What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 71 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2021, 04:00 PM   #1401

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
There is a lot of hype about waxes and how long they are effective at adding a layer of protection. Even, gasp!, Meguiar's G18220 Ultimate Liquid Wax. I re-wax every 4 to 5 months. Mequiar's is a joy to work with especially if you link it up with a pre-made quart of Margarita with ice handy. Some get wiping and rubbing off music such as from Three Dog Night or BeauSoleil will keep you in rhythm. As a prelude consider Mequiar's Ultimate Polish.

Wipe on and wipe off. I put my drink on a non skid piece of micro fiber cloth. Hasn't fallen off the roof of the RV yet.

You can thank me later with a couple of beers if we ever meet post COVID.
Nice
I’ve met BeauSoeill boys back in the day when I ran folk festivals
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:15 PM   #1402
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Nice
I’ve met BeauSoeill boys back in the day when I ran folk festivals
If you dig Beausoleil, check out Tom Rigney and the Sundogs recordings from the 80s/90s...

Tom Rigney currently tours with Flambeau
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:50 PM   #1403

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Installed these today to move the shade mounting in the kitchen window back 3/4" so my glass cooktop wouldn't fall and shatter. Search Amazon for RV pleated shade spool, lots of options, pretty cheap.

And I fabricated a shim for the screen door latch to more securely anchor the door when closed.
Attached Thumbnails
Shades.JPG  
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:35 PM   #1404

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Dummy pin

Made a dummy 5th wheel pin to lift the hitch out of the truck. A couple of pieces of pipe, a heavy washer, a bolt and an eye. Welded together, a bit of lathe work and paint. I had all of the parts, so I did not have to buy anything. Will use it tomorrow as I need the bed of the truck clear temporarily. I have a hoist to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01036.jpg  
Old 08-30-2021, 08:03 AM   #1405

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
Installed these today to move the shade mounting in the kitchen window back 3/4" so my glass cooktop wouldn't fall and shatter. Search Amazon for RV pleated shade spool, lots of options, pretty cheap.

And I fabricated a shim for the screen door latch to more securely anchor the door when closed.
Not sure what the issue is/was, does the glass stove top hit these blind buttons?
Old 08-30-2021, 08:08 AM   #1406

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Not sure what the issue is/was, does the glass stove top hit these blind buttons?
Yep. The glass top won't lean back with the OEM shade hardware, it stands straight up. Any movement like walking can bring it crashing down. These lower profile spools allow just enough backward lean to prevent that.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:10 AM   #1407

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
Yep. The glass top won't lean back with the OEM shade hardware, it stands straight up. Any movement like walking can bring it crashing down. These lower profile spools allow just enough backward lean to prevent that.
Understood, thanks for explaining that issue, another one for my list to discuss with factory..........
Old 08-31-2021, 05:21 PM   #1408

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
metal valve stems installed

Put the new 5.0 on jackstands and carried all 5 wheels to Discount Tire for metal-stem installation (OE were standard rubber). Now I can use the stem-mounted TPMS with confidence (EezTire model 618 to cover both the trailer and my pre-OE TPMS 2005 F150).

Discount Tire had put new Michelins with metal stems on the F150 just before my pickup trip last week, they did the trailers stems and re-balance 'gratis'

BTW, my wheels as delivered by ETI were balanced (weights on the back of the wheels), which was re-done as part of the stem install per Discount Tire SOP.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:25 PM   #1409

Trailer: Escape 17 B second generation 2016
We replaced our range hood fan with one that doesn’t extend out from the cabinets. The original had too many run ins with foreheads. The added benefit is that it is quieter and has a nice LED light.
It comes from Australia
Sphere Stainless Steel Rangehood with Touch Control TCR-003
Purchased from Outback Equipment
Attached Thumbnails
2DDE918F-FCEC-4E1B-882E-D4214EC35860.jpeg  
Old 08-31-2021, 07:36 PM   #1410

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrewer View Post
We replaced our range hood fan with one that doesn’t extend out from the cabinets. The original had too many run ins with foreheads. The added benefit is that it is quieter and has a nice LED light.
It comes from Australia
Sphere Stainless Steel Rangehood with Touch Control TCR-003
Purchased from Outback Equipment
Great find and looks nice. When looking previously at rangehoods it seemed impossible to get anyone to ship internationally. Here is a link to the hood for the convenience of others:
http://www.outbackequipment.com.au/s...h-touch-contro
Old 08-31-2021, 07:51 PM   #1411

