2017 Escape Trailer Customer Appreciation Rally - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #141

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
It is a real tough task to try to talk to everyone, but it is always worth trying.

You may already realize it, but even in your case, you should contact Escape to let them know your intentions, then you could partake in the group events they host.
It sounds like quite a large gathering Jim, and you're right, I'm sure I will only meet a fraction of the folks! I do plan to coordinate with Tammy. We plan to take some time to tour the surrounding area as well. I have only flown over after a quick stop in Seattle on my way to Alaska so I'm looking forward to exploring a bit.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #142

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
Quote:
Too bad they got rid of the yurts at Nk'Mip.
Ah Jim, a yurt would be fun for me but for my DH, not so much...I'm still working on getting him in the trailer! I think we'll stay at the resort. .. hubby will love it there and I like being in close proximity to the rally. We're going to fly in early, explore Seattle area a few days, then have an appointment to tour the Escape factory on Tuesday. We'll head for the rally from there. It looks like gorgeous landscape to explore.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #143

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Yay, we're booked for the rally. Now we'll get to meet so many of you in person. (And see some folks that we met at the NOG last year.)
The schedule is perfect; after the rally, on Memorial Day, we'll be able to attend the festivities at the Baker Heritage Museum.
Baker Heritage Museum - Baker City Oregon
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:41 PM   #144

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We made an unscheduled stop in Baker City in 2014 on the way to Osoyoos, what a delightful town. Made me feel like I wanted to just stop traveling and stay there the rest of my life. We picked up some chinese carryout and ate parked along the city park...have a nice visit.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
We made an unscheduled stop in Baker City in 2014 on the way to Osoyoos, what a delightful town. Made me feel like I wanted to just stop traveling and stay there the rest of my life. We picked up some chinese carryout and ate parked along the city park...have a nice visit.
Thanks, Jim.
Friends of ours insisted that we absolutely must-stop there. We'll be looking forward to it.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #146

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Stay at Mountain View RV Park (beautiful bathrooms) nice laundry. Be sure and go to Bella's Mainstreet Market. Bella's is a kitchen store with locally raised lamb and beef, great wine and beer selections locally roasted coffees. Additionally, beer drinkers will love Barley Brown's. they have a tremendous selection of their local brews. Also a good place to eat. We now stop in Baker City going both ways on 84.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #147

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Is there a deadline for signing up for the Escape Appreciation Rally. We would like to attend but have to get a few things worked out first. Just wondering how much time I have to get things in order.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:28 AM   #148

AFAIK,
the only deadline are the various wine tours that fill up the vans fro transportation, otherwise as long as you can get a reservation and contact Tammy you should be good to go...enjoy
Old 12-18-2016, 08:38 AM   #149

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
AFAIK,
the only deadline are the various wine tours that fill up the vans fro transportation, otherwise as long as you can get a reservation and contact Tammy you should be good to go...enjoy
Yes, but contact Escape as soon as possible though, as they need to let the caterers know the numbers to expect for the Friday food.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:42 AM   #150

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Rally

Quote:
AFAIK,
Appreciate the info esp about the Wine tours Now that should be fun.

Quote:
Yes, but contact Escape as soon as possible though, as they need to let the caterers know the numbers to expect for the Friday food.
Thanks, Jim for the info. Will contact Escape as soon as reservations confirmed.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #151

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike & Donna View Post
Thanks, Jim for the info. Will contact Escape as soon as reservations confirmed.
I look forward to seeing you guys there.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #152

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Looking Forward To The Rally!!

We just reserved and are looking forward to meeting other happy Escape owners - with or without scotch collections We'll be bringing something special from duty-free ...
CamanoCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:24 PM   #153

Where to buy food

We'll be coming in from US-395/WA-2/US-97 so we'd like to do our purchases in Spokane, but.....
What would be the best plan for buying food for the period of the rally. The CBSA website section on foods is in "404" mode at the moment, so I can't see what restrictions there are regarding importing food for personal use.
I do know that Washington apples are a "no" and California avocados are an "OK by us!" based on past queries.
I would think that uncooked meats, and fresh vegetables and fruits, are the big question. ?
Any good markets in Osoyoos?
Old 12-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #154

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
2017 Escape Trailer Customer Appreciation Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfsten View Post
My little Escape getaway won't be ready until Sept but I do intend to come up for the rally - stay at a local hotel and head for the factory afterwards. For those of you who have gone before, what type of events/gatherings take place? I am very interested in chatting and touring your trailers for ideas as I work through my build sheet.

Escape usually has a booth set up by their trailers and gives out a schedule for the rally l'm sure they'd be more then happy to give you one if you showed up Friday afternoon.
Cheers
Doug
Old 12-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #155

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
We'll be coming in from US-395/WA-2/US-97 so we'd like to do our purchases in Spokane, but.....

What would be the best plan for buying food for the period of the rally. The CBSA website section on foods is in "404" mode at the moment, so I can't see what restrictions there are regarding importing food for personal use.

I do know that Washington apples are a "no" and California avocados are an "OK by us!" based on past queries.

I would think that uncooked meats, and fresh vegetables and fruits, are the big question. ?

Any good markets in Osoyoos?

Hi not sure about what can be brought across the border but there are 2 good grocery stores in Osoyoos.
Cheers
Doug
Old 12-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #156

Yes, there is real nice IGA store right downtown, 5 minutes away that has all local produce and gives you change in cn money. I only brought coffee and some items in the freezer for the rally, the rest were purchased in Osoyoos and brought back across the border except for fruit and veg's.
Also there is real nice deli/bakery on site there in the cg that has the best cookies, muffins and bread that side of the Mississippi, I think it comes from Kelowna.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:35 PM   #157

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Uncooked meats are generally a bad plan across any border, although they are allowed (with some restrictions) into Canada. Fresh vegetables and fruits are generally an issue if the same product (or a product affected by the same diseases and pests) is grown in the place you are going... that would be why avocados are okay (not grown in Canada) and apples would not (major crop in Canada, especially in the Okanagan valley). The restrictions are so specific that individual items need to be checked, with an online database or with the CBSA agent.

Anyway, the relevant CBSA and CFIA web pages are currently available.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:22 PM   #158

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
For me the list of foods that are allowed crossing the border in either direction is so restrictive I find it best (and easiest) to cross without any food and buy fresh when you arrive.
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #159

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Part of the fun of travel is experiencing the new, which can be as insignificant as French and English on a package of Kraft Dinner.
But, I'm still trying to convince my wife that there are grocery stores beyond North Vancouver.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:19 PM   #160

Trailer: 2011 Escape 5.0; previous 2008 Escape 17'
Busy planning our tour of southern BC around our attendance at the rally. Looking forward to it very much. Looking forward to checking out some of the newer models and updates. See you all there!

Kayaks, golf clubs, wine and/or scotch glass - have we forgotten anything?
Conuma is offline   Reply With Quote