Interior Layout - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #21

Trailer: None
Reply from ETI when I inquired as to reversing the dinette and bed areas. Seems like quite possible to do. Looks like the photos they sent are not forwarding with this post, but it looks like they left all cabinetry in place at ceiling level so that does not affect structural integrity which evidently involves the roof only.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 28, 2020 at 9:08:41 AM MST
To: "tkconover1@yahoo.com" <tkconover1@yahoo.com>
Subject: Escape Trailer Website Inquiry

Good morning Thomas,

Thank you for your interest in the 19’ Escape Trailer!

Yes, we have indeed reversed the dinette and bed locations in this model. �� Please see the photos attached above.
The cost to convert the front dinette into a permanent bed will be $560.
The cost to convert the permanent bed into the standard four-person dinette would be $360 or you could convert the permanent bed into a u shape dinette for a cost of $480.
These modifications would not affect the structural integrity of the trailer.

Let me know if you would like to discuss this over the phone and I will be happy to give you a call.

Please feel free to forward any other questions you may have.

Stay well and warmest regards,

Linda Fedoruk, Customer Service

Escape Trailer Industries LP
43851 Industrial Way
Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4L2

Tel: 604 703 1650 Toll Free: 1 855 703 1650
Fax: 604 703 1651

sales@escapetrailer.com

Our showroom is temporarily closed to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please visit our virtual showroom by clicking on this link https://escapetrailer.com/virtual-walkthrough/. To schedule a phone call with one of our Customer Care Representatives to discuss options, time lines etc by calling 1.855.703.1650 or emailing sales@escapetrailer.com. Thank you for your continued support and understanding during these unprecedented times.
tkconover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #22

Trailer: None
Below is reply I got from ETI regarding reversing dinette and bed areas on a 19’. Sorry photos would not forward, but they indicate all the upper cabinetry was left in place including vertical partition at end of galley that spans floor to ceiling.

Yes, we have indeed reversed the dinette and bed locations in this model. �� Please see the photos attached above.
The cost to convert the front dinette into a permanent bed will be $560.
The cost to convert the permanent bed into the standard four-person dinette would be $360 or you could convert the permanent bed into a u shape dinette for a cost of $480.
These modifications would not affect the structural integrity of the trailer.

Let me know if you would like to discuss this over the phone and I will be happy to give you a call.

Please feel free to forward any other questions you may have.

Stay well and warmest regards,

Linda Fedoruk, Customer Service

Escape Trailer Industries LP
43851 Industrial Way
Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4L2
tkconover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
You'll need to upload the photos separately.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:27 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Alf, you never cease to amaze and amuse me.

You may not remember but I met your wife (you were busy in the back) at the Escape office in May of 2018 when I was there to pick up my 17 and you guys were having some repair done. And then we met again at the rally later that month, and if I recall correctly, we ate together at the pub night, in the middle of which was an awesome thunderstorm with water pouring in the door of the restaurant.

I hope to make it to your rally someday when we are allowed out again. Meanwhile, best to Maryanne, and you, too, of course.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Barbara,
You will need to bring that 17A east to Niagara Falls, On where Alf and MaryAnne host the yearly Escape Niagara Rally in September. In addition to Alf et ux my better half, Noelia is a displaced California central valley near you, Pixley, CA. and she has relatives in Placerville. Small world, something like 6 degrees of separation.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:12 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
If I knew as much about Escape layouts and ETI's/Reace's abilities regarding mods, in 2014 as I do now, we might have ordered a 19 reverse instead of the 17A. We like dining with big windows all around in the rear.

We could have gotten a permanent bed in front (identical to the 17A), and in the back we could have had a dinette seating more than 4 comfortably. The rear dinette would look like a longer version of the 4 person one in the 17. Certainly the overhead cabinets would stay, and bench seats would be longer of course.

Regarding sag: Escapes are made with a 4x2 structural tube steel frame. The vertical components from floor to ceiling on each side are to support and provide shear strength for the roof and walls.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:25 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Jim, I've been here for 31 years, so maybe I know them, especially if there has been anyone school age during that time.

Niagara's my plan, Lord willin' and the virus don't rise. Looks like maybe 2021. It's a long way, but I did all the way east to PEI in '18 when my Escape was brand new. I can do it again. Maybe this time trans Canada rather than midwest USA there and south home. Course' I'd need to stop in at Dave's so I guess coming back midwest. See you there!
Old 04-29-2020, 08:26 AM   #28

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkconover View Post
Below is reply I got from ETI regarding reversing dinette and bed areas on a 19’. Sorry photos would not forward, but they indicate all the upper cabinetry was left in place including vertical partition at end of galley that spans floor to ceiling.
I think many of us knew you could get a reversed 19 but you will obviously have the dinette seats built in place. I'm still not understanding how you going to accommodate captains chairs. I could see with some creative work that you could fit one on the passengers side but not on the drivers side as discussed due to hot water heater, pump, etc. Would you remove the dinette seat on the passenger side and do only one?