What did you do for your Escape today..... - Page 75 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2021, 11:12 AM   #1481

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
I helped the new owners hook up and haul their new to them 21c away. Bittersweet, but I’m looking forward to the. New Bigfoot this summer .
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 04:50 PM   #1482

Trailer: escape
I spent some time on the phone with both GoPower and Escape. I do have the extra Zamp port and the thinner wires are from that solar array. The thicker ones are from the 2 big panels on the roof. I talked with Dave at Escape and Interestingly enough he said I didn't need to disconnect the panels at all. To remove the batterries, just remove the positive side first, wrap it real good with electrical tape, then take the negative side off and remove the batteries and put them inside a climate controlled place. He said that is what they do at Escape for their winterizing of solar and batteries.
richling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:29 PM   #1483

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Adding circuit breaker for the microwave

Our 21 has the microwave on the same 15 amp circuit as the kitchen outlets I finally got around to separating the two and found it was much easier than I expected. The kitchen outlets and the microwave are on separate wires which are joined in the breaker panel and run into a single breaker. I added an additional 15 amp breaker, separated the two wires and ran the microwave wire to the new breaker. Now I can use the toaster and microwave at the same time.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #1484

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
I helped the new owners hook up and haul their new to them 21c away. Bittersweet, but I’m looking forward to the. New Bigfoot this summer .
Lucky ! Nice trailers ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:41 PM   #1485

Finally did the bearings again ! Replaced our tires again with Maxxis they now call M8008 plus . We a,so got the D’s too 65 lb cold pressure . Pat
Old 11-16-2021, 11:22 AM   #1486

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Finally did the bearings again ! Replaced our tires again with Maxxis they now call M8008 plus . We a,so got the D’s too 65 lb cold pressure . Pat
How long did you go between bearing packings? I certainly don't pack mine every year.

How old were the tires you replaced?

Do you think that you might be heading over to Q'site in the coming year?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:08 PM   #1487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
How long did you go between bearing packings? I certainly don't pack mine every year.

How old were the tires you replaced?

Do you think that you might be heading over to Q'site in the coming year?

Ron
Hi Ron ! We plan to go to Quartzite so far . Our Maxxis tires were 5 yrs 5 mo and looked fine . The problem was the trailer has been sitting for 2 yrs . When I did the bearings and I don’t know how long because I hadn’t checked , the tires were down 20 lbs in pressure . I called Maxxis and we decided to be safe just not take a chance and replace now because we intend to finally take trailer out . Ron too much weight sitting on tires . Even water tank was full .
Trailer is now 8 years . This is the 3 rd time I have done bearings . I would say every 2 years and the second was almost 3 years which grease was pretty dirty . I use red and tacky . So wanted to get this out of the way . Also cleaned the fresh water even though we don’t drink from it . Bring separate water .
Has been a awful year so we are getting back to life now . Hope you two are well and can’t wait to catch up .
Getting booster in a couple weeks too !
See you at quartzite! Your friends Pat and Linda
Old 11-16-2021, 03:40 PM   #1488

The tires didn't owe you much then and they have been exposed to a lot of sun.

Pretty much the same interval for repacking the bearings as me. I might pull look at a random outer bearing every year just to see what the grease looks like. But 3 years is more likely and that's partly because I like to check for brake wear. I do use an IR thermometer frequently to check for any abnormally high temperatures.

Yup, it'd be nice to get back to Q'site we'll see what the next couple of months bring.

I've had several Covid tests in recent weeks because I've done a lot of flying. Every time I hold my breath until I see "negative" on the results. Should be getting my booster shot in the next couple of weeks. Now is not the time to let guards down.

Ron
Old 11-16-2021, 07:05 PM   #1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
The tires didn't owe you much then and they have been exposed to a lot of sun.

Pretty much the same interval for repacking the bearings as me. I might pull look at a random outer bearing every year just to see what the grease looks like. But 3 years is more likely and that's partly because I like to check for brake wear. I do use an IR thermometer frequently to check for any abnormally high temperatures.

Yup, it'd be nice to get back to Q'site we'll see what the next couple of months bring.

I've had several Covid tests in recent weeks because I've done a lot of flying. Every time I hold my breath until I see "negative" on the results. Should be getting my booster shot in the next couple of weeks. Now is not the time to let guards down.

Ron
Yes about the tires but sticker shock due to oil and transportation costs . They were dry too even though we did have them covered . Could not replace this trailer with all the improvements if something happened to the tires much smaller price to pay and piece of mind
Can’t wait to start living again . Been a long time ! 👍🏻👍🏻Pat
Old 12-16-2021, 11:17 PM   #1490

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
I did title application and registration of our new E19 in California. The lady at DMV Placerville said she had never seen one before and wanted to look around inside. She seemed to really like it.
DougO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 05:12 PM   #1491

What else do you do but do a quick little mod. while you're waiting for the turkey to cook.

On the 19 I had a false CO2 alarm so when I relocated it I used spade terminals so that I could easily disconnect if required.

I don't like parasitic loads and wanted the alarm off when stored without having to pull a fuse etc. or cut wires if a false alarm occured.

So I added an easy-to-use on-off switch with an led. Quick and easy. At first I was muttering about how cheap they were with the wire. It looked like I was going to have to add extensions. But then I looked in the hole and discovered that the foam around a pipe had trapped the wires. Freed the wires and there was lot's of length.

Turkey's done, smells great.

Merry Xmas everyone.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20211224_143118.jpg  
Old 12-24-2021, 09:44 PM   #1492

That would be propane detector. That darn turkey smell was distracting me. But it sure tasted good.

Ron
Old 01-12-2022, 07:32 PM   #1493

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Winter woodworking widget

To utilize scrap materials and have a winter project (busy hands are happy hands) I built a Trailer Aide style ramp. Four - 1/2" thick plywood supports on a 1/2" ply base and 1/4" ply used to skin it, with an unused rubber car floor mat providing a friction surface were scrounged and "repurposed". All joints were filleted with thickened epoxy and fiberglass tape, & some extra tabbing at joints with 'glass and epoxy.

This ain't about saving money, as for $40 I could buy the plastic version. But what's to be gained by that? Weight is 11 pounds; it likely could have been made lighter...but I will use it when servicing brakes, tires and wheel bearings, so I'd rather preserve my life than my bank account. Plus...I'm retired....with a superabundance of time....which is not money.

Kudos to forum member Centex for providing me detailed dimensions, photos of his unit and the like for this project. Another splendid Escape fellow, he is.

The next winter project is a cherry wood mantel clock kit, my 90 year old uncle gave me, that he bought in 1984 and never assembled. Time keeps on slippin', into the past, sometimes.
pics of the 4 supports and finished item attached.
Attached Thumbnails
lift.jpg   IMG-3065.jpg   IMG-3066.jpg  
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:46 PM   #1494

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
To utilize scrap materials and have a winter project (busy hands are happy hands) I built a Trailer Aide style ramp. Four - 1/2" thick plywood supports on a 1/2" ply base and 1/4" ply used to skin it, with an unused rubber car floor mat providing a friction surface were scrounged and "repurposed". All joints were filleted with thickened epoxy and fiberglass tape, & some extra tabbing at joints with 'glass and epoxy.

This ain't about saving money, as for $40 I could buy the plastic version. But what's to be gained by that? Weight is 11 pounds; it likely could have been made lighter...but I will use it when servicing brakes, tires and wheel bearings, so I'd rather preserve my life than my bank account. Plus...I'm retired....with a superabundance of time....which is not money.

Kudos to forum member Centex for providing me detailed dimensions, photos of his unit and the like for this project. Another splendid Escape fellow, he is.

The next winter project is a cherry wood mantel clock kit, my 90 year old uncle gave me, that he bought in 1984 and never assembled. Time keeps on slippin', into the past, sometimes.
pics of the 4 supports and finished item attached.
Very Nice ! Pat
Old 01-12-2022, 08:51 PM   #1495

Very nice. Great to see this type of mod. Seems to me there's been fewer mods lately than there used to be.

Most of the things that I make in my shop I could have just bought. But where's the fun in that.

Ron
Old 01-12-2022, 11:00 PM   #1496

Trailer: 5.0TA - June 2022
Tow Mirrors

I installed Tow Mirrors on my truck. Purchased from Boost Auto.
Frisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 11:44 PM   #1497

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
We've had a month of unusually cold weather and snow here on Vancouver Island, followed by an "atmospheric river" of rain and wind. Through it all, I've been checking the temperature and relative humidity in our 2014 21C every few days.
I use a 500W portable baseboard heater and a fan to maintain the temperature at about 8ºC and the humidity under 60% with all storage area doors left open. The water lines were blown out in the fall, with some antifreeze left in the traps and drains.
We keep it plugged into a 30 amp service in our driveway with an ADCO fabric cover over it.
Does anyone prefer a different temp and humidity level?
Old 01-13-2022, 12:19 AM   #1498

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
To utilize scrap materials and have a winter project (busy hands are happy hands) I built a Trailer Aide style ramp....
...and the end result looks great!
Old 01-13-2022, 12:16 PM   #1499

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Went out to admire our 17A, sitting next to the driveway all ready to go, whenever we want! We were going to leave now, but our good friends we camp with just messaged that they all have colds, sooo.....we postponed.
The good news is they have only colds, and nothing with capital letters to identify it.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:45 PM   #1500

Trailer: 2021 Escape TA 5.0
USB Upgrade

Replaced a DC/USB port with a USB 3.0 and USB-C PD outlet. I got a cool voltage display in the bargain
Attached Thumbnails
77D81001-489B-4BE8-8C74-0347DFAC9A84a.jpg  
BuggsMcBuggs is offline   Reply With Quote