A fond farewell from David Murphy - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2024, 10:13 PM   #21

Trailer: 2012 E19
May your transition be as pain-free and easy as possible, and may you one day gaze into the loving eyes of the King of Kings as He welcomes you home.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:16 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
David

I am another who has not had the pleasure of meeting you in person but you have touched my life in important ways. Your pleasant, gentle, experienced and supportive personality has shone through on the forum and made it a better place.

I know our upcoming trip will be so much more enjoyable for all the valuable information you shared about routes and camping spots. We will think of you when we experience the places you've suggested and thank you again in our hearts.

Know that I am shedding a tear as I write this. Peace, brother.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:26 AM   #23
SRS

Trailer: 2022 Escape 17A, 2021 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
I feel I'm still a newbie here but have enjoyed your posts and helpful comments. You will be missed.
SRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 08:44 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
David,
Thanks much for all you have done for all of us.
Sending you Love and Peace!
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 08:51 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
David, Mary and the Cats
Thanks for all of your insightful posts, your great travelogues and your uplifting spirit. We have appreciated your posts and hope your journey from now on is in peace and harmony with the world you loved.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-12-2024, 11:48 AM   #26

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Hi David!

So happy we we able to get our 5.0's at about the same time, discuss our setups and changes, and been able to camp and hike with you and Mary. We had a great time with both of you last January in Austin. The next time we're in Capitol Reef we'll make sure to hike "Murphy's Mistake" again.

Oh, since we installed the Dinosaur board, the furnace has been running perfectly. Two more days in Chiricahua NM and we head for a BLM near Sonita.

You will be missed!

Perry and Terry
Old 03-12-2024, 12:05 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
David,

Though we have not met, I have always enjoyed and frequently learned from your posts. Your kind and helpful presence on this forum will be missed.

I pray for as easy a transition as possible for you. And when you must leave this realm, may you be joyously reunited with loved ones that have gone before you.

Our prayers go out for you and Mary.
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:27 PM   #28

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
David - More fans here who, although we've never met, have always found your thoughtful, kind and very helpful posts a joy to read. You will definitely be in our thoughts as you enter this new chapter in your 'Life Story' and here's hoping your last chapter takes a while to finish.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 05:18 PM   #29

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Fare thee well

It's easy and convenient to dismiss or suppress the fact that we're all "knocking on heavens door". Mortality is super serious business. Your sentiments and words are wise and accepting. I wish you well.

so long,
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 06:21 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
David, I am sad to read this news. I hope the coming days are filled with love and peace. Best to you both on the road ahead.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:18 PM   #31

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Butler View Post
The next time we're in Capitol Reef we'll make sure to hike "Murphy's Mistake" again.
Hi, Perry and Terry. We’re heading out to southern Utah and the “Mighty Five” later this year. I’m very curious to know where this hike you’re referring to is in Capitol Reef. We might like to follow it and think of Mr. Murphy while we’re out there. Thank you! (If it’s purely an inside joke, that’s okay too, of course)
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 08:44 PM   #32

Trailer: 2012 E19
Cat lovers be aware, there will be cats on the 'new earth'.

"The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox." (Isaiah 11-6-7)
Old 03-12-2024, 09:25 PM   #33

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
David, you’ve been an inspiration to myself, Mary, and our cat Leyna, who now travels with us, thanks to you.

I hope you still have more time that you can enjoy… and here’s a couple of pictures of Leyna in the 5.0

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0765.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	73077

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0772.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	73076
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 10:12 PM   #34

Trailer: 2004 scamp sold july 2021 Escape 5.0 sep 2021
Hi David

I'm another one of your never met persons and I would like to thank you for all of the wisdom you shared on this site. I wish you Mary and the cats peace
bandtescapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 11:43 PM   #35

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Hi, Perry and Terry. We’re heading out to southern Utah and the “Mighty Five” later this year. I’m very curious to know where this hike you’re referring to is in Capitol Reef. We might like to follow it and think of Mr. Murphy while we’re out there. Thank you! (If it’s purely an inside joke, that’s okay too, of course)
David and Mary took us on a hike just outside of the park and the further we went on the hike the more David realized we were on the wrong trail, thus "Murphy's Mistake". We ran into a couple and their children traveling with lamas packing their gear and they said we were on a route that really wasn't mapped. We hiked for easily 5 or more hours and it was great with wonderful vistas. I had it on my Gaia mapping software when we visited David and Mary last January, but can't find it now. I know where we started and believe we can find and hike it again.

If I find it on my Gaia I'll let you know.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 03-13-2024, 12:09 AM   #36
Omi

Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B
I'm another mostly reader of the forum. Your posts have been great. I joined the forum with hesitation, worried about privacy and internet vulnerability. But when I saw your photo holding a cat, it was especially nice and personal. I have been comfortable on the forum ever since. Such great posts and good help. Know that you have influenced others for the better!
Charlotte (Omi)
Old 03-13-2024, 05:47 AM   #37

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Thank you David,

In all the years I have been here, your words have always been kind and thoughtful. You set an example for those of us that walk in your footsteps yet are not so bold. You are an example of responding with dignity. Something I aspire to always remember and live up to.

Your words do not stop here. This forum will be around for a while, and your thoughtful suggestions will undoubtedly affect future Escape owners. So your thoughtful ways and words will live on for future owners to cherish.

Like our good friend, Ed Norman (CPAHarley), you have brought a quality to this board that transcends simple Internet communications. You have brought LOVE and KINDNESS and wrapped it up in a neat example for all to see. And that makes this place special.

I thank you dearly for your example. And know that we all walk the same path, some of us wait a bit, all of us sharing the same future. With Love and gratitude, I will remember the example you set. Thank you again.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 10:25 AM   #38

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Farewell, David. Thanks for the well written post. Your presence will defiantly be missed around here.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 10:30 AM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
Enjoyed meeting you at a Pineknot Rally a few years ago, David. Thanks for all your help to me and so many others on the forum. I wish you God's good blessings and hope to see you again one day on the other side.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:02 PM   #40

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA The Glass Inn
David, thanks for sharing all your wisdom and knowledge over the years. Whatever the future brings I wish you and your family Peace.
rmitch is offline   Reply With Quote