2017 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 29-Oct 1 - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #81

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Sorry about the mixup, Dave gave us some Zucchini which is in the picture while telling us about the garlic.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #82

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
If you have been following the rally registration score with Dave you can see we will again have a lot of folks in attendance. Some observations about who is coming so far:
  • Many owners from prior rallies
  • Quite a few prior attendees towing new trailers
  • Some new owners we will be seeing for the first time
  • A gaggle of wanna be owners

We will be getting more information out about a schedule of events and what activities (informal and formal) are planned. You can get a pretty good idea of the possibilities by reading the above posts.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:21 PM   #83

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
We need a new specific term from a group of wanna be owners... my high school students woulda said gaggle is soooo generic.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #84

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Trailer tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
We need a new specific term from a group of wanna be owners... my high school students woulda said gaggle is soooo generic.
I don't know about naming a group but I do know that I've had a lot of fun talking to folks who wanted to tour the trailer, discuss tow vehicles, and soon they get sucked into my unending storytelling web. I think it was Jack from Sarnia who asked me about Highlander mileage. I said I'd like to lie to him but didn't have it in me. With that I turned the key on the Highlander and showed him the last 5 tanks on the display. 12.8= headwind and heavy foot. 15.6 = tailwind and lower speed limits. And everywhere in between. Rita leaves cookies or a banana bread on the table. When she comes back it's gone and I tell her I had a lot of folks come by!
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:14 PM   #85

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I don't know about naming a group but I do know that I've had a lot of fun talking to folks who wanted to tour the trailer...
I owe someone a thanks for a referral. I got a message from Tammy, wanting to know if she should send it along or just keep it there for us at our upcoming pickup. Must have been someone at last year's rally, as its been a while since we had visitors here for viewing, and these good folks listed us and someone else. Tammy was busy when I called back so didn't get to find out who it was. So to someone!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #86

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
I owe someone a thanks for a referral. I got a message from Tammy, wanting to know if she should send it along or just keep it there for us at our upcoming pickup. Must have been someone at last year's rally, as its been a while since we had visitors here for viewing, and these good folks listed us and someone else. Tammy was busy when I called back so didn't get to find out who it was. So to someone!
With the wait time for new orders someone you talked to last year (or the year before, for that mater) would just be getting their trailer about now. I'll bet it was someone like that...
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:43 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
With the wait time for new orders someone you talked to last year (or the year before, for that mater) would just be getting their trailer about now. I'll bet it was someone like that...
I had a hunch...

Old 04-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #88

Trailer Tours

Quote:
When potential fiberglass trailer owners attend a rally where a significant number of Escape trailers will be participating in the time honored Trailer Tours activity, Eric says we need a descriptive phrase to denote their enthusiasm and curiosity. In an attempt to become a word of the year inventor I give you. ESCAPEPEEKER. And if in the Northeast, ESCAPEPEEPER. This widely read forum will assure my originality on these new words which will cause a new Webster printing to occur.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #89

Trailer: 2001 Scamp 16
Works for me, Dave.

John
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #90

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
just hope that autocorrect does not lose any "P"'s
Old 04-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #91

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Sorry that Eric did not like my gaggle of wanna be's. I think I may take my keyboard and go home.

Regarding Escapepeepers, would it be easier to read if it is written as such?

EscapePeepers
or
Escape-peepers
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #92

Escapepeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
Works for me, Dave.

John
Thanks for the reinforcement, John, I appreciate it

Hi Jim. I already got that covered. If they ask to use your restroom while on tour, they become Escapeeers And if someone is already in there, you say "Sorry, Occupotty.

Hi Paul you can punctuate it any way you want as long as you are making the sign and I get credit. Years ago I named our Recreation Program for 5,6,7 year old kids who wanted to take tennis lessons Kindertennis. Later one of the programmers used it in a national presentation but did not give me credit. Imagine that.

Back to the shop, "burning daylight". Iowa's Marion Morrison aka John Wayne.

Iowa Dave
Old 04-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #93

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
just hope that autocorrect does not lose any "P"'s
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Sorry that Eric did not like my gaggle of wanna be's. I think I may take my keyboard and go home.
Who you trying to kid - you already are home! Ok, ok, I'll buy you at least one beer at the rally for my insensitive cruelty.....

Old 04-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #95

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
Just booked #120, I recall "several" wonderful porters or stouts & Tonny leading me "astray". Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Rich & Lorry
Lorry & Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #96

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Just booked site 106.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:01 AM   #97

Booking sites at Thompson Causeway

Hi All,
Our Fearless leader Fudge Brownie was on a trip when the booking window opened for the Mississippi River Rendevous. Once I booked a site, I have been keeping track of the vacancy count. It appears to me that there are about 5 or 6 sites left in the sites 99 to 126 loop. In addition there are a lot of other sites throughout the camping loops. The entire area is flat with no hilly ground at all. Easy back in sites with good angles, our Corps of Engineers designed it after all. All the sites are paved that have electrical service. If you opt for a site out of the original loop you will still be within walking distance of the 99- 126 trailers. As they say on the price is right. Come on down. Geezer pass gets you by for $10 a night. Sites I think are still open are 100, 101, 103, 105, 107, 126. Don't hold me to that. I did hear a rumor of free beer at site 109, is that right Paul?
Dave
Old 04-08-2017, 11:29 AM   #98

Quote:
I did hear a rumor of free beer at site 109, is that right Paul?
Dave
I heard that too....

Old 04-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #99

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Hi All,
Our Fearless leader Fudge Brownie was on a trip when the booking window opened for the Mississippi River Rendevous. Once I booked a site, I have been keeping track of the vacancy count. It appears to me that there are about 5 or 6 sites left in the sites 99 to 126 loop. In addition there are a lot of other sites throughout the camping loops. The entire area is flat with no hilly ground at all. Easy back in sites with good angles, our Corps of Engineers designed it after all. All the sites are paved that have electrical service. If you opt for a site out of the original loop you will still be within walking distance of the 99- 126 trailers. As they say on the price is right. Come on down. Geezer pass gets you by for $10 a night. Sites I think are still open are 100, 101, 103, 105, 107, 126. Don't hold me to that. I did hear a rumor of free beer at site 109, is that right Paul?
Dave
Will the sites serving free beer or food be listed in the rally schedule or will there be signage posted in the campgrounds ?
For first time attendees this would be helpful information !.
Secondly does Iowa Dave take pre rally orders for produce ?
It would be a big help in planning ones food menu .

Thanks
Steve D
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #100

Steve
Iowa Dave is at the mercy of his brother when it comes to produce production. It's like a snowstorm, you never know how much you're going to get or how long it will last.! I will do my best though. As far as an agenda and free beer stops, our leader Mr Fudge Brownie is in charge of that. I can tell you there will be a potluck on Saturday night. If you have ideas you'd like to see tried at the rally short of a swimming contest across the river, (3.5 miles with barge traffic) let Paul know. Rallies work when many get involved and there are diverse activities. Last year at the Rocky Mountain Rally North of Durango there were people who took Jeep trail rides, day trips to Mesa Verde, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, chair lift ride past Oprah Winfrey's shack, butterfly watching, as well as nightly views of the space station. And a marriage anniversary celebration. Now that's diverse.
Dave