Strategic Partner - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #1

Trailer: ?
Strategic Partner

I noticed in the cover letter that came with the beautiful calendar, that Escape had joined forces with a ‘strategic partner ‘ in 2018

In the business community, that often means ceding some control in return for some cash. A very common business arrangement.

Here is an interesting read.

A help wanted ad. for a president of ETI.

https://optimumtalent.com/opportunit...ndustries-ltd/

Probably yesterday’s news to the Escape old timers, but news to me.

Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
New Job

I think about 90% of the people who post on here every day ought to apply to be the Presidente. I mean, how hard could it be? Seems like everybody who whines and crabs everyday, here’s your opportunity to make things right. Personally, I got too much Kool-aid to drink, fish to catch and camping to do. If each year of camping counted for a year of experience I’d have better than 50 like a lot other people. So as my old friend Edward H. Scanlon, one of the giants in American Municipal Arboriculture used to say on job openings “ OK lads and lassies, here’s a chance to show them what you’re made of. “
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #3

Trailer: none
Hmmm, that could be good news, or bad.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Hmmm, that could be good news, or bad.
...“The President will be a hands-on leader, responsible for leading the transition of ETI from a founder-led business model to a process-driven organization focused on continued growth in the demand of the ETI brand while also scaling up production. The President will work internally to identify and implement initiatives related to profitability improvements, growth opportunities and efficiencies.”

This sounds like “let’s make more profit by selling more trailers with less customization and customer interaction”.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
It's good news. Tammy and Reace are staying on and have been in their positions for many months.
They sold a significant share of the company to another company that had already bought a significant share of Northern Lite.
"We have a great relationship with Northern Lite as it was a Father and Son operated business. And since KVP merged with them over a year ago we have been watching very closely. We turned down their request for partnership twice but then we saw the benefits they have created for Keith at Northern Lite and thought --- that would sure be nice".
The combined companies mean more purchasing power and more support.

Ever thought about a four season trailer? Maybe longer than a 21?

OK, I made the last sentence up.
Main thing is, the new owners are not Thor.

https://northern-lite.com/About-Us.php
Old 12-07-2018, 10:47 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Was just a matter of time for many reasons- not least of which was the matter of employees who actually crank out the end product. Was curious about the help wanted ad mentioned by the OP and searched " Escape Trailer Industries Help Wanted" and found this:

https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Escape-Tra...stries/reviews
Old 12-07-2018, 11:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Was just a matter of time

You again?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:11 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Old 12-07-2018, 11:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
. This sounds like “let’s make more profit by selling more trailers with less customization and customer interaction”.
I see more standardization of models and less available options in order to increase production rates , streamline manufacturing processes , implement better quality & inventory control and finally increase profit margins .
I’ve worked for three privately held / family owned businesses who turned over control of their business in order to get working capital . In the end it did not work out well for anyone involved except the holding company .

Hopefully it will work out for ETI , its’ employees and its’ customers ,
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:33 AM   #10

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about product changes. A direction toward less customization would be reasonable, but that has already been occuring.

As a company gets larger, it becomes more difficult for founding owner/operators to stay on top of everything, and it becomes more apparent which functions really need specialized skills and experience. It only makes sense to make this sort of transition, and if done properly it should allow Reace and Tammy to concentrate on the aspects of the business which best suit them... or to transition to retirement, which they have earned by now. Whatever their intentions, I wish them well.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:36 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... We need one of those "Reviews" done on this forum. Questions like
1- Belittling the company.
2- " the product.
Etc.
No wonder the Mgmt wants away!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
if done properly it should allow Reace and Tammy to concentrate on the aspects of the business which best suit them... or to transition to retirement, which they have earned by now. Whatever their intentions, I wish them well.

Having known them for ten years now, I know that they really do like their customers. That's the part of the business they enjoy and will continue to enjoy.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: All... We need one of those "Reviews" done on this forum. Questions like
1- Belittling the company.
2- " the product.
Etc.
No wonder the Mgmt wants away!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

I spent 42 years bitching about my employer, but we did it over beers at the Press Club.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:27 AM   #14

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Change is a constant no matter what we are talking about and at the rate Escape was growing this was inevitable I think. The question will be how much control Tammy and Reace still have when it comes to day to day decisions.
One of the main questions I would have that I've not heard anyone wonder is will they change their distribution model and will they start having authorized dealers in the US? You notice it said in the President add about their growth in the US so I wonder. Then if this is something they do change is that bad or good for us that love Escape? I would think good because then places other then the factory that can work on them. I would also think good because I would think this would drive up sales price because the dealer selling it needs to make a profit, I know Big Foot sells through dealers.
As a business owner myself I pray one day my company gets big enough someone wants to buy it. Time will tell how this effects the product at the brand going forward but like someone said earlier Reace and Tammy should be proud of what they built and deserve this next step.

Safe and fun travels to all.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:42 AM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I view this as a good thing for Reace & Tammy and the manufacturing component as well. I've known other entrepreneurs in my life, but none were harder working than these two. They are never off-line or out of touch with their customers. It's time for them to enjoy the fruits of their labor. Will there be changes? Of course. But I doubt it will be so drastic we won't recognize the company. The only time I ever see that happening is when they sell the rest of the company and head off into the sunset. And even then, a buying company always tries to build on an acquired company's success.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:58 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I was aware of this sometime ago. When Escape posted that they would no longer offer thermal windows I was put on the list for the last bunch, to be made in January. Then they retracted and stated they would offer both types of windows and naturally I moved my completion closed to the rally in the springtime. Well they then tried to assert a penalty for my change which did not taste too good. After speaking with Tammy and pointing out their back and forth window decision was the blame, she acquiesced. It was this discussion where she mentioned that Escape brought in a new partner who was now inputting their decision making on the window situation.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:17 AM   #17

Trailer: none
Perhaps an influx of cash will at least allow them to fix the crooked nose "problem" on the 5.0, yes? They could then call it the 5.1.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Perhaps an influx of cash will at least allow them to fix the crooked nose "problem" on the 5.0, yes? They could then call it the 5.1.
See post #11. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:35 AM   #19

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
HHmm,
President of ETI, that would be a feather in my cap!! Hopefully a camper user will apply....
Old 12-08-2018, 09:02 AM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Escape trailers have been constantly evolving and I this is just another step in the process. I have said for ages that I thought Reace and Tammy were too involved. Trying to balance a personal influence along with a professional one is not too hard to do when smaller, but as you grow it becomes too much.

Any investor is going to recognize the merits of what Escape has to offer, and will work to improve what already has been built. Not much to improve on the product as is, only minor changes. No doubt though there will be future new product developments.

I look forward to checking out the new Escape 25, with the front twin beds.

I wish Tammy and Reace, as well as the new look of Escape Trailers all the best.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote