Escape 23 on order! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2023, 08:01 AM   #21

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
The commenter thought it was a double bed. 5 ft wide is queen for everybody but quite tall folks.
I've always considered being short an advantage.

A friend of mine at 6' 6" says the only time he has an advantage is at parades, sporting events, and lectures.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 09-11-2023, 09:04 AM   #22

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Butler View Post

A friend of mine at 6' 6" says the only time he has an advantage is at parades, sporting events, and lectures.

Enjoy,

Perry
Actually, less than 5’6” is generally considered short with 5’9” typically considered average.

The bigger they are,…

We consider the E23 queen bed to be a custom build for us.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:43 PM   #23

Trailer: N/A
I’m 6’3 and change, my son is 6’6. In our recent Bigfoot tour (6’4 ceiling) I brushed the ceiling in my shoes and had to watch the AC, my son was hunched. The 23 is much better at 6’5 (it’s four inches narrower however).

One other thing I really like is how they have a body corner cutout (or shelf) for the awning. More secure and should be better aero.
EscapingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 05:49 AM   #24

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Butler View Post

Enjoy,

Perry
Being tall (I'm 6'4") with long arms has it's moments too. When in the market last week a very attractive young lady asked me for help with an item on the top shelf.

I retrieved the item and told her she had made an old man's day. Got a very welcome two arm hug as she laughed and thanked me.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:57 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 19' Escape "Cattyshack"
We're hoping that some of you purchasing 23's living on the east coast or best in the SE (we're in Asheville NC) will become Ambassadors this year. We are thinking about the 23 but aren't sure about the windows and having to raise the screen to adjust or be outside to fully close them (noseeums, etc.) Also, in our 2017 19' we love lounging on the queen bed and feeling like we are in the forest with the 3 sets of windows surrounding the bed and people cannot see in the windows in the day. The short queen or twin beds don't look like they provide much of a view out the 2 side windows. Seeing it in person would let us know. Also, the dining area is missing a window so much less visibility we think. The rest of the trailer is awesome and has a lot of great standard features. We cannot have leather cushions due to 2 cats so we hope that is an option. Thanking you in advance!
NCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 10:02 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 19' Escape "Cattyshack"
A couple more comments for now. Having a door on the inside of both twin beds would make a lot of sense. Outside doors are nice, but inconvenient. Not sure how much actual space is under those beds or taken up with wiring, pump, etc. In the twin model is that microwave also a convection oven to the left of the counter?
NCopp is offline   Reply With Quote