Moving to the dark side tongue in cheek - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2021, 07:56 AM   #61

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
One last Bigfoot comment: The 2022 BOCI rally in the Black Hills is scheduled for Sept. 11-16, site TBD yet. We were a bit shocked to see the “fee” for the past rallies has been around $450 per site, but found out that this covered the site reservation for 5 nights plus common meals. It looks like you have to pay when you sign up. More info is supposed to come to BOCI members by email in April, 2022.
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 08:22 AM   #62

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
One last Bigfoot comment: The 2022 BOCI rally in the Black Hills is scheduled for Sept. 11-16, site TBD yet. We were a bit shocked to see the “fee” for the past rallies has been around $450 per site, but found out that this covered the site reservation for 5 nights plus common meals. It looks like you have to pay when you sign up. More info is supposed to come to BOCI members by email in April, 2022.
Thanks
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 08:30 AM   #63

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
The last word, I joined this forum 5 years or so ago before I bought my Escape 21. I learned a lot from very generous members, some of whom had not yet purchased, some from other owners of different trailers. There’s been posts by former owners of Escapes who switched brands etc. I have helped a few members as well as been helped by other members. Generosity is a trait I value in my friends and those I interact with. So those of you have been generous and helpful thank you. No more needs to be said.
So in conclusion, with the possible exception of the 5.0 all those who own or are on the waiting list for a pod really should be looking for some Bigfoot love….
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #64

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
So in conclusion, with the possible exception of the 5.0 all those who own or are on the waiting list for a pod really should be looking for some Bigfoot love….

Why do you keep clicking on this thread?

Its obvious you're very agitated by it so continuing to open it and respond to it seems to defy logic.

There's some info here in this thread that is uninteresting to me, so I skip over it. If I really was put off by it I would stop opening the thread.

No moderators have warned them to stop speaking of Bigfoot and the reason for that is that there are no rules on this site that prevent them from speaking of other trailers. If you do think that the people in this thread are doing something wrong then click on the red triangle over there to the left and report the post to the moderators.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #65
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This thread is in General Escape, we can discuss nearly anything in this forum topic. Just like no one is required to read anything, no one is required to respond in any thread. Free will, scroll on by if the topic doesn't interest you.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 01:33 PM   #66

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
Interesting. I have found this forum so useful to me in making my decision to buy an Escape. There are some people on this forum that have forgotten more about trailers than I will ever know.
One thing I have found is there is no perfect solution to anything. There are always pluses and minuses. By looking at all options one can make a decision that works for them.

Discussing Bigfoot, Casita or any other trailers is just more information in which you can make an informed decision. The fact the forum is open to such discussions in my view is Fantatic.
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 01:44 PM   #67

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
At the bottom of the page is this: This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:38 PM   #68

Trailer: Escape
It is not against the rules to speak of other trailers…as long as you speak ill of them.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 02:40 PM   #69

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
At the bottom of the page is this: This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

All true, just as it’s true if someone wants to post information that’s going to drop the resale value of Escape trailers I believe they could be so kind as not to do it on this particular site.

Someone has decided all things considered the Bigfoot is a much better option than the pod style Escapes are. Ok, good for them, but there are many people who have a lot invested in the Escape model.

My opinion to a thread is that it’s less than distasteful to influence people against purchasing an Escape on a forum clearly marked Escape, and some people on this thread have been convinced to turn to purchasing a Bigfoot.

If that bothers anyone feel free to skip it and not respond…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 02:43 PM   #70

My daughter has a simple quote, be nice
By the way I was an Escape Ambassador and showed my trailer number of times, at least two observers ordered. I also got more from my Trailer than I paid for it. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:05 PM   #71
Site Team

The ONLY all-molded trailer I'd sell/trade my Escape 5.0TA for is a Bigfoot. Not just any Bigfoot, but a Bigfoot Silver Cloud. Not any other model of Escape, including the upcoming 23' nor Oliver nor... none. But the chances of a BF Silver Cloud showing up are almost zero. And they are all now 35 years old... So yeah, IMHO I settled for second best and happy to do so. YMMV
Old 12-26-2021, 03:29 PM   #72

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
All true, just as it’s true if someone wants to post information that’s going to drop the resale value of Escape trailers I believe they could be so kind as not to do it on this particular site.

Someone has decided all things considered the Bigfoot is a much better option than the pod style Escapes are. Ok, good for them, but there are many people who have a lot invested in the Escape model.

