Inventory Units - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2021, 04:01 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
I wonder what our CEO's would say if we asked them to hand over $2,000 to a vendor so we could purchase their products 2 1/2 years from now.

I'm out of the new Escape market. My inner CEO said that vendor has to go.
Plenty of other options, however the used market may not save you much money if you can find one that is. Good luck.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
At least as of last September, and AFAIK still today 5/12/2021, a $2kUSD deposit is required at the time of "reserving a firm completion date" (IOW, to start the process of actually getting an Escape).

No additional payment is required upon finalizing the build-sheet and executing the firm Purchase Agreement (but the deposit less processing fee becomes non-refundable at that point). Full payment of the balance due is not required until the trailer is complete, can be as late as immediately prior to actual hand-off to the buyer (full payment must 'clear' before hand-off or before the trailer is placed on a truck for remote delivery).

All of these terms were re-confirmed when I finalized my build sheet a few weeks ago on 4/22/2021.

As always, things can change at any time.
At what date does the 2000 deposit become non refundable ?
Old 05-12-2021, 04:08 PM   #43

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
when you turn in your final build sheet. about 4 months prior to trailer delivery. The company will be working with you at that time on final choices.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:47 PM   #44

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
At what date does the 2000 deposit become non refundable ?
In my case with a "Production Complete" commitment of August 18, 2021 by ETI, the latest date for finalizing the build sheet and executing the Purchase Agreement is 3 months prior on May 18, 2021.

I was settled on my options and signed ahead of schedule on April 22, making my deposit non-refundable on that date.

The 'contract milestone' 4 months prior to completion date is the formal "Start of Configuration Stage" (April 19 in my case); that's when your ETI contact will reach-out via email sending an invite for a teleconference to move through finalizing the build sheet.

The last 'contract milestone' is 1 month after the completion date (September 17 in my case); that's the end of the "free storage" period for ETI holding the trailer pending hand-off in Sumas to the USA buyer or the shipping company if having it delivered; after that ETI charges a storage fee (don't recall the amount, doesn't apply to me).
Old 05-12-2021, 06:11 PM   #45

Trailer: 2022 E19
How many have to go out the door before mine is built?

Using the 600 units annually mentioned earlier, as 60 inventory units was said to be around 10% of 2021 production.

My deposit was put down in mid April, my guaranteed production date is the end of June 2023. (based on current production capabilities)

So they have to complete around 1,325 units before mine is done...........

I'll be reviewing inventory offerings closely!
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:26 PM   #46

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21 & 2014 RAM EcoDiesel
Wow, that seems just crazy. Is demand really that good for escape. Got ours in 2018 and complained about having to wait six months
Old 05-12-2021, 07:39 PM   #47

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by canakiwi View Post
Wow, that seems just crazy. Is demand really that good for escape. Got ours in 2018 and complained about having to wait six months

Not just Escape the whole industry is experiencing a big rush of orders!
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:58 PM   #48

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
Not just Escape the whole industry is experiencing a big rush of orders!
Yep, that is why I’ve been hedging towards solar…. Water/electric sites are booked solid around here, still can snag water only or primitive sites.
bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:17 PM   #49

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
I'm curious to see where this lands on the backside of the pandemic. Will we see a glut of used trailers and struggling RV manufacturers? Or will all these new enthusiasts stick?
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:24 PM   #50

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
I'm curious to see where this lands on the backside of the pandemic. Will we see a glut of used trailers and struggling RV manufacturers? Or will all these new enthusiasts stick?

I suspect, if they spend all next summer driving around, failing to find a campsite, the trailers will be parked in the driveway with a "for sale" sign.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:45 PM   #51

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
I do think a surge of used trailers in a few years time will be the end result. There's no way all of these first time customers stay with it.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:41 AM   #52

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I suspect, if they spend all next summer driving around, failing to find a campsite, the trailers will be parked in the driveway with a "for sale" sign.
Ever notice the number of for sale exercise devices soon after the new year? All those resolutions going straight downhill.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:08 AM   #53

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
The trailer storage lots around here are doing a thriving business. I would imagine that many trailers sold spend the first part of their life at the manufacturers/dealers lot and once sold spend 99% of the remainder of their lives in storage.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:42 AM   #54

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
We had several people around us by new stick builds n they already have them up for sale. Stopped n looked at a couple n ask why they are selling response was not what they thought it would be, too much trouble packing n unpacking and the dang things are already falling apart, roof leaks n can’t get it in for service. I expect to start seeing even more on the market due to these issues. People jumping on the bandwagon before really researching n making sure they were making a good choice.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:50 AM   #55

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
The future of RV ing in the USA
Even with all the new to camping and got back into camping RV Sales I don’t think campgrounds throughout the country will be glutted for long. Harley Davidsons, bass boats, classic cars, project tractors,
All have found boom and bust cycles in the past 25 years. I am of the opinion that this year will be the high point. Even now in beautiful spring days our campgrounds in Iowa are only about 40% full during the week and are crowded but not impossible on the weekends.
A myriad of “dislikes” will become reasons for not “taking it out”
1. Needs work
2. Spouse doesn’t like it
3. Kids don’t want to go
4 fuel went way up
5. Too many rules
6. Maintenance costs are too high
7. I don’t know how to work on it myself
8. We saw the national parks we wanted to see Mt. Rushmore was nice.
9. Health issues
10. I need to sell it to buy another toy
11. Can’t afford the payments and insurance
12. Don’t like paying $$$ per month for a place to store it especially when we’re not using it.
13. Too much work to get ready, buy food, load, unload and put “ that damned trailer” back in the storage lot.
And on and on.
Take all the parked RVs, Boats, Motorcycles, project cars that haven’t been used or worked on in the last two years and put them end to end. It will be a really long line of toys. Just taking those unused toys off the insurance schedule would be a major calamity in the insurance industry.
Gotta cut back one more decorative grass plant and then run some errands, enough pontificating.
Time will tell the tale.
Have a great day and if you go fishing catch a big one.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-13-2021, 10:36 AM   #56

Just look at any marina on a glorious sunny day. Millions of dollars worth of holes in the water just sitting there.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:54 AM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Two happiest days of your life. The day you buy your boat and the day you sell it.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-13-2021, 02:42 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
The future of RV ing in the USA
Even with all the new to camping and got back into camping RV Sales I don’t think campgrounds throughout the country will be glutted for long. Harley Davidsons, bass boats, classic cars, project tractors,
All have found boom and bust cycles in the past 25 years. I am of the opinion that this year will be the high point. Even now in beautiful spring days our campgrounds in Iowa are only about 40% full during the week and are crowded but not impossible on the weekends.
A myriad of “dislikes” will become reasons for not “taking it out”
1. Needs work
2. Spouse doesn’t like it
3. Kids don’t want to go
4 fuel went way up
5. Too many rules
6. Maintenance costs are too high
7. I don’t know how to work on it myself
8. We saw the national parks we wanted to see Mt. Rushmore was nice.
9. Health issues
10. I need to sell it to buy another toy
11. Can’t afford the payments and insurance
12. Don’t like paying $$$ per month for a place to store it especially when we’re not using it.
13. Too much work to get ready, buy food, load, unload and put “ that damned trailer” back in the storage lot.
And on and on.
Take all the parked RVs, Boats, Motorcycles, project cars that haven’t been used or worked on in the last two years and put them end to end. It will be a really long line of toys. Just taking those unused toys off the insurance schedule would be a major calamity in the insurance industry.
Gotta cut back one more decorative grass plant and then run some errands, enough pontificating.
Time will tell the tale.
Have a great day and if you go fishing catch a big one.
Iowa Dave
Though escapes were in demand before the boom, I expect they will be for awhile if the new owners don’t ruin the business by being too greedy.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:26 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
In my case with a "Production Complete" commitment of August 18, 2021 by ETI, the latest date for finalizing the build sheet and executing the Purchase Agreement is 3 months prior on May 18, 2021.

I was settled on my options and signed ahead of schedule on April 22, making my deposit non-refundable on that date.

The 'contract milestone' 4 months prior to completion date is the formal "Start of Configuration Stage" (April 19 in my case); that's when your ETI contact will reach-out via email sending an invite for a teleconference to move through finalizing the build sheet.

The last 'contract milestone' is 1 month after the completion date (September 17 in my case); that's the end of the "free storage" period for ETI holding the trailer pending hand-off in Sumas to the USA buyer or the shipping company if having it delivered; after that ETI charges a storage fee (don't recall the amount, doesn't apply to me).
So not that much difference from 2017 except the 2000 dollar deposit is due much earlier, I think I put down 500 to reserve the spot and the 2000 was due at the signing of the build sheet . Then the balance at pickup, though I paid chunks for 6 months before the completion at that time all transactions were in Canadian and the fluctuation of exchange rate worked to our advantage. Not so now. Pity it’s two plus years out now. Wonder what the lead times for 23’s will be?
Old 05-13-2021, 06:30 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Canadian and the fluctuation of exchange rate worked to our advantage.

Canadian dollar has strengthened and US dollar has weakened. CAD came close to 85 cents this week.