Daily diatribe - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Hey, you can insult my ancestry but don't insult my favorite coffee place.

Of course some might say that any coffee that has to be ordered "double-double" is a little suspect. Still, give me my bacon club and a chocolate chip muffin and I'm a happy camper.

Ron
Hi: Ron in BC... Many times towing my own bathroom has saved my "Bacon"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 02:41 PM   #22

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
You're making me thirsty. Even the early rule says I have to wait till 11 am (Covid rules). It used to be much later but these are trying times.

I will join you vicariously in a few hours. Until then enjoy your pizza!

To quote a song and several people out there, It's five o'clock somewhere. My other favorite drinking quote is, The sune is over the yard arm somewhere in the world.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:42 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Cool hand luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
What's another word for thesaurus?
What we got here is a clear case of alliteration.
The book is called “How to impress yourself and finance Webster.”
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:37 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
................Midwest croquet, we don’t play for the wickets we play to hit your ball so we can railroad your butt into the prairie.
But we’re nice about it.
Iowa Dave

dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:42 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Hey, you can insult my ancestry but don't insult my favorite coffee place.

Of course some might say that any coffee that has to be ordered "double-double" is a little suspect. Still, give me my bacon club and a chocolate chip muffin and I'm a happy camper.

Ron
I would never insult Tim’s. Their sandwiches and donuts are delightful. When in the “True North” I often patronize it. But the coffee, I only buy it I am running out of kerosene for the lantern. Ugh!

There is a tourist attraction in PEI which is essentially a fun house. Outside, one of the displays is an old, horse drawn hearse. Inside is a male mannequin, dressed for the occasion. His hand is clutching a take out cup from Timmy’s; somewhat appropriate I thought as I couldn’t contain my laughter.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:27 AM   #26

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I take it Tim Horton's, which I've never had, is like Dunkin Dognuts and Starpukes. Around here DD and S are the only options other then the occasional local coffee shop. Seems most like one and hate the other.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:32 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We first saw a Tim Hortons on our first trip to Alf's Niagara Rally in 2012, but it was not until 2016 on our trip to Chilliwack did we experience their coffee and food. Believe me, compared to Starbucks which has proliferated the street corners in the USA, Tim's is a refreshing reprise....
Old 07-04-2020, 06:38 AM   #28

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
I may be shouted off the forum, but I like McDonald's coffee much more than Timmy's and that was my goto on a really nice car/motel road trip from home to Raleigh NC (via DelMarVa) and back (via Gettysburg/Sodus NY) in early March, just dodging the bullet. I'm too cheap to buy Starbucks. :-)

Happy July 4.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:00 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
I may be shouted off the forum, but I like McDonald's coffee much more than Timmy's and that was my goto on a really nice car/motel road trip from home to Raleigh NC (via DelMarVa) and back (via Gettysburg/Sodus NY) in early March, just dodging the bullet. I'm too cheap to buy Starbucks. :-)

Happy July 4.
Hi: camp4528... I'm too cheap to buy Starsucks...AAMOF I'm too cheap to buy coffee and to diabetic to buy dognuts. These days I'm comfortable to brew at home and drink alone!!! Where did we all go before coffee shops?
BTW Happy 4th. too. Alf
Old 07-04-2020, 09:05 AM   #30

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Diners.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:57 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Diners.
Hi: padlin... Oh ya... I forgot "Diners, Drive ins, and Dives"!!! Alf
Old 07-04-2020, 10:03 AM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I’m with Alf , I have only been to Starbucks once and that is because someone else was buying
My favorite coffee is Canadian Fishing Coffee , made with fresh , pure , clear , unfiltered Canadian lake water , perked over an open fire and with just a splash of Canadian Cognac added to take the edge off .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #33

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I’m with Alf , I have only been to Starbucks once and that is because someone else was buying
My favorite coffee is Canadian Fishing Coffee , made with fresh , pure , clear , unfiltered Canadian lake water , perked over an open fire and with just a splash of Canadian Cognac added to take the edge off .
I was in Whitehorse (driving from Fairbanks) in 1958 to board the railway flatcars for the trip to Skagway and I stayed in a hotel overnite, can't remember the name.

I think I remember that in the hotel bar, the men were in one side and women had to enter on another side. Do I have that right? I don't know about couples.

I remember thinking, "where are the mounties" I didn't know the red coats were for formal stuff.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:39 AM   #34

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Pretty curmudgeonly discussions. Lol
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post

I may be shouted off the forum, but I like McDonald's coffee much more than Timmy's

Happy July 4.
Since I'm a low class to no class coffee drinker I don't mind McDonald's coffee either. Heck, I drink Nescafe instant at home. But I have to say Timmies food selection is much better than McDonalds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thRanger View Post

I think I remember that in the hotel bar, the men were in one side and women had to enter on another side. Do I have that right? I don't know about couples.
Yup, Canadians have never been known for the most progressive drinking laws. That's the way it was when I was younger. Women's entrance and men's entrance. Couples could use the men's entrance. We still have liquor rules that most other countries don't have. There's a rumor that we now going to allow folks to go to the beach and have a beer.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:25 PM   #36

Utah has some strange liquor laws, perhaps because of their origins. But while in Olympic area in Park City in 2002, ordered 2 drinks and the bartender did a little dance in a circle. Supposedly only one drink per visit, but by him doing a 360, a new visit occurs? Have not been back there since....?
Old 07-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #37

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Utah has some strange liquor laws, perhaps because of their origins......
A few weeks ago I camped in Arkansas at the diamond mine near Murfreesboro. Ate breakfast and lunch in the Escape but liked to eat supper in town. Not much to choose from. Saw a nice Mexican food restaurant. It was then I found out I was in a dry county. No margarita or beer to go with my enchilada dinner? No thanks. Sad thing is that little town is in a slow death spiral. Businesses boarded up everywhere. They could certainly use the tax revenue that beer, wine, and spirits sales would bring.
Curious Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #38

While in college in Iowa, their Sundays were dry days. Someone in the dorm started a beer collection and between donations and what we got from the vending machines, I drove the 100 miles round trip to Illinois and picked up 4 cases of beer and returned and we went out to local cornfield for a party. Very interesting to drive thru a cornfield. We lost our use of the vending machines for the rest of the semester, lesson learned.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:40 PM   #39

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Mike View Post
A few weeks ago I camped in Arkansas at the diamond mine near Murfreesboro. Ate breakfast and lunch in the Escape but liked to eat supper in town. Not much to choose from. Saw a nice Mexican food restaurant. It was then I found out I was in a dry county. No margarita or beer to go with my enchilada dinner? No thanks. Sad thing is that little town is in a slow death spiral. Businesses boarded up everywhere. They could certainly use the tax revenue that beer, wine, and spirits sales would bring.
We learned the hard way about Arkansas and alcohol . My wife ran out of wine so we went into Walmart only to be told that we were in a dry county and if we wanted to purchase alcohol that the closest wet county was up the road aways
After driving over 30 miles , there was a liquor store , the only building standing in a field in the middle of nowhere
The same box of wine that was $11 back at home was now $30 and the store clerks knew they had you over a barrel IE ; Shut your mouth and open your wallet
To avoid this problem and arguing with my wife , I now just keep quiet and hide a box of wine and a 12 pack of beer in the back of my truck when we go on trips . My stash has come in handy on several occasions
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #40

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Just back from 13 days of camping

Just back yesterday from 13 days of camping in Northern Wisconsin. Stayed in state forest parks and in our 19 at a buddies lake cottage he was renting for a week in Land O Lakes, WI. No problem with social distancing, parks were 15%-30% at capacity, met up with Leon & Lindy of a 21 Escape from the Twin Cities and later with Tom & Meg in a 19 from Monona, Wi. Kept our distances, biked, swam, kayaked and wore a mask when needed. Crowds and close contact are the virus vector situations, not being in the outdoors. Also went for 4 nights back in May to a 10% occupied Iowa state forest. I would NOT be out this weekend with the holiday crowding.

When our heat wave breaks, I'll be looking to get out again.

With precautions, you still can go camping.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote