Arlington Washington SALVAGE ESCAPE 19 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2024, 01:27 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Assume that means no title. I would guess that most states would have some provision for creating new titles for salvage restorations. True?

Can't see the photos; requires elaborate Google log-in; not for me.
You can retitle a salvaged vehicle once it is repaired and passes an inspection. In most (maybe all) states the vehicle will be retitled as Rebuilt Salvage. A purely salvage title shows that the vehicle is legally owned and the owner may use it for parts or possibly restoration but it can’t be licensed. A title may also indicate if the vehicle was flood or hail damaged even in cases where the vehicle was not declared a total loss by the insurance company.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 03:00 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
You can retitle a salvaged vehicle once it is repaired and passes an inspection.
In Canada you can do that EXCEPT for a vehicle with flood damage. I don't know about the US but I would not be surprised if it is the same.
Mark B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 04:17 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Not saying right or wrong but it is a fact that there are a lot of untitled trailers setting on private ground being used as hunting, fishing or getaway cabins. There is heightened interest in this practice compared to years ago due to the Meth cooking epidemic we had in the Midwest a few years back. “Abandoned” farm houses, remote livestock shelters, cabins and trailers received a second look from law enforcement and this continues today. Drone surveillance and infrared sensing have made suspicious structures more vulnerable to inspection.

So I suppose if someone was willing to tow the trailer or trailer the trailer to a remote location and leave it there without registration that could be an avenue for usage. People get pretty far outside of the box when they think nobody knows what they are up to. Sometimes it’s legitimate and innovative other times just blatantly illegal.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-30-2024, 04:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B1 View Post
In Canada you can do that EXCEPT for a vehicle with flood damage. I don't know about the US but I would not be surprised if it is the same.
A quick search shows that selling, getting a title and licensing a flood damaged vehicle varies by state.
Old 01-31-2024, 07:53 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
The trailer is up to 675. You need to bid 700 to be high bidder. Bidding ends Thursday.
Buuuuuuttttt. That’s not the total on a 700 dollar bid!

Fee Calculator
Final Bid
$700
Documentation Fee
$199
Transaction Fee
$299
Auction Fee
$518
TOTAL
$1,716.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 10:12 AM   #26

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
I imagine there are lots of vicarious snoopers watching this thread - myself included.

Anyone want to volunteer to go to Arlington WA to look inside the trailer and report to the forum? It's only about 20mi south of Burlington and 20mi north of Redmond off the I5. :-)

Google maps satellite view shows a very big yard beside the airport, with lots of vehicles, boats and RV's.
Old 01-31-2024, 03:48 PM   #27

It’s over $800 now that Ron jumped into the bidding.

I notice that the posting lists 1 accident record found. The pictures don’t show any evidence of crash damage that would total the trailer.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:08 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post

It’s over $800 now that Ron jumped into the bidding.
At one time or if it was a 23 I'd be all over it. But that ship has sailed.

This is a pig in the poke situation and not all folks are comfortable with that.

I did quite well with a similar situation when I needed an engine for a boat that I was building. A local yacht dealer had one removed from a brand new boat. Put it in the water, found out the aqua lift (water lift) muffler was installed incorrectly and it ingested salt water.

They claimed that it was rinsed out and turned over freely but there was no opportunity to test run it. They wanted about $8,000 for it. I offered $2,500 and was prepared that I might have to rebuild it or it might become an anchor for a mooring.

They were shocked and offended at my offer. I told them straight out that it was a pig in the poke situation. I could end up with a running engine or an anchor.

After 3 tries to get me to go higher they sold it to me. Took if home, added fuel, water and power and it purred like a kitten. Took me far and wide and never missed a beat. But I was prepared that it could have gone the other way.

I suspect whoever ends up with this trailer will do well by it. Probably will be someone who is not risk adverse and knows that they can probably make some money. Too bad we're not likely to find out what happens to it after it sells.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 05:36 PM   #29

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
... This is a pig in the poke situation and not all folks are comfortable with that. ...
Great anecdote and spot-on assessment of this situation including a quite possible outcome, IMO.

Old 01-31-2024, 10:25 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
I imagine there are lots of vicarious snoopers watching this thread - myself included.

Anyone want to volunteer to go to Arlington WA to look inside the trailer and report to the forum? It's only about 20mi south of Burlington and 20mi north of Redmond off the I5. :-)

Google maps satellite view shows a very big yard beside the airport, with lots of vehicles, boats and RV's.
I called the auction service, one can only inspect if the person is a verified, registered bidder…someone that is registered with the auction service. I had entertained the thought of having a friend from the Seattle area take a look. There may be a reason for the lack of interior pics.
Additionally, I was told that more pics could be viewed using the VIN# , no joy there either.
J1973s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 12:36 PM   #31

We should "place your bets". I guessing about 7 grand.

Ron
Old 02-01-2024, 02:57 PM   #32

What was the selling price?…I asked my conscience and she said: “ no more projects”.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:07 PM   #33

Last bid I saw was $3,550. I'd expected a last minute bump up as bidders got serious but that may have been it. If so, someone got a deal.

Maybe a factor is the world of f.g. trailers is a relatively small one in the overall RV world.

Ron
Old 02-01-2024, 03:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Last bid I saw was $3,550. I'd expected a last minute bump up as bidders got serious but that may have been it. If so, someone got a deal.

Maybe a factor is the world of f.g. trailers is a relatively small one in the overall RV world.

Ron
That’s the price I saw last. Now it’s just listed as ‘sold’. That was really a deal…might be able to have a 3rd party do the work and still come out ahead…I just thought of a waterlogged headliner and ruined electronics..not the upside.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:19 PM   #35

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1973s View Post
That’s the price I saw last. Now it’s just listed as ‘sold’. That was really a deal…might be able to have a 3rd party do the work and still come out ahead…I just thought of a waterlogged headliner and ruined electronics..not the upside.
Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda. I have way too much iron in the fire now and not enough fire.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-01-2024, 04:22 PM   #36

From my experience it'd be ideal for someone with strong DIY skills and a willingness to put in some sweat equity.

I've built two f.g. sailboats. One I leased the mold and laid it up my self. The second I bought a bare f.g. shell from the manufacturer. Way easier starting with the shell. This situation is way easier than that. A good part of the work in finishing the interior is making patterns for everything. In this case, and assuming worst case scenerio, the patterns are there, ready made. All the solid wood framing is likely usable.

I ran the sell me a 23 shell past Karl. No deal.

Ron
Old 02-01-2024, 04:27 PM   #37
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Same, last look was $3,550.00
There were also added fees of 500 dollars and a auction fee that is usually a % of the finial bid, most auction I have been to add 3% to 5% on the bid price.
One auction I was at added 15%, I didn’t bid.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 05:00 PM   #38

Trailer: 2013 Adventurer motorhome
WA salvage

I was told it’s full of mold / biohazard . Still a deal I’d you gut it and replace everything
Scanner Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 05:13 PM   #39

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
My take

10 or more years ago I purchased a 16' 1996 Casita. The bones were in reasonably good shape, but it required running gear, plumbing, electrical and cosmetic attention.
It worked out OK for me, and provided lots of work to a recently retired tinkerer.

The fiberglass shell, running gear (axles, wheels, etc) and the frame are the most important things in my mind....the bones, if you will. The rest is extra. At $4K or thereabouts, this would be a steal. Sweat equity, grunt work, lots of time and effort and some money could get it back in shape.

Too bad it was located 2,000+ miles away from me. I could have used a spare 2016 E19.

And so it goes.....thankfully goes, from my dreaming desire. I don't need no more rehab projects.

fair thee well, salvage E19
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:04 PM   #40

Trailer: Escape 19 2017
Since I live about 5 miles from ArlingtonWashington I thought I'd offer to go and take a look. Went to the site and it now says "sold"
JeffO4297 is offline   Reply With Quote