ETI's strange build process - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2021, 11:17 AM   #61

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Whatever the details behind the scenes, one could easily get the impression that ETI is a rather stressful workplace these days for everyone across the board. Could be wrong, hope I am for the sake of all the folks there and their customers.

I don't feel part of an 'Escape family' but I do feel I developed some long-distance friendships with certain staff during my purchase process. I wish nothing but the best for those folks.
Old 09-15-2021, 12:07 PM   #62

Trailer: 2022 Escape 17B (planned)
If supply chains are uncertain some (most?) manufacturers will continue to build (if you have the storage capacity) to expose any other problems you are unaware of. Otherwise you get a nasty surprise near the end of the build when your JIT supplier has an issue.
JimCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:06 PM   #63

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
its really hard running any business right now - try running a nursing home its pretty terrible !
I need to retire my retirement date is May 2022 wish it was earlier. its been a really tough few years.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:48 PM   #64

Trailer: 2022 E19
Crazy times all over..............

My original GCD was 6/2023 and a ECD of 5/2022.

So, I knowingly signed up for a long term wait.

CDR2.1 now stands at 6/2022

If ETI needs to move that back out to insure quality, so be it.

But, I'll likely be on my 14,206th build sheet version by then!

7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #65

Trailer: 2017 F250
The global supply is not running well. Think about the examples we have seen in the news: chips for cars etc. Every but he seems to be having supply problems. Look at Walmart shelves. I was traveling out west this summer and I was surprised to see how many Walmart shelves were empty. It’s a problem, a really big problem. I can’t say if the approach Escape is taking his optimal, but it is probably rational.
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:59 PM   #66

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Re: Supply chain issues, and store stocking:

It's 3 months and 10 days until Xmas. Got your shopping done yet?
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:24 PM   #67
JCB

Trailer: Tbd
Good luck speaking to them, they won’t answer your calls!
I have emailed and called 4 times but no response!
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:39 PM   #68

Trailer: Escape 21 (2017)
I spoke to the factory about a different issue last week. The topic of parts shortages came up. Evidently said shortages are affecting their ability to build trailers at the moment. Perhaps this is the cause?
drmemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #69

Trailer: 2020 19’ Still Long Gone
We received our 19’ last October. It was a month late because the awnings were in a supply chain backup. Stuff happens in both manufacturer and customer lives that is unforeseen. Waiting is hard but we all waited through 2020 and can camp now. Sympathy for the waiters, it is like a delayed Christmas when you are 5 years old.
Catherine
outwiththedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:34 PM   #70

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Just wanted to add our experience. Had a GCD of September 1st for a 5.0 and everything went as advertised - it was delivered to the transportation company on the Friday September 3rd, and we picked the trailer up in Sacramento and drove it home as scheduled on Tuesday the 7th. We might have been lucky to slip through the COVID related bottlenecks and shortages. Overall our experience has been really good. We received progress pictures daily during the main part of the interior build, then a pause in the updates until the final work was done just before delivery when we received a compete set of pictures of the completed trailer - even final pictures of the trailer once loaded on the truck for delivery. Can’t really imagine that sort of thing happening with a normal manufacturer. Only one small error in the completed trailer (seat cushions were suppose to have two sided fabric and instead had the standard one sided) - they caught the mistake during a final inspection and Samuel called us to inform us and apologize for the mistake and see how he could make it right - it was not a big deal to us… The fit and finish of the trailer is above what I expected. Since it is normal post and and have questions when things go wrong, just thought I’d share our experience where everything went smoothly. I work in the airline industry and COVID related issues certainly are giving us more than the usual challenges, so I’m doubly impressed at the effort Escape seems to be making in this environment.
robjones101@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:44 PM   #71

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Rob,
To our little world and Escape ownership.....
Old 09-16-2021, 04:59 PM   #72

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones101@gmail.com View Post
- they caught the mistake during a final inspection and Karl called us to inform us and apologize for the mistake and see how he could make it right - it was not a big deal to us….
Whoa, you mean the President of the company called personally to inform you of the error and apologize? That’s impressive!

Thank you for posting positive news.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:07 PM   #73

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Oops, had to edit the post! It was Samuel who called… I was still impressed - said the mistake was theirs and wanted to know how they could make it right. Again, it wasn’t a big deal to us and we were refunded the price difference with his apologies for the mistake. With all the customization that goes into each trailer this was pretty trivial to us and I was glad to know they’re double checking things before they ship.
robjones101@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:13 PM   #74

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Well, a little less impressive but still nice that they reached out to you. Good luck, and good travels with your Escape trailer!
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #75

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Re: Supply chain issues, and store stocking:

It's 3 months and 10 days until Xmas. Got your shopping done yet?
Like my brother says “I didn’t know your size but cash always fits.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-16-2021, 08:44 PM   #76

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Batteries and tires are virtually non existent. Kinda hard to deliver one on blocks and hand the buyer a flashlight.

Some appreciation for Escape's situation instead of criticism might be helpful.

Im sure theyre doing the best they can.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:33 PM   #77

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
So I just got THE EMAIL from Escape on my 12/2/2021 completion date. Seems my new “maybe” guaranteed completion date is 01/11/2022. So there goes a huge wrench in my winter in AZ and I’m not at all happy. They didn’t mention anything except staffing issues. I’m thinking Escapes big idea about doubling their production is falling flat on its face. I also noticed they sent the email out 20 minutes after they closed for the day. I’m thinking my new guaranteed date is so wishy washy I’m not betting any money on it.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:07 AM   #78

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
So I just got THE EMAIL from Escape on my 12/2/2021 completion date. Seems my new “maybe” guaranteed completion date is 01/11/2022. So there goes a huge wrench in my winter in AZ and I’m not at all happy. They didn’t mention anything except staffing issues. I’m thinking Escapes big idea about doubling their production is falling flat on its face. I also noticed they sent the email out 20 minutes after they closed for the day. I’m thinking my new guaranteed date is so wishy washy I’m not betting any money on it.
I seem to recall that our email dropped the use of the term “guaranteed”. Even our email confirming our new pickup date had a ton of caveats in it.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:22 AM   #79

Trailer: Looking to Buy
We received an email last night that ETI will not make our GCD. They are now "estimating" a six-week delay. The email points to labor shortages as the primary reason for this delay.

The email also included the following video link. Maybe this will help clear up some of the speculation?
JStaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:45 AM   #80

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hate to say this but there are shortages all over the economy, even Amazon is showing some back orders, sign of the times......instant gratification is slowing down!