March16 & after planning ? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
March16 & after planning ?

On March16, the US Federal debt limit will be reinstated, the current debt limit is 20.1 trillion $US and will be immediately breached according to calculations.
The US Treasury can temporarily take " extraordinary measures " to stave off default.
Yet the Congress and the White House would have to agree to raise the limit not later than midsummer to again, stave off a crisis.
Plan accordingly...Canada
us/ca_bdr_rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #2

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by us/ca_bdr_rat View Post
On March16, the US Federal debt limit will be reinstated, the current debt limit is 20.1 trillion $US and will be immediately breached according to calculations.
The US Treasury can temporarily take " extraordinary measures " to stave off default.
Yet the Congress and the White House would have to agree to raise the limit not later than midsummer to again, stave off a crisis.
I'm more worried about what happens to NAFTA and the attempt at a border adjustment tax.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:29 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I think we're all waiting to see that one Steven. Consumer and business nightmare for everyone if it happens.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #4

Yes NAFTA also, but if you are traveling at that time and our " lawmakers " are hard at work, keep an eye on the US National Park System and a map of designated Wally World Campgrounds, could be a little crowded this side of the border.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Yes NAFTA also, but if you are traveling at that time and our " lawmakers " are hard at work, keep an eye on the US National Park System and a map of designated Wally World Campgrounds, could be a little crowded this side of the border.
A government shutdown of the National Parks, National Forest Service and Army Corps of Engineer campgrounds would definitely make for an interesting spring and summer.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #6

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
hard to imagine being in debt 20+ trillion...
trillion, gazillion..all tough to believe ...with the current stock market euphoria seems like a lot of people have already forgotten the 2007 meltdown....guessing history will need to repeat itself...again...only they may have run out of ink by then....on the bright side the current POTUS seems to be an expert in filing bankruptcy
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
A government shutdown of the National Parks, National Forest Service and Army Corps of Engineer campgrounds would definitely make for an interesting spring and summer.
nobody to collect fees...
4x4? check
Old 02-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
nobody to collect fees...ain't that great!
4x4
I live next to the Dungeness Wildlife Refuge on the Olympic Peninsula, during the last " budget crises " everything was shutdown, you can not even walk in the parks, you would be arrested if you trespassed. Shutdown means, take those recreational resources off your maps.
Always good to have a back up plan in place.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hook up to an oil drill rig using your bike rack ready receiver and tell them your name is Miller the Driller and drive right in.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #10

Quote:
I live next to the Dungeness Wildlife Refuge on the Olympic Peninsula, during the last " budget crises " everything was shutdown, you can not even walk in the parks, you would be arrested if you trespassed. Shutdown means, take those recreational resources off your maps.
Always good to have a back up plan in place.
so even though the park is shutdown, they keep the personnel there since they anticipate the funding issue to be resolved soon....wonder how many paychecks miss before the cows go home....and there ain't anyone to arrest/fine you even if you just visit....
guess the backup plan is hole up in the BLM
Old 02-22-2017, 06:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
so even though the park is shutdown, they keep the personnel there since they anticipate the funding issue to be resolved soon....wonder how many paychecks miss before the cows go home....and there ain't anyone to arrest/fine you even if you just visit....
guess the backup plan is hole up in the BLM
Unfortunately, the only personnel kept on are the law enforcement rangers/police. So arrest is very possible.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Alright group... everyone knows what the EscapeForum is about. ETI builds, mods to trailers, etc. You wanna discuss the current political climate in the US... move along to some place else on the WWW.

Where is the first place you're going camping in 2017... if you haven't gotten out yet?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Where is the first place you're going camping in 2017... if you haven't gotten out yet?
Just returned from two weeks in central Florida; first stop was Myakka River State Park, which is very nice. Met a couple from Virginia who also had a 2014 Escape 21.

I'm leaving March 16 (coincidentally) for a long trip out west. So far I plan to go to Texas, New Mexico, then turn north to Glacier NP (if it's open), then to Banff and Jasper, then to the Osoyoos rally. Haven't nailed down plans after that but I intend to stay gone for a while.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #14

Crappie plans

Hi Donna
We'll be staying pretty close to home until my oldest daughter delivers our second grandson in early May. That said we will be camping ( taking two cars so Rita can zip home if necessary) at Lacey-Keosaqua State park the last weekend in April. This park, in historic Van Buren County Iowa is home to Lake Sugema where I will defend my 2016 crappie champion title at a private tournament with about 40 contractor friends.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 02-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Alright group... everyone knows what the EscapeForum is about. ETI builds, mods to trailers, etc. You wanna discuss the current political climate in the US... move along to some place else on the WWW.

After the Appreciation Rally in Osoyoos the plan is Glacier NP and then on to Yellowstone and maybe on to Custer.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
After the Appreciation Rally in Osoyoos the plan is Glacier NP and then on to Yellowstone and maybe on to Custer.
Steven, are you talking Custer State Park or the Little Big Horn battlefield where Custer made a tactical error and ended up in a " situation"? Either way if you want input let me know, we've been vacationing in Momtana, Wyoming and South Dakota since 1969.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Several nights in beautiful Hope BC at the end of March, then down the I-5 corridor as far as possible, then hook a left, then another left, then come on home for the May rally. If I get lost somewhere in the Mid West, I am sure Dave will have some champion sized fish on the fry for me.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #18

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:

Last weekend I did a quick solo trip to Dash Point state park to learn about our "new to us" Escape '19.

Then after a side trip to Cuba next week we are hoping to take the Escape to Tucson, AZ then make our way back by way of Grand Canyon, Zion other Utah parks to home in April. Then of course the Rally end of May.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #19

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
We just took a rainy drive down from Gilroy, CA on Monday. We noticed those signs for Pinnacles National park down around King City. Anyone been to the park? Looks like the only camping is accessed from the valley on the east side.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:19 PM   #20

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Last weekend I did a quick solo trip to Dash Point state park to learn about our "new to us" Escape '19.

Then after a side trip to Cuba next week we are hoping to take the Escape to Tucson, AZ then make our way back by way of Grand Canyon, Zion other Utah parks to home in April. Then of course the Rally end of May.
I hear they make a pretty good Cuban Sandwich there; but of course, they just call it a sandwich.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote