Emergency window clarification - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2023, 04:08 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
While searching to see if there was a less expensive alternative to the Lippert window, I came across this.

Aucuda RV Emergency Window Latch, Metal EXIT Window Locks, Camper Egress Window Security Bars, Window Support Holder with Red Handle for Travel Trailer

It is the same hold open locking bar as on the Emergency Exit window as in my 2020 Escape. I don't know if the current Emergency Exit window could be modified to use it. And you would still need to figure out a screen.

The same page has a 20X30 opening Emergency Exit window with screen for substantially less ($269) than the Lippert one.

While I have no idea if either of these items would work with current Escapes, I thought it was worth sharing what I found.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 07:05 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Good find. I know that if I had a new Escape the first thing that I'd want to do is make the emergency window as close to the original one as possible.

When you've had the original easy to hold open and screened window it'd be a real nuisance to put up with the new style window.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 04:19 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
The "new style" emergency framed window installed in my March 2023 built E19 is clearly not intended for ventilation.

I have only ever attempted to open that window once, the evening after taking delivery. When I did, the whole sash separated from perimeter window frame and fell to the ground...during a rain storm, of course! Fortunately it was undamaged, and I was able to reinstall/secure it without too much trouble....after a campsite neighbour lent me a step stool.

I have no intention of opening that window again, unless there is a legitimate emergency.

I configured my trailer with the optional frameless split venting rear window. I find this combined with the conventional sliding framed side window (on the opposite wall to the emergency window) provides ample ventilation in the bedroom area.

Haven't heard the new ones fall out, before doesn't sound right, as could break & you'd cut your bare feet up getting out on it on the ground Right? I'd call ETI.
So strange? Seems like the old style venting egress with screen has been history for about a 1/2 a year now. But my 2023 E19 Frameless this July 4th 2023 delivery, came with the red handle venting with screen, Egress!!!? I Totally wanted, as I have on my 2013 E19. Was thinking of switching it out with the 2013's !! So than I bought WillyB's! Then ETI must had found one hidden somewhere?? So never picked his up, on the way home from Sumas?
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 06:14 PM   #24

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
Haven't heard the new ones fall out, before doesn't sound right, as could break & you'd cut your bare feet up getting out on it on the ground Right? I'd call ETI.
So strange? Seems like the old style venting egress with screen has been history for about a 1/2 a year now. But my 2023 E19 Frameless this July 4th 2023 delivery, came with the red handle venting with screen, Egress!!!? I Totally wanted, as I have on my 2013 E19. Was thinking of switching it out with the 2013's !! So than I bought WillyB's! Then ETI must had found one hidden somewhere?? So never picked his up, on the way home from Sumas?
We sent you a check since we had already cashed yours and you didn't pick it up. Let me know you have not received it.

I hope you are having a great time in your new Escape!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 06:39 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
Haven't heard the new ones fall out, before doesn't sound right,
No it doesn't and the first thing that my friend did when he got his new 17B home was open the window, figure out how to prop it open and make a screen for it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emergency, exit, ventilation, window