Karl Says Goodbye - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2023, 08:15 PM   #101

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuoy View Post
I got a call today about sliding my E19 delivery date 2 weeks, 8/8 to 8/22. I agreed to the slide. Due to prior commitments for most of August, we didn't really want to pick up the trailer until the second week of September.

I asked if the reason for the slide was supply chain issues, the answer was no. It seemed the slide was related to adjusting the production schedule because of order slow down.
seems order slow down would speed up production. Hmmm maybe they laid off the night shift.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 09:37 PM   #102

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
... maybe they laid off the night shift.
No idea if that's the case, but that would seem a reasonable response to waning market demand.
Old 06-24-2023, 09:48 PM   #103

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
seems order slow down would speed up production. Hmmm maybe they laid off the night shift.
Not sure if there was a night shift. I've gone by after normal working hours and the parking lot was pretty bare.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 09:06 AM   #104

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Not sure if there was a night shift. I've gone by after normal working hours and the parking lot was pretty bare.

Ron
Hi: Ron in BC... I don't think they're was a night shift... not even a slight shift. This whole issue is very very shifty!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:01 AM   #105

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Ron in BC... I don't think they're was a night shift... not even a slight shift. This whole issue is very very shifty!!! Alf

Something IS going on!!!! But, don't know if "the Girls" ever get told the "real" story on building, & or if they bother to go ask. As I started asking about ETI being able to stay on time with their finish date, as soon as my puppy was born, and knew the pick up dates timing for both might be a problem(can't change Mother Nature much!!). I had 1st asked if the date could be moved up a weekish(No AC til I get to my brother's & THEN could go to TX for pup), as I had seen they had time to do inventory trailers. Nope, but didn't say mine would be late, either. It was also pre Karl leaving............. I sent 2 other emails confirming the pick up date(even a pup photo!!), I paid for Trailer & all. As I would doing over 3,000 miles now, to pick my trailer up. 2000+ with an 8 weeks old pup. Still told was on time! So I left 6/16. Now I COULD have had the breeder HOLD the pup a week, There was a 2nd spring litter was a week younger! No problem. I pick up pup on 6/18, Stop in at friends(5 minutes off route! still no date, Stuck Crashing on them!!!!!). I did NOT heard about a late delivery date, until 6/23!!!!!!!!!!! pushed to July 4th!!!!!!! OH great! Find ANY place now. So I'll be in flying J's. Now hearing a bunch of people getting calls for push outs. I really hate to see the shape my trailer shows up in, as one of the 1st post Karl.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:43 AM   #106
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
CT, as I recall 'Inventory' trailers were mostly those built for customers who bailed out for some reason, so were 'orphaned'. A few might have been floor models for the factory showroom, but not many. Probably would not have affected your production schedule.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:29 PM   #107

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
I really hate to see the shape my trailer shows up in, as one of the 1st post Karl.
Hi, Chasing Trials. Your frustration is understandable. Our pick up date slid last year too.

We traveled from the Cincinnati area, and had camping plans on the return trip for Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and other hard to get places. We were given multiple warnings by ETI not to make any reservations prior to receiving our final official completion date, but there was no way that would work in the real world. When we found out our date slid, we had to scramble to change all those reservations. We managed to get lucky with cancellations.

As it turned out, the delay was a blessing in disguise. We would have been camping in Yellowstone when they had the terrible floods that wiped out roads and bridges, and would have been caught up in the chaos of having to evacuate when they closed the park. We did miss out on Yellowstone that trip (going back there this year - fingers crossed), but having to evacuate suddenly like that would have been a mess!

Hopefully, your frustration and dissatisfaction with ETI will be eased when you pick up your trailer. Good luck!

(Also, during the “mad rush” days when lead times were 12-18 months, Karl talked about why ETI builds inventory units. As MrLynn says, some are “orphans” - probably a LOT more now than back then - but others are made to keep the production line moving efficiently. Karl said these gaps could not be filled with custom ordered units because the many individual components and decor items of such units have to be planned and scheduled farther out. If that makes sense.)
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 04:16 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post

Something IS going on!!!! I really hate to see the shape my trailer shows up in, as one of the 1st post Karl.
Your frustration may be understandable but 3 rants about it is maybe excessive.