If anything the exact opposite is true in this case. How is a trailer that costs nearly 50% more than a well optioned Escape going to hurt resale value for the lower priced trailer? The only way it could is if the higher priced trailer was of such a higher quality and had so much more available in its base pricing that it ended up being a overwhelmingly better deal. This is not the case here. The high prices of the Bigfoot and Oliver are helping to boost the prices both new and used ETI trailers. The reason for this is the great quality and affordability that the Escapes provide for a much lower entry cost.

Is it possible that those much more expensive trailers offer more space, somewhat better quality or maybe a few more options than an Escape? Well if I'm paying that kind of money to get into one I'd hope so.

I get the impression that even ETI doesn't consider Bigfoot or Oliver to be direct competitors because they are so far above the prices of Escapes offerings.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 04:04 PM   #73

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
But the chances of a BF Silver Cloud showing up are almost zero. And they are all now 35 years old... So yeah, IMHO I settled for second best and happy to do so. YMMV
What happen to "swoon, swoon, swoon" over the 5.0TA

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #74
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
What happen to "swoon, swoon, swoon" over the 5.0TA

Ron
I still swoon. Since the BF Silver Cloud is a pipe dream. Seriously, love the one you're with!
Old 12-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #75

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
I could afford a Bigfoot, Airstream, Oliver, or whatever. Not a Bolus.

We chose an Escape because it was the trailer we wanted. The E19 was the most efficient floorplan that gave us the things we specifically wanted for the lowest weight and size.

Oliver was interesting, but their Elite I didn't work as a floorplan for us and the Elite II was a hell of a lot bigger and heavier to give us the things we wanted in the E19.

Bigfoots were ruled out fast mainly because they clearly prioritize a lot of things in the layout that appeal to other people, not us. And to get to what would work for us (the 25' models) we are into needing a truck two sizes bigger than I want to own.

Discussing all these models doesn't do anything to raise nor lower your resale value. There's a trailer for every buyer, and these days at least a buyer for every trailer. One person may swoon for a Bigfoot, while another (me) doesn't see the appeal.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #76

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Seven year itch, maybe?
Old 12-26-2021, 04:23 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
If anything the exact opposite is true in this case. How is a trailer that costs nearly 50% more than a well optioned Escape going to hurt resale value for the lower priced trailer? The only way it could is if the higher priced trailer was of such a higher quality and had so much more available in its base pricing that it ended up being a overwhelmingly better deal. This is not the case here. The high prices of the Bigfoot and Oliver are helping to boost the prices both new and used ETI trailers. The reason for this is the great quality and affordability that the Escapes provide for a much lower entry cost.

Is it possible that those much more expensive trailers offer more space, somewhat better quality or maybe a few more options than an Escape? Well if I'm paying that kind of money to get into one I'd hope so.

I get the impression that even ETI doesn't consider Bigfoot or Oliver to be direct competitors because they are so far above the prices of Escapes offerings.
Our desire for more room and better insulation was a factor, as I stated before we were very interested in the upcoming 23 but are too old to wait for 2 years for a new trailer. It will be interesting to see what the pricing is on the 23 as Escape has stated this will be a premium offering, I expect the price to be similar to what we are paying for the Bigfoot. I think Escape trailers are fine and we enjoyed ours, we want more room and are not sticky buyers. Airstreams are out our price range and we didn't like the Oliver layout. Somehow this thread has been construed that I am trying to convince new buyers not to get an Escape, I helped Escape sell at least two more that I know of. . But whatever, is just a thread not a mission. There's a trailer for everyone budget and desire I expect. The nice couple who bought ours got a fair deal and a well maintained and upgraded trailer. As Donna say love the one your with. Enjoy your upcoming delivery !
Old 12-26-2021, 07:41 PM   #78

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I wish the next new Escape design includes a trolly car roof center that makes head room inside a nice 6 ft 8 inches high. That would get my attention.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:59 PM   #79

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I wish the next new Escape design includes a trolly car roof center that makes head room inside a nice 6 ft 8 inches high. That would get my attention.
Standing at 5'8" on a good day that feature would be completely lost on me!
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 08:17 PM   #80

Trailer: 2008 BigfootRV 25B21RB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
Thank you! I might be able to make some plans this way.

FYI -- WHEN AND WHERE IS THE EVENT?
This is an annual event that happens the last Friday in September at Custer State Park, located near Custer in southwestern South Dakota. Be sure to to determine which viewing area you will be going to prior to arriving at the park on Friday morning.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2022 – 57TH ANNIVERSARY
Gates Open at 6:15 a.m.
Round Up Begins at 9:30 a.m.
Branding and Sorting Begins at 1:00 p.m.

https://www.travelsouthdakota.com/tr...uffalo-roundup
Charles
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote