Where to put your glasses - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #1

Trailer: Shopping
Where to put your glasses

If I were to buy an Escape that's not a 5.0, I would be the one who sleeps next to the wall. I have to keep my glasses near me so I can see in case I have to get up. Our tent has a little pocket sewn into a wall near my head. What do others of you do to keep your glasses nearby when you sleep?
tigrpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
My wife just reaches up and puts one of the arms through the overhead cabinet handle. Works great. Doesn't even use the cubbie I made for them.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I attached some thin baskets to the bottom of the rear window as in picture 2 in the link below.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post324561

I also put in matching corner shelves between the valances where glasses could placed as seen in post 127 & 128 in this link below.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post273088

We also have 2 walls of pockets in the “bedroom” as you can see in photo 2 &3 in this link below.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post280436

You can make a simple holder by placing a glass holder in the corner and just placing your glasses in a glass as seen here.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post333822

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
I saw your post title and said to myself, I've got this, and immediately started forming a response. Not having read a word you wrote.

We keep our wine glasses in a camera lens bag to prevent breakage. We tried drinking wine with those polycarbonate glasses - rim was too thick. Then we tried those stainless steel glasses - better, but some of the pleasure of drinking wine is looking at it as you imbibe. I found a cheap, padded lens case on ebay that fits our stemless glasses perfectly and no breakage.

But that's not what you were asking. I leave my glasses on a nearby counter next to my phone. But I'm on the outside, not against the wall.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Also...
Each Escape has a vertical corner pad that is held into position by one button covered screw.
This is where I attached the drink holder. However you could simply replace the screw with screw loop and thread one arm of your glass through it.
Attached Thumbnails
782AB0DC-3812-4B7A-8DD0-42D382D09C11.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
An adhesive Velcro patch to affix an eyeglass case to the wall. BTDT.

An "eyeglass case" you say?

You know .... that thing that all new eyeglasses come with, which, if you're like me and must be wearing your glasses to find the floor when you get out of the bed, ends-up tossed in a junk-drawer and forgotten as soon as you get home from the optometrist
Old 11-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrpal View Post
If I were to buy an Escape that's not a 5.0, I would be the one who sleeps next to the wall. I have to keep my glasses near me so I can see in case I have to get up. Our tent has a little pocket sewn into a wall near my head. What do others of you do to keep your glasses nearby when you sleep?
We've got 3M command hooks mounted in various places around the trailer. I use small drawstring bags like these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G795S2B..._1NQhPI8U4w5AB, hung from the hooks to stash cords, phones, and glasses.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:30 PM   #8

Trailer: Shopping
Lot's of good ideas. And even one I didn't expect to protect wine glasses.

Thanks.
tigrpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:57 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
The "hole" my mattress fits into has 90 degree (or so) corners but my mattress has rounded corners which leaves a small space that I can safely park my glasses. I usually put my glasses there and feel that space is safe from me rolling over them in my sleep. If I had it more together, I'd spray glue the inside of a mug or cup and line it with a scrap of velvet or soft cloth. I like knowing exactly where my glasses are in case of night time emergencies.

Tom

Another solution might be Lasik surgery .....
Old 11-08-2020, 09:41 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
I put my glasses and my glaucoma eyedrops that use at night and just before I get up in the rear overhead cabinet. I just leave the door open. I can feel my glasses and the two different types of eye drops. I too get stuck against the wall in our 19,
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:02 AM   #11
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrpal View Post
If your head is near a window shade, here's is a link that shows how John in Santa Cruz does it:https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post324586 Clever! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:03 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17B 2021
I am thinking of something like this (borrowed from coach-sleeper designs)
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 12.01.03 PM.png  
dosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
We installed a shelf to charge our phones, etc. under the overhead cabinet on one side. My wife puts her glasses there at night. When waking, she can sit up, reach forward, and feel for and find her glasses even in darkness.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer VPN.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote