Patandlinda Escape modifications - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2020, 10:26 PM   #141

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Looks good...
Thankyou Ed ! I always enjoy seeing your mods and learn from you ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:27 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Very nice Pat! I bet those will sound great. -Bea
Thankyou Bea , not to bad ! Pat
Old 03-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #143

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Thankyou Ed ! I always enjoy seeing your mods and learn from you ! Pat
Thanks..
I am sure you will enjoy the speakers up top and not below right in your ear....or head.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:08 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Thanks..
I am sure you will enjoy the speakers up top and not below right in your ear....or head.
Yes we like them out of the way too . Tried them out first and they give a bit more lower bass in sound . Pat
Old 05-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #145

Quote:
had some plastic panels left from greenhouse . Cut to fit inside front cover . Panel are about 1/4 thick . fits snug and glued top with silicone in case ,leaving bottom open in case water gets in there so it can run out . It had eliminated the wrinkles a lot, at least by half . Also this insulation will help the window in hot or cold , because it is the one window not insulated . Pat
Ron after seeing your great window modification for the inside , we had material left and just Velcro to frame . Basically so the dogs don’t suffer from a draft because they sleep up at dinette . The outside I insulated a while back already . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
DCC67320-FD68-4595-9B69-CF078E395020.jpg  
Old 05-20-2020, 03:31 PM   #146

Quote:
Ron after seeing your great window modification for the inside , we had material left and just Velcro to frame . Basically so the dogs don’t suffer from a draft because they sleep up at dinette . The outside I insulated a while back already . Pat
A few more mods I had done . The new pullout kitchen facet . Cut the plex lines and just added shark bite connections . Decided to not change out the sink because usually need to watch water use carefully . Would like another outside shower on passenger side but will see. Also the oven top I added is a special material that can take heat , cutting on it etc. increase counter preparation area if needed . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
36AA18D6-16D7-4199-8A8B-EBB02EB97FF8.jpg   458B92B1-F726-4B71-B61B-BFC2A610A092.jpg  
Old 05-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #147

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Looks like it was made for it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:32 PM   #148
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
A few more mods I had done . The new pullout kitchen facet . Cut the plex lines and just added shark bite connections . Decided to not change out the sink because usually need to watch water use carefully . Would like another outside shower on passenger side but will see. Also the oven top I added is a special material that can take heat , cutting on it etc. increase counter preparation area if needed . Pat
Your window shade looks so nice! Perfect match with your valence and fabrics! Looks much better than ours, for sure. We went the cheap route - Reflectix cut to the size of each window behind each window shade at night (when we want more thermal protection.) They also function as pseudo black-out blinds - amazingly dark inside during the light of day and easy to store out-of-sight during the day (behind the seat cushions or under the bed).

Love your stove-top mod. What material did you use? Do you have a link for it? Thanks so much, Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:32 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Looks like it was made for it.

Ron
Ron the material is Sunbrella . Linda is the sewer . I am the director! Thanks Ron ! Pat
Old 05-20-2020, 07:37 PM   #150

Quote:
Your window shade looks so nice! Perfect match with your valence and fabrics! Looks much better than ours, for sure. We went the cheap route - Reflectix cut to the size of each window behind each window shade at night (when we want more thermal protection.) They also function as pseudo black-out blinds - amazingly dark inside during the light of day and easy to store out-of-sight during the day (behind the seat cushions or under the bed).

Love your stove-top mod. What material did you use? Do you have a link for it? Thanks so much, Bea
Thankyou Bea ! I got the idea from Laura . I will have to look maybe tomorrow or maybe Laura Pervier will remember . Pat
Old 05-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #151
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Thankyou Bea ! I got the idea from Laura . I will have to look maybe tomorrow or maybe Laura Pervier will remember . Pat
Thank you! No hurries....It's not like we're going anywhere soon...... -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:50 PM   #152

Quote:
Thank you! No hurries....It's not like we're going anywhere soon...... -Bea
I know ! Pat
Old 05-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #153

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
An early memory living in Tonawanda N.Y.: a beagle dog for Chrismas kept running away. After the 4th or 5th time my dad had it. We took Sandy back to the farm and he jumped out of the car, hurdled low hedge and ran 50 yards back to the dog house surrounded by snow where mom & pups were. This was 1960 or 1961 when there were record snows. Not sure most dogs are gonna catch cold inside any Escape trailer!
Old 05-20-2020, 08:03 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
An early memory living in Tonawanda N.Y.: a beagle dog for Chrismas kept running away. After the 4th or 5th time my dad had it. We took Sandy back to the farm and he jumped out of the car, hurdled low hedge and ran 50 yards back to the dog house surrounded by snow where mom & pups were. This was 1960 or 1961 when there were record snows. Not sure most dogs are gonna catch cold inside any Escape trailer!
Ross these are little inside dogs . One is a senior dog and he always has gotten cold , he was the runt in his litter . They cuddle together in a nylon play pen up on the dinette for the night. You forget the front window is large and single pane . It gets pretty drafty there . At our door we have a double lined curtain to cut the draft at the door too . Pat
Old 05-20-2020, 08:29 PM   #155

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Pat- I always say trust your instincts. I tell this story from time to time as mainly was made aware how family-oriented the beagle is supposed to be. I'm a beagle!
Old 05-20-2020, 09:10 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Pat- I always say trust your instincts. I tell this story from tome to time as mainly was made aware how family-oriented the beagle is supposed to be. I'm a beagle!
My first dog was a beagle . I got her from my Art teacher at high School . Loved her very much . Pat
Old 05-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #157

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Pat, I have been using a piece of reflective clipped to the side of the blinds...not so elegant. I could easily back it with matching fabric and Velcro to frame as you did. Would you mind taking some close ups of the shade back and front and the Velcro on the frame when you have time? Tell Linda I said nice job!

I have on my list putting the yellow blocks on the sand pads so i will let you know when I get that far down the list. I appreciate your guidance.

Hope you two are well.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:25 PM   #158

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Nicely done on the window panels, Pat. Good idea, good execution as always.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:21 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Pat, I have been using a piece of reflective clipped to the side of the blinds...not so elegant. I could easily back it with matching fabric and Velcro to frame as you did. Would you mind taking some close ups of the shade back and front and the Velcro on the frame when you have time? Tell Linda I said nice job!

I have on my list putting the yellow blocks on the sand pads so i will let you know when I get that far down the list. I appreciate your guidance.

Hope you two are well.
Hi BJ . I will tomorrow. Need to get my lawn in back first and then we are going for a bike ride . I will get you some pictures . Pat
Old 05-21-2020, 08:22 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Nicely done on the window panels, Pat. Good idea, good execution as always.
Thankyou Greg ! Also Ron’s is nice too but I used what I already had . Pat