Quality - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #121

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
LBaranyai We chose not to put the front decal on our 2014 17B. I thought we were the only ones! We have been very happy with our little trailer!
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:18 PM   #122

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I don't have the front decal on my 17A. it shows through the window when the rock guard is down. I didn't think of it in advance, but I would have been fine with the decal above the window up near the roofline.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:42 AM   #123

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
LBaranyai We chose not to put the front decal on our 2014 17B. I thought we were the only ones! We have been very happy with our little trailer!
Howdy neighbour! Yes, on one of our years later visits, Tammy told us a couple of newer owners had requested no decal. Actually a couple of years after buying our trailer, a guy wanted to know what kind of trailer it was. When I told him it was an Escape, he said “I’ve seen those before and yours doesn’t look like one”. I had to explain I didn’t have the decal because I didn’t want it on front. I think he was almost offended!
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:44 PM   #124

Trailer: None
Hi All, we picked up our new 21C in June. I have been reading this thread and felt compelled to post our experiences after two camping trips, not including our trip back from picking it up in MT. Well, actually, we did discover a major leak coming back from the bathroom vent. It rained quite a lot on the way home, and the toilet filled up every time it rained! ETI did supply the materials to fix it after we returned home quite quickly. The point is, the vent was not put on correctly to begin with. It took about two hours to scrape off all the caulk, clean the vent. and redo it correctly. The next thing that happened was this weekend. We opened the closet and there was a terrible sewer gas smell. Some folks on the FB forum have chimed in as to the cause. I have read here that the black tank possibly overflows into the gray? Is that legal for the U.S.? A question for ETI certainly. But, in any case, a gas smell should not be there. We were off grid camping and came home with the gray tank about 75 percent full. It pushed the shower plug out and sloshed all over the shower floor. Yuck. The SeeLevel does not work on the black tank, so that's another fix. I guess the quality of the Escape only has to do with the fibreglass shell. Too much to expect workmanship of everything else to be high quality? Don't get me wrong, we do enjoy the trailer, but one doesn't expect lots of problems right off the bat!
terter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #125

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by terter View Post
Hi All, we picked up our new 21C in June. I have been reading this thread and felt compelled to post our experiences after two camping trips, not including our trip back from picking it up in MT. Well, actually, we did discover a major leak coming back from the bathroom vent. It rained quite a lot on the way home, and the toilet filled up every time it rained! ETI did supply the materials to fix it after we returned home quite quickly. The point is, the vent was not put on correctly to begin with. It took about two hours to scrape off all the caulk, clean the vent. and redo it correctly. The next thing that happened was this weekend. We opened the closet and there was a terrible sewer gas smell. Some folks on the FB forum have chimed in as to the cause. I have read here that the black tank possibly overflows into the gray? Is that legal for the U.S.? A question for ETI certainly. But, in any case, a gas smell should not be there. We were off grid camping and came home with the gray tank about 75 percent full. It pushed the shower plug out and sloshed all over the shower floor. Yuck. The SeeLevel does not work on the black tank, so that's another fix. I guess the quality of the Escape only has to do with the fibreglass shell. Too much to expect workmanship of everything else to be high quality? Don't get me wrong, we do enjoy the trailer, but one doesn't expect lots of problems right off the bat!
Wow that sounds awful!

I would definitely include all plumbing, holding tanks and electrical/wiring when describing "build quality". Not just fiberglass shell and cabinetry etc.

I've noticed that on Google "Escape trailer industries" has 57 5 star reviews. It would be beneficial if those receiving trailers with significant issues went and gave a lower star rating and review. The review comments are usually replied to by Escape so we know they're seeing the feedback there. As are a lot of potential customers. Not sure they're seeing the feedback given on this forum. The only way to get through to Escape that we want quality over speed is to influence their bottom line.

Thank you for posting!
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:55 PM   #126

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Before we start trashing Escapes perhaps starting a new thread with issues shown and disposition of the issues would be beneficial to others......... remember Escape does not read the posts nor do they respond here on the forum.......
Old 08-13-2021, 08:44 PM   #127

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Before we start trashing Escapes perhaps starting a new thread with issues shown and disposition of the issues would be beneficial to others......... remember Escape does not read the posts nor do they respond here on the forum.......
It wasn't my intent to trash on Escape (or their trailers if that's what you meant by writing it in plural). I was trying to empathize with the poster about how frustrating that would be to have a new trailer that smells. I'm extremely excited to get our families 21NE but I'm also worried that what feels like the last RV manufacturer to make a quality product is slipping towards speed over quality.

I think we can all agree that Escape is now a company being directed by an investment firm and providing honest reviews on Google is an effective way to bring about change. There have been posts recently about quality issues after people pick up their trailers. Escape has the ability to slow down and increase quality control. I think people are much more upset about hearing about quality control issues than slower time lines to get a trailer.

We wouldn't all be on this forum if we weren't excited about the trailers.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:33 PM   #128

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Here's the problem. Somebody posts and it gets repeated: "I have read here that the black tank possibly overflows into the gray"?

Even when it's not true.

There may be an issue with the venting of grey and black tanks. Or, there might not. My trailer is a 2009 and a different model. Not much point in me commenting, or you reading my comment or somebody re-posting it.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:09 PM   #129

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Here’s another problem that no one probably wants to discuss. Totally non-biased discussions on issues like quality cannot really happen when some owners are regularly showing their trailers and being paid by ETI for referrals. It’s a cheap sales force for ETI but as soon as one accepts money from a company to help sell trailers their posts can no longer be considered unbiased IMO. I’m not blaming the people who do it. It’s just the reality of the situation.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:20 PM   #130

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
And, the reality is, in 12 years, I've showed my trailer twice, maybe three times. I also dragged it over to check out a buyer's heavily sloped drive to make sure it could handle it ( it was already hooked up from a trip ). For all that, I got two cheques ( $200 CAD ).

Showing your trailer is a pain in the butt.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:42 AM   #131

I'm at the other extreme, I enjoy showing my trailer and without one right now, miss it. You get to understand the prospective owner and whether Escape is right for them. Probably demonstrated mine dozens of times over past 10 years.
Old 08-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #132

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Here’s another problem that no one probably wants to discuss. Totally non-biased discussions on issues like quality cannot really happen when some owners are regularly showing their trailers and being paid by ETI for referrals. It’s a cheap sales force for ETI but as soon as one accepts money from a company to help sell trailers their posts can no longer be considered unbiased IMO. I’m not blaming the people who do it. It’s just the reality of the situation.
Interesting perspective, and likely you're correct in at least some instances, but I'd suggest that the opinion I've highlighted in bold is not a given; I take it as an honest opinion I may not share (I don't automatically discount the objectivity of a person who may have accepted a referral check from ETI, and maybe you don't either).

I may well enlist in the 'Ambassador program' simply so I can provide the 'pay it forward' service of allowing prospective buyers the opportunity to see one (I greatly benefitted from seeing Escapes before I ordered, including being apprised of some less-than-favorable-issues those owners shared). I'll note that not a single owner showing me a trailer mentioned entering them as a "referral" on my order.

>>>> Whatever ETI's expectations, I don't view the "Ambassador" role as one of 'salesperson' in service to ETI, but a rather role of 'sharing information and experiences, both good and bad', in service to prospective buyers. YMMV. <<<<

If a buyer chooses to enter me as a "referral" on their order, and ETI chooses to send me a check, that's fine, but I won't solicit that nor will it compromise my integrity or preclude sharing my Escape experiences "warts and all" with folks viewing my trailer.

Not claiming I or others can maintain 'absolute ("total") lack of bias' / 'perfect objectivity' but IMO it's not a given that accepting a token from ETI means intentional or even subconscious bias follows (one can consciously work to avoid that if motivated by good intents in service to others).

Maybe I'm a naïve exception but I think (OK, "hope") not. Methinks folks will have to judge, from the overall content, context, and trend of my posts here, whether my 'reporting', be it positive or negative, suffers from blinding bias in favor of (or against) ETI, and IMO that's generally discernable here with regular following of posts.

I do find it unfortunate that some folks seem motivated to automatically discount any comment which might be construed as reflecting less-than-favorably on ETI, and there do seem to be a few of those individuals IMO. But that as well as the positive and negative reports is just the stuff one must sift-through and judge when gathering info from any source about any product.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:08 AM   #133

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
“Series”

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Here's the problem. Somebody posts and it gets repeated: "I have read here that the black tank possibly overflows into the gray"?

Even when it's not true.

There may be an issue with the venting of grey and black tanks. Or, there might not. My trailer is a 2009 and a different model. Not much point in me commenting, or you reading my comment or somebody re-posting it.
I’m in agreement with Glenn here. Over the years I’ve noticed that recurring problems occur within models, model years or changes made in components or installation methods. On our 2010 19 we had one of the “defective” door locks, that problem “went away”. There was a short period of time when low point drains were installed on 21s, and the toilet flush valve changed and didn’t drain. Then it froze and split in the winter. That problem went away when the low point drain was eliminated and positive winterization occurred. So yes, there are manufacturing deficiencies now and in the past too. I’ve discovered my share of problems. I have figured out the problem and the solution. And when I saw reference to it happening to someone else I’ve offered up my experience including the solution. Next time you’re out in your Escape in a campground, from your lawn chair watch the speed of folks driving though the CG especially if they are not camped there. Watch h them slow to a crawl as they pass your Escape both directions. Wave at them, acknowledging their interest. Often they will stop and ask about your trailer. Same thing happens in gas stations, rest stops, slow food joints etc. By owning an Escape you become an Ambassador whether you know it or not. Have fun, meet new people and learn their interests. Having conversations with campers I’ve met
Coon hunters, railroad buffs, car guys, dog people, especially dog people, and people retired from all sorts of interesting careers. Have fun and be safe.
Iowa Dave.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:17 AM   #134

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
On yesterday's YouTube video Karl said he does read this forum on occasion, but does not respond or comment on what he reads.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:30 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytony1985 View Post
On yesterday's YouTube video Karl said he does read this forum on occasion, but does not respond or comment on what he reads.
Hello Karl, have a good one.........!
Old 08-14-2021, 09:54 AM   #136

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Hmm, I am in the Ambassador program and have shown my trailer to about 6 or 7 couples over the ownership, I got one check for 80.00 us. Hardly an incentive to oversell the trailer and actually I resent the suggestion that I might gloss over any issues for the price of an hour of my labor in my retirement consulting. I outline the issues I have had up until, the visit, which have been minor and somewhat expected in a rolling home. Could there be improvements in construction? Some, mainly electrical design and plumbing. Have I had major issues with either, no. Though after 4 years the black tank is seeping at the joint and will be dealt with next week. All appliances have worked perfectly with the exception of a bad control board on the water heater replaced under warranty. No leaks, except the above mentioned. I would like to see a schematic included for each build, perhaps electric in plastic conduit for the hard to get to pulls, but truthfully I have had no issues with the12 volt systems.

To me being an Ambassador does not imply hard sales, I wouldn’t do it if that was an expectation. Maintain the trailer is paramount, as with any vehicle, if we move up the line to a 23 or a Bigfoot (which we are contemplating), I’d have no hesitancy selling this one with out trepidation that I was passing along a pile of problems.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:37 AM   #137

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
I guess the modest financial gains from the ambassador program could lead some people to cheerlead, but I doubt it. It's just not enough money for that.

More likely what you run into on the internet for Escape is the same thing you run into in enthusiast sites for just about anything.
1) I'm a smart person, I make good decisions
2) I decided to buy product X
3) Therefore, produce X is a great product, and naturally the best choice.

Come along and tell me product X sucks, and I'll fight you. Because admitting it sucks will cause me psychological pain.

People will fight you a lot harder to avoid confronting that they may have been wrong than they will fight you for a few hundred bucks.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #138

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I like reading contrary observations. It gives me perspective, helps me avoid or at least prepare for the unexpected. I try to avoid the life's too short people but, they can be fun. Everyone has a navel. Some are innies, some are outies. That's life.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:08 AM   #139

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Get with the program Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I like reading contrary observations. It gives me perspective, helps me avoid or at least prepare for the unexpected. I try to avoid the life's too short people but, they can be fun. Everyone has a navel. Some are innies, some are outies. That's life.
Hi: MyronL... I look at it quite simply. Everyone's entitled to "My" opinion!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 11:14 AM   #140

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Roger that, Alf - keep riding that scooter!
Attached Thumbnails
Escapedog2.jpg