Emergency Window - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2022, 10:46 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
If common sense is so common, how come not everybody has it?
Iowa Dave
Old 07-01-2022, 11:00 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
If common sense is so common, how come not everybody has it?
Iowa Dave
Or, how come everyone has it, but it's different for everyone?
Old 07-01-2022, 11:41 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Because some people know they have it but do not demonstrate it and others that do not have it, think they do...
Old 07-01-2022, 12:40 PM   #24

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Willy, Sorry to hear about this issue for you! I measured my window in my 21NE and it is 30" x 20". Other than that, the window from RecPro looks like it is the same.
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 02:59 PM   #25

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
willy get on the phone with them. That's the only way I Have been to get anything done with ETI . right now they have some of the old windows available all they have to do is set one to side for you or let you switch to awning . Make sure you talking to someone that has the power to do something . This can be a task itself. JUST my 2 cents
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:04 PM   #26

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfschu View Post
Willy, Sorry to hear about this issue for you! I measured my window in my 21NE and it is 30" x 20". Other than that, the window from RecPro looks like it is the same.
Thanks for checking!!

Just by the photos it looks like the identical window but I want confirmation from Escape.

Truly Appreciated!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
willy get on the phone with them. That's the only way I Have been to get anything done with ETI . right now they have some of the old windows available all they have to do is set one to side for you or let you switch to awning . Make sure you talking to someone that has the power to do something . This can be a task itself. JUST my 2 cents
I have several emails into them but no response yet. I don't want to be the who causes another buyer to be upset.

We really want the slide windows and it looks like the Recpro might be the same unit. It's only $201.95 and is in stock. Just need to double confirm if that is the window with Escape.

If they let us change the windows to the Awning style that would be $800+/- and not the windows we prefer.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:32 PM   #28
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
You might ask ETI if they will install the window for you if you have it shipped to them. They stated in the video that Canadian law had changed regarding the Exit Window design and that is what caused the change. I mention that, as they may not be able to install it any longer if it does not meet current safety requirements.

The Exit Window is not the only thing that is an issue right now. ETI still continues to have problems procuring range hood vents, and for awhile had trouble getting trailer tires. I was hoping that our new 21 would come with one of the newer style range hoods that does not stick out past the kitchen/dinette divider, but it looks like we will get stuck with the old style that does stick out. We have that on our 19 and had to put a pad on the edge that sticks out because I kept banging my head into it.

So since they can change components during production, when you pick it up you might ask if they had to make any component substitutions due to supply shortages. Again, not much you can do about it, but might be worth knowing.
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:57 PM   #29

This is the model number for the discontinued window.
Lippert V000585263 - 200VEPW 30 X 20 TP INS BK with a trim ring model V000449153

Can't find it yet. Just received the info from Escape.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:09 PM   #30

I just got off the phone with Lippert and guess what?

Per Lippert this window is NOT BEING DISCONTINUED and has a 15 days lead time since they are built to order. Funny how that works!

By the way, the girl from Lippert's customer service (Kelsey McNeal) was AMAZING. Friendly, helpful, funny and engaging. It's nice to see a young person know what the "Customer" part of customer service is all about. Something that Escape could learn from.

The Window Part #V000585263 - 200VEPW 30 X 20 TP INS BK is $476.95 and the Trim Ring Part #V000449153 is $35.95. All before tax and shipping.

Needless to say it is on order.
Old 07-05-2022, 03:56 PM   #31

Trailer: 21
That totally contradicts the info ETI said in the video. I’d send that to them and see what their response is
Old 07-05-2022, 04:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
That totally contradicts the info ETI said in the video. I’d send that to them and see what their response is
I have.

When I learned about Escape and this forum a few years they truly seemed like a very customer forward company. Add in a pandemic and new ownership things appear quite a bit different. Not this great forum I should say.

We will complete this sale but things are very different from my first conversations with Escape a few years ago. Some times a company can get inside their "production" heads and forget that they have actual customers. I've seen it many times in my career.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:35 PM   #33

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Hopefully the window installed and the one you have ordered are the same except for the inner window, opener and screen and you will be able to exchange the operable parts without having to remove and reinstall the entire window.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
Hopefully the window installed and the one you have ordered are the same except for the inner window, opener and screen and you will be able to exchange the operable parts without having to remove and reinstall the entire window.
I'm not at all concerned with removing the entire window and replacing it with the new one. Should be very simple.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:42 PM   #35

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Being that Lippert said the window is built to order, maybe they are producing limited quantities to support the replacement needs of individual customers, but no longer sourcing this model to manufacturers? Just a guess.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:43 PM   #36

You might wonder why I seem so upset over this minor issue.

This response I received yesterday from Samuel might help in understanding the New Escape. I just can't believe someone would actually say this in an email.

"Thank you for requesting a credit on the new window style. I looked into the cost of the previous style window versus the new style and it ends up being less for the new one. However, it is a low dollar difference. Therefore I decided against a credit.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards

Samuel

Samuel Schneebeli, Customer Service
Escape Trailer Industries LP
43851 Industrial Way, Bldg. A
Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4L2"
Old 07-05-2022, 04:46 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Being that Lippert said the window is built to order, maybe they are producing limited quantities to support the replacement needs of individual customers, but no longer sourcing this model to manufacturers? Just a guess.
I asked Lippert that question and they said they have no plans of discontinuing this window. I'm thinking it might be some weird new safety law in Canada that would require some sort of special agency testing/labeling?
Old 07-05-2022, 05:11 PM   #38

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
I asked Lippert that question and they said they have no plans of discontinuing this window. I'm thinking it might be some weird new safety law in Canada that would require some sort of special agency testing/labeling?
Not to keep tilting against windmills for Escape, but the gist of Escape’s July Q&A video discussion on these windows (and they brought it up themselves, it didn’t derive from a customer question) is that Lippert is no longer supplying this particular exit window to Escape.

Escape says exit windows with an opening lever and bug screens have not been permitted for Canadian manufacturers, but that Escape was grandfathered to continue installing them. Once - in Escape’s version of things - Lippert stopped supplying them that specific model, Escape now must follow the code. That’s their story, anyway.

Hope that helps.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:42 PM   #39

Trailer: 2023 E19
I work in the Canadian residential fenestration industry. I suspect that there are comparable regulations present for emergency-exist RV widows that exist for egress-rated residential windows. Though I can't speak for the RV industry, the residential standards are constantly evolving, and it certainly wouldn't surprise me that requirements may have recently changed.

It's also plausible that Lippert may still be permitted to sell the previous design in the US (but not Canada), or they may be able to sell directly to owners for replacement/retrofit purposes....but not directly to the new-build manufacturers.

It also wouldn't surprise that the difference in ETI's cost between the old and new style window would be virtually identical....hence their reluctance to issue any type of credit.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:56 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
I work in the Canadian residential fenestration industry. I suspect that there are comparable regulations present for emergency-exist RV widows that exist for egress-rated residential windows. Though I can't speak for the RV industry, the residential standards are constantly evolving, and it certainly wouldn't surprise me that requirements may have recently changed.

It's also plausible that Lippert may still be permitted to sell the previous design in the US (but not Canada), or they may be able to sell directly to owners for replacement/retrofit purposes....but not directly to the new-build manufacturers.

It also wouldn't surprise that the difference in ETI's cost between the old and new style window would be virtually identical....hence their reluctance to issue any type of credit.
Samuel admitted it was less and denied the credit. Being that he said it was a small amount tells me a whole lot about Escape Trailers.