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Lol $ 76.00 shipping plus cost of unit. ouch but a very nice looking unit. What is the noise level of the fan.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 08:14 PM   #1412

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... Today I washed the crud off the roof. Took all afternoon and the job sure had it's ups and downs. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:20 PM   #1413

Trailer: Escape 17 B second generation 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
Lol $ 76.00 shipping plus cost of unit. ouch but a very nice looking unit. What is the noise level of the fan.

David
We didn’t find decibel levels, but it is quieter and has 3 speeds.
The price isn’t as steep as it appears because it is in AUD so you need to do the conversion. It came fairly quickly, maybe 2 weeks.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:22 AM   #1414

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
Water pump wouldn't shut off automatically...

The OE Shurflo water pump was getting noisier and running longer until the last trip where it wouldn't automatically shut off. After getting back home a quick inspection found a couple of the screws that hold the diaphragm assembly to the pump body loose and/or missing.

Following someone's thread on our forum, sorry I can't seem to find that post now to credit the author, I removed the water pump, drilled through holes through the stripped threads on the aluminum pump body and through bolted with 10-24 machine screws using thread locker sealant (LocTite 242). Wow, the pump operates so smoothly and quietly now and shuts of automatically when it reaches system pressure as designed.

That saved me from needing to purchase another pump! And an easy, quick fix at that!
Old 09-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #1415

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
I got a new tow vehicle! Around 60,000 miles out of 145,000 towing the trailer for 7.5 years but my beloved diesel Grand Cherokee has had a few reliability issues lately and the local Ford dealership happened to get in an F150 with what I wanted on it so I jumped on it.

Turned out my old WDH works fine with no adjustments. I did have to lengthen the safety chains but fortunately they had a couple extra links on the ends. I hitched up today for a spin around the neighborhood and everything works great. Nice to have a built-in brake controller and 360 degree view.

The furry crew got their first ride today and they approve. We're ready for the Mississippi River Rendezvous!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5465 1.jpg   IMG_5473 1.jpg  
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:05 PM   #1416

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Keep on truckin'

Nice, spanking brand new rig you scored. Nothing is forever, and nothing lasts, even the beloved Jeepster.
And so it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
hold fast.jpg  
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #1417

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 pulled by GMC Canyon Diesel.
Smile

Just finished washing my Escape and decided that I’ll be paying for a wash and wax come spring 2022. I have not been out this summer (nor last summer) thanks to COVID and family matters.
Optimism for next year though!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. Mark Twain
JPSpins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:13 PM   #1418

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSpins View Post
Just finished washing my Escape and decided that I’ll be paying for a wash and wax come spring 2022. I have not been out this summer (nor last summer) thanks to COVID and family matters.
Optimism for next year though!
Same here ! Need to get the bearings done too and hopefully go somewhere here soon too ! Did just take truck ( we have a shell ) down the coast to Big Sur on Sunday for 5 am - 11 pm when we got home . Really lifted our spirits ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:37 PM   #1419
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Washed Ten Forward yesterday. Mostly waxed today. My arms are another 6" long, except still too short to hand wash/wax the roof. Probably not as good as a spa day, but any dirt off and any wax on is better than nothing!

Wish I could say I was done. But... sigh... above the belly band on the drivers side is still to be waxed. I'm far to tired to attempt it. THAT requires a ladder and ladders and I don't get along very well. So... finish tomorrow!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:36 PM   #1420

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Washed Ten Forward yesterday. Mostly waxed today. My arms are another 6" long, except still too short to hand wash/wax the roof. Probably not as good as a spa day, but any dirt off and any wax on is better than nothing!

Wish I could say I was done. But... sigh... above the belly band on the drivers side is still to be waxed. I'm far to tired to attempt it. THAT requires a ladder and ladders and I don't get along very well. So... finish tomorrow!
I know how you feel. I gave our 19 a bath today and waxed one side before getting too tired to finish. I just don't seem to have the energy of a few years ago. Maybe I'll get to the rest tomorrow...
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote