, 07:15 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post

I like Stephen's idea. My thought was to stay east of the Front Range of the Rockies, because staying on the Great Plains generally makes for faster running and better gas mileage.
Rapid City, and the associated cluster of great sites and camping, and major historically important stuff, makes it a great destination.
The Mount Rushmore National Memorial is a must!

Edit: It looks like that SW tip of So. Dakota is right on the $600 delivery cost line. From Albany, Georgia, it's about 1700 mi., so 3 days @ 8 hr/day. Then the return trip, take about a month to see the USA.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:17 AM   #16
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Another idea for a place to meet for delivery in the US cold be at a RV Dealership in the US that is also a 'Northern Lite' RV dealer. Since 'Northern Lite' is owned by the same company that owns ETI now, it might be worth a phone call (to ETI and your choice of Northern Lite dealership) to see if a cooperative deal could be made between these companies for ETI deliveries. Here is a link to find Northern Lite dealers in the US:https://northern-lite.com/find-a-dealer/. For those new to RVing, a Northern Lite dealer might be able to help with hitch set up, basic orientation, etc, like Lead Dog Motorsports/RV in Lake Havasu City, AZ is doing now. Just a thought. Safe travels to all those acquiring new Escapes soon. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:28 AM   #17

Schedule??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
I like Stephen's idea. My thought was to stay east of the Front Range of the Rockies, because staying on the Great Plains generally makes for faster running and better gas mileage.
Rapid City, and the associated cluster of great sites and camping, and major historically important stuff, makes it a great destination.

Edit: It looks like that SW tip of So. Dakota is right on the $600 delivery cost line. From Albany, Georgia, it's about 1700 mi., so 3 days @ 8 hr/day. Then the return trip, take about a month to see the USA.
Check out Lead Dog Motorsports in Lk Havasu AZ too..that's where we are going next month to get our trailer and 'camp our way home' to 10aC from there. Give Randy a call. Shiping to LDMS is about 1/4th what it wd have been to ship to TN and we still get to see about 1/2 of the stuff we planned to see when we were gonna pick up in Sumas..and you do not have the hassle of crossing the US/Canadian border. [Trying to find a place to store stuff you do not wanna take across the border etc etc etc.]
It appears like many of the NPs will finally open for "Fun Social Distancing" (aka camping) by July..FWIW we are staying 2 nites at nearby & highly rated Lk Havasu State Park in case any little 'problems' crop up w the E21.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Another idea for a place to meet for delivery in the US cold be at a RV Dealership in the US that is also a 'Northern Lite' RV dealer. Since 'Northern Lite' is owned by the same company that owns ETI now, it might be worth a phone call (to ETI and your choice of Northern Lite dealership) to see if a cooperative deal could be made between these companies for ETI deliveries. Here is a link to find Northern Lite dealers in the US:https://northern-lite.com/find-a-dealer/. For those new to RVing, a Northern Lite dealer might be able to help with hitch set up, basic orientation, etc, like Lead Dog Motorsports/RV in Lake Havasu City, AZ is doing now. Just a thought. Safe travels to all those acquiring new Escapes soon. -Bea

Thanks for this great idea! I'm going to check and see if that works. It would be awesome!
Old 06-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #19

Trailer: 21 foot 5.0 fifth wheel 2017
Oh hell go get it lol we drove all the way from maine on the canadian border to chiliwack.......took 9 days out 17 back. Going out we spent two days at niagara falls. Trip of a lifetime, we still talk about the summer of 2018 in out 5.0TA
Michael.Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:38 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post

And thanks for this great suggestion.
Probably should have considered this area more but Denver area was calling our name, so we decided to pick up there. We figured if we had down time waiting, easier sightseeing around Denver.