You may think something is going on but it must be going right over my head. I spent the morning at ETI and whatever you think is going on escapes me. Seems all normal the way it would be even if Karl was there.

Someone in Sumas is going to have a great day, their 5.0 was ready to hit the road and it looked beautiful.

Ron
Old 06-26-2023, 11:04 PM   #109

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21NE "Escape to Margaritaville"
I had to push mine ahead about a week and reschedule delivery. Got a email from one of the girls verifying it's departure date should be 9/8 and I'll meet up with it a few days later.
So... I'm crossing my fingers. Dates are just tentative as always. But maybe since I let mine be pushed out a week may have help the line to a small degree.

Cheers....... and Happy Trails
jack sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 06:56 AM   #110

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
one must keep in mind that when buying one of these trailers there is no guarantee you going to get what you ordered. In fact there has been many cases where changes at pick up that where clearly not agreed on. most of these are small and can be resolved or customer has gotten used to. As a U.S. customer you have to pay in full before you see the trailer. After the trailers paid for the customer takes all the risk.If for some unknow reason they close the doors you be trying to sue a company in another country. I not saying that's what's going on, But there is certainly a risk of paying in full for something you have not seen. Things can happen beyond ETI control like a natural Disaster. 5 years ago you could show up on day of pickup and pay in full after A inspection that is no longer allowed. Of course, customers are concerned. You have a company president that is gone one day.They will not say anything except all is well at ETI. production has slowed way down so you trailer will take a few more weeks to be finished. Nothing seems to make since.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 11:22 AM   #111

Trailer: Escape 21NE 2023
Quote:
one must keep in mind that when buying one of these trailers there is no guarantee you going to get what you ordered. In fact there has been many cases where changes at pick up that where clearly not agreed on. most of these are small and can be resolved or customer has gotten used to. As a U.S. customer you have to pay in full before you see the trailer. After the trailers paid for the customer takes all the risk.If for some unknow reason they close the doors you be trying to sue a company in another country. I not saying that's what's going on, But there is certainly a risk of paying in full for something you have not seen. Things can happen beyond ETI control like a natural Disaster. 5 years ago you could show up on day of pickup and pay in full after A inspection that is no longer allowed. Of course, customers are concerned. You have a company president that is gone one day.They will not say anything except all is well at ETI. production has slowed way down so you trailer will take a few more weeks to be finished. Nothing seems to make since.
When you say an inspection is no longer allowed are you saying that I couldn't go up early and check out the trailer before paying (and waiting a few days for payment to clear to pick up the trailer)?
Endymion42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:00 PM   #112

Trailer: 2024 21NE F2
Quote:
Your frustration may be understandable but 3 rants about it is maybe excessive.

You may think something is going on but it must be going right over my head. I spent the morning at ETI and whatever you think is going on escapes me. Seems all normal the way it would be even if Karl was there.

Someone in Sumas is going to have a great day, their 5.0 was ready to hit the road and it looked beautiful.

Ron
Are you a "Brand Ambassador" or in ANY way affiliated with Escape/ETI?

Do you receive ANY type of remuneration, consideration or benefit from Escape/ETI?
Don Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:15 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post

Do you receive ANY type of remuneration, consideration or benefit from Escape/ETI?
Thanks for asking, I was thinking that someone might ask that question.

The answer is a definite no. I'm just a two time Escape owner who looks at the big picture. Lot's of prior f.g. fabrication experience, a 40 plus year interest in f.g. trailers and an interest in problem solving.

Ron
Old 06-27-2023, 01:24 PM   #114

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Cross Examination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post

Seems a little too direct like someone is under oath to me. I think most will agree that Escape owners are thinking people, all with different experiences, all with varying degrees of satisfaction with their purchase and some are buyers of new Escapes, some used Escapes and some both. Karl is gone, and like any news we get today even if it is totally accurate, provable and logical, there are still some folks looking for the back story, the real story, the fly on the wall opportunity or whatever. I personally don’t care, don’t have that kind of time for speculation and in general, don’t think many of the questions are any of anyone else’s business. If truthful sharing is for you, fine if you want to keep your knowledge and relationships to yourself, that’s fine too.
Have a good day. If your looking for a getaway come to an Iowa state park or an Iowa Corps of Engineers Facility during the week. They’re only about 40 percent occupied at best, they are clean, mowed up and reasonably priced. I don’t receive a break on my taxes from the Governor for saying this but I do get free roadmaps from the DOT. Well actually I guess everybody does.
So help me God.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-27-2023, 01:46 PM   #115

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Crosswords?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Seems a little too direct like someone is under oath to me. I think most will agree that Escape owners are thinking people, all with different experiences, all with varying degrees of satisfaction with their purchase and some are buyers of new Escapes, some used Escapes and some both. Karl is gone, and like any news we get today even if it is totally accurate, provable and logical, there are still some folks looking for the back story, the real story, the fly on the wall opportunity or whatever. I personally don’t care, don’t have that kind of time for speculation and in general, don’t think many of the questions are any of anyone else’s business. If truthful sharing is for you, fine if you want to keep your knowledge and relationships to yourself, that’s fine too.
Have a good day. If your looking for a getaway come to an Iowa state park or an Iowa Corps of Engineers Facility during the week. They’re only about 40 percent occupied at best, they are clean, mowed up and reasonably priced. I don’t receive a break on my taxes from the Governor for saying this but I do get free roadmaps from the DOT. Well actually I guess everybody does.
So help me God.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... That's all I ever got while working. I'm still trying to find the "Fly in the ointment"!!!
We're about to get a one time hand out from the "Goobermint". $200.+ per old foggy to help with the groceries. We have to spread that thin. It's our tax $$$'s at work!!! Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 01:52 PM   #116

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion42 View Post
When you say an inspection is no longer allowed are you saying that I couldn't go up early and check out the trailer before paying (and waiting a few days for payment to clear to pick up the trailer)?
I don’t know this first hand, but I’m almost certain Escape is allowing folks to do this now. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, of course, but seems I heard that.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 02:24 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
I don’t know this first hand, but I’m almost certain Escape is allowing folks to do this now. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, of course, but seems I heard that.
I thought that had been done, especially by folks having it delivered to Sumas. Pop up beforehand and check out the trailer. Perhaps someone with very recent experience can chime in because things change.

The only thing that I know for sure is that the trailer would have to be completely finished and not in a work area. In the old days Tammy would take you into the shop, usually at lunch time when not too much was happening. But it was a much smaller work area then and we now have pretty strict WorkSafe rules about tourists in work places.

Ron
Old 06-27-2023, 02:35 PM   #118
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
I thought that had been done, especially by folks having it delivered to Sumas. Pop up beforehand and check out the trailer. Perhaps someone with very recent experience can chime in because things change.

Ron
We took delivery in January and that's how it worked for us. Trailer review at ETI and then pickup the next day in Sumas.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:15 PM   #119
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
We are headed up to see our trailer tomorrow and
Pick up Thursday in Sumas.
We were told we Could come up any time after completion to inspect but not take delivery till after paid for and from time of payment to delivery is several days. They do not fill out export papers and schedule delivery till after paid in full.
So yes you can inspect before paying and wait the few days ( as much as two weeks ) to take delivery.
Don’t forget they will only store for 30 days. And no extra storage time anymore. Not sure what would happen if you go over the 30 days.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 05:08 PM   #120

Thanks for the very current status of seeing your trailer before you pay for it. That would seem to nullify post #110.

If you haven't seen the 23 in person it's worth having a look at even if it isn't in your future. Very different feeling than the published plans might indicate. It's parked near the parking lot.

Ron