A fond farewell from David Murphy - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2024, 02:13 PM   #41

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
David, Just another example of your thoughtfulness, to take time to write to the Escape Forum when you are facing such a challenge! I really enjoyed seeing your posts traveling this last year or so and was always happy to see you doing well. God Bless You
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 04:18 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 E19'
The previous commenters have expressed it more eloquently than we ever could.

Our best regards to both you and Mary.

David and Sue
Old 03-13-2024, 09:40 PM   #43

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Butler View Post
David and Mary took us on a hike just outside of the park and the further we went on the hike the more David realized we were on the wrong trail, thus "Murphy's Mistake". I had it on my Gaia mapping software when we visited David and Mary last January, but can't find it now.

If I find it on my Gaia I'll let you know.
Perry, I certainly don’t mean to clutter this very meaningful thread for David, but I want to thank you for your response. That sounds like an epic hike you had with them (passing travelers with llamas on the way - ha!).

We make such wonderful memories with our aptly named Escapes (and with your Bigfoot, of course). I’m glad for David and Mary that they got to enjoy so many joyful moments together, and with good friends like you and Terry.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 08:47 PM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
David, my love and prayers to you and Mary.

Sharon
Old 03-15-2024, 04:53 AM   #45

Trailer: 2018 5.0 T/A "Escaper"
David I never had the pleasure of meeting you but I have read a number of your posts, many of which provided insights to improve my escape journeys. Thank you very much for your contributions to this forum. I wish you and your loved ones peace and comfort in this difficult time.
akmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:39 AM   #46

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
Hi David, I too haven't had the pleasure of meeting you, but as a newbie I have benefitted from your experience and wisdom, which will continue to help D and me in our future adventures together in our new trailer. Thank you. Wishing you much kindness and peace. Paul
Pauly D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:16 PM   #47
gbb

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
David,
While having never had the pleasure to meet you in person, I feel like I know you due to your kind, helpful and inspiring presence on this forum. I like so many others have benefited from your helpful positive replies to our questions and concerns. Specifically, you helped me to figure out two issues with my camper that I was having trouble with.
Your positive attitude continued to be evident by your messages during your illness, and I am thankful you have continued to be able to camp.
Wishing you and your loved one's peace, kindness, and grace during this difficult time.
Buddy and Suzanne
gbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 10:09 AM   #48

Trailer: 19 Escape, arrived March 2021
Peace to you and your family.
thunderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 10:15 AM   #49

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0 (completion 4/22)
Thank you so much David for all you’ve contributed to the Escape community! I pray for you and your family for peace on your journey forward. I pray also that you know and love the Creator of the universe, and know that the future on the other side will be hundreds of times better than your best camping experience here on this side! Again, thanks for all of your contributions to the Escape community. Until we meet again!
BoomerStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 10:17 AM   #50

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Wishing you and your family much love and peace, from a fellow cancer survivor/warrior, I totally understand how precious life is. Thank you so much for your wonderful post, and all your posts over the years. I always looked forward to them… you are very much loved, even by all of us here who never met you. You have been such an inspiration!! Please know that, always.
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 04:53 PM   #51

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B
Wonderful words. Thank you. My husband passed away 5 1/2 years ago from this cancer and I was determined to keep RVing as we had many years of camping together. My husband did all the towing so I was nervous about learning this challenging skill. My friend suggested Escape trailers and after some research I bought my 17B. I joined the Forum and have learned much. Thank you for all your information and tales of adventure. I pray you have peace and comfort in the days ahead.
bnorman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 06:33 PM   #52

Trailer: 2023 E19
I recall when you initially announced your health challenges in 2022, your post included the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
25 years ago I quit my corporate job, we bought a trailer, and hit the road traveling extensively for several years. At the time many of our friends and family thought we were a little crazy. But we love the outdoors and in our travels noticed that when we hiked to the top of a mountain we didn't run into a lot of 80 year olds. I figured that we should do as much of that as we could while we were young and fit, and that I could always sit at a desk and do accounting work later in life. That turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made. I returned to full time work after several years but we kept the trailer and traveled whenever we got the chance. We have had many, many wonderful adventures and good times rather than working endlessly and putting off everything for our golden years.

When that first trailer wore out and we found Escape a few years ago we thought we'd be set for many more years of wonderful adventure and an actual retirement. We were able to take two long trips last year that convinced me I needed to retire for good and be able to travel freely. Next week we were set to head west on a 10 week trip. Instead I will be making much shorter trips to my oncologist for chemotherapy. So if you at all have the means to travel or do whatever it is you really want to do to enjoy life, don't put it off - DO IT NOW.
Your advice resonated strongly with me...and I have since been actively planning a change in life's course that will allow me to take a similar path, hopefully in the very near future.

A most sincere farewell....
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 08:14 PM   #53

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Sorry to hear this news David.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:21 PM   #54

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
David, we have never met but I enjoyed gaining knowledge from many of your posts.
I can only imagine what you are going through, since it was my wife, and not I that went through a similar situation. Today marks 2 years ago that she got a 2nd opinion at MD Anderson that gave us some hope. Unfortunately additional issues complicated things and she passed this January.
She was a terrific patient though, as I'm sure you will be and she made it easy for me to care for her, as I'm sure you will be for Mary.
Best wishes that the future remains as pain free as possible and you try to squeeze every bit of enjoyment you can from each other.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:50 PM   #55
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
I am a newcomer here, but one of the appealing parts of this Forum is the number of long-standing members who take an active role in making new members welcome and offering unlimited guidance and advice, not only on the Escape products, but on trailering, camping, and travel in general. David Murphy is certainly one of the most notable, and if he cannot survive this latest bout with illness (and I certainly hope he will!) his presence here will continue.

Keep on truckin' and trailerin' David. Just remember, the road never ends.
Old 03-22-2024, 09:08 PM   #56

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
David- you have been one of the most generous members here and am very sad to hear this news. Will never forget #19 @ Arches.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:24 PM   #57

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19'
David, I cannot tell you how helpful your posts have been over the past few years. You've always seemed to take such a practical, calm approach to everything you've modified or trouble-shot. I always enjoyed reading your posts. I am sending you and your loved ones a big hug and all of my well wishes.
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote