Escape Rally in the Valley, 2023 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 07:10 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Smile Escape Rally in the Valley, 2023

So Escape sent out an email today asking for entries on a rally name for 2023. The question is still being asked by owners if this one will be the last one Escape hosts, I guess time will tell.
Old 10-15-2022, 09:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Are these owners who have inside knowledge of ETIs future plans?

If there wasn't to be another Escape rally after 2023 that would be for 2024 and given these strange times I doubt that discussion is even on the table at ETI.

There's huge pluses for Escape to hold the rally. Besides, where else can Karl sit around a campfire and be plied with 18 year old Scotch?

Ron
Old 10-15-2022, 09:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Are these owners who have inside knowledge of ETIs future plans?

If there wasn't to be another Escape rally after 2023 that would be for 2024 and given these strange times I doubt that discussion is even on the table at ETI.

There's huge pluses for Escape to hold the rally. Besides, where else can Karl sit around a campfire and be plied with 18 year old Scotch?

Ron
The one post I saw was yes an insider and like I said time will tell. Figure out the cost to Escape for a rally with the food and give aways...thinking cost is 20k if not more. How many trailers do they need to sell to make that clear profit. That even doesn't take into account the Escape employees and their lost productive time at the factory. With the backlog Escape has there is no business reason to spend money on rallies for people who already own a trailer. Just saying if you want to go to an Escape rally don't dally go next year
Old 10-15-2022, 10:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
So Escape sent out an email today asking for entries on a rally name for 2023. The question is still being asked by owners if this one will be the last one Escape hosts, I guess time will tell.
Maybe call it "The Final Roundup" ?
Old 10-16-2022, 05:20 AM   #5

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Marketing is not just about creating demand but "maintaining demand" as well. Many owners don't want to spend money on the "mystical sciences of business".

I would bet if Escape cut their rally budget in half they would still have a successful rally. Plus, if they hosted it in Missouri it would exceed all expectations.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:58 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Marketing is not just about creating demand but "maintaining demand" as well. Many owners don't want to spend money on the "mystical sciences of business".

I would bet if Escape cut their rally budget in half they would still have a successful rