2021 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 24-26 - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2021, 08:23 PM   #101

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Ah.....but we did have a rendezvous last year

I don't know for certain, but maybe 12 or more Escapees rigs did make it to Thomson last year. Just the stalwarts, hard cores, the 'I got to get out of Dodge" types, and some spanking brand new newbies to boot. A swell time last year, too.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:37 AM   #102

Trailer: 17B Picked up 4/19/16
I have come to the party late. Managed to get a reservation for site 111. Good thing I can still walk.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:28 AM   #103

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Bring a bicycle or 2. Quick and easy getting about with them.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:19 PM   #104

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 TA
PM sent. Thanks
Cantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:24 PM   #105

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Action Required

An email went out today with the latest details on the rally. If you did not get the email send me a private message with your email address. Chances are, that if you did not get the email, I do not know the full names of who will be attending. It would be good to have those for the name tags we provide.

Second, if you did not post a message with your site number I do not know if you are coming. If you plan to attend let me know what site # and names of who will be at the site.

So far, I know of 20 units and one day visitor. It looks to be a good showing. There are still sites available in the HPOI loop. I believe a two night minimum applies on the weekend.

Janet and I are looking forward to the new and returning campers. Stay safe.
PM sent.
Cantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:04 AM   #106

Trailer: 5.0TA June 2020
PM sent
Richard B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:46 AM   #107

Trailer: 2018 19' "Our Escape Eggs it"
PM sent
bob r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #108

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
A quick COVID update: Starting Monday, Aug. 30, masks are required for ages 2 and up in all indoor settings in Illinois. Also recommended is masking in crowded outdoor settings when distancing is not possible. Be prepared for this when/if you are visiting places around the area. FYI: The fully vaccinated rate for Thomson is less than 25% and less than 40% for the county.
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:12 AM   #109

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Thanks Kevin. I will use my professional power voice to announce you from afar. “And now, arriving from parts unknown, pulling the Vintage Bigfoot Silver Queen weighing 3 tons, please welcome Kevin, Kevin A.!!!!! ( The crowd goes wild)
Iowa Dave
Old 08-27-2021, 08:33 AM   #110

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Thanks, Dave. Stay safe!
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:08 AM   #111

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Interesting information, useful as well. I would also point out that if you are comfortable wearing a mask at any events during the rally, do so. Based on my observations those in attendance are not a boat load of spring chickens (self included). There is a possibility that some attendees are immunocompromised. Be respectful to others and keep a proper distance.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 04:09 PM   #112

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Action Required

An email went out today with the latest details on the rally. If you did not get the email send me a private message with your email address. Chances are, that if you did not get the email, I do not know the full names of who will be attending. It would be good to have those for the name tags we provide.

Second, if you did not post a message with your site number I do not know if you are coming. If you plan to attend let me know what site # and names of who will be at the site.

So far, I know of 20 units and one day visitor. It looks to be a good showing. There are still sites available in the HPOI loop. I believe a two night minimum applies on the weekend.

Janet and I are looking forward to the new and returning campers. Stay safe.

Hi Paul,
We booked a while ago but it looks like I never posted.
We're in site 59.
I sent you a pm with our new email address.

We're excited to see everyone again!
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:58 AM   #113

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19 Tennessee Rambler
Cancellation

We are canceling our reservations for the Mississippi rally. We had site 73 reserved and it is now available if anyone wants it. We have spent the last 51 days traveling the country and had planned to attend the rally. Even though we were fully vaccinated last April we caught covid on our trip and had to quarantine. We are reassessing all our travel plans and have decided a social event like the rally is not for us right now. We will not become hermits or stop traveling totally but are going to practice strict social distancing. I hope everyone who attends has a safe and good time. Maybe we will see you next year.
Mamaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:33 AM   #114

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Thanks Kevin. I will use my professional power voice to announce you from afar. “And now, arriving from parts unknown, pulling the Vintage Bigfoot Silver Queen weighing 3 tons, please welcome Kevin, Kevin A.!!!!! ( The crowd goes wild)
Iowa Dave

Dave, I sure will miss your power voice and words of wisdom. Hope everyone is well and that the Rally is a resounding success. Sorry we can't make it as we have a wedding at the same time out on Block Island on the East coast. We sure do miss everyone. Here's to better days ahead of all of us. Go Buckeyes.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:51 AM   #115

Hoping you can make it next year Ralph. I’ll have a few more new stories by the time we get to camp together again.

And now, towing all the way from Hudson Ohio, pulling the E19 “Terrapin”, the fastest turtle out of northern Ohio, with his big bowl of candy in the back seat and his torque wrench in his back pocket, number one Buckeye fan “ MCDONNER”

All the best
Iowa Dave
Old 08-30-2021, 03:13 PM   #116

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Thank you Mamaw! Sorry you can't make it but since you can't we switched our site to 73 after your posting. Thank You for your consideration!
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:07 AM   #117

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Glenn Wolfe here, La Crosse, WI, Escape 19. I don't see a site # on my confirmation, it may be 007. In any case, I'm booked in 9/23, departing 9/26. Please send me details of the gathering. Thanks
gwolfe@wvi.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:33 AM   #118

Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolfe@wvi.com View Post
Glenn Wolfe here, La Crosse, WI, Escape 19. I don't see a site # on my confirmation, it may be 007. In any case, I'm booked in 9/23, departing 9/26. Please send me details of the gathering. Thanks
Hi Glenn
It will be good to catch up with you. Been a few years since we camped on the Poudre River in CO. Hope the 19 is treating you well. Don’t get waylaid at the tattoo parlor at Poopy’s on the way down. JK
Iowa Dave
Old 09-03-2021, 07:47 AM   #119

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Speaking of bicycling, does anyone have information about the Great River Bike Trail? I don't see any mention of it in the campground reviews. How accessible is it from the campground? What is the surface? Other biking destinations from Thomson Causeway? Thanks very much
gwolfe@wvi.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:38 AM   #120

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
The trail goes through the eastern side of the campground. I have ridded it north to the terminus in Galena. Bottom lands, swampy, limited views of the Mississippi. A nice park about 1/2 way. In Galena it goes over the BN/SF tracks with a nice opportunity to catch trains (about 40 a day). Galena is worth a look around.

I have ridded the southern direction but started at Fisherman’s Corner toward Moline. More commercial in that direction. Excellent paved trail.

For roadies there is nice roadway along the River going north. It passes the prison and homes along the River. I have a Garmin route for that ride. Again leaves from the campground. For hills and rural roads head east. Nice and quiet paved roads. Did I say hills?
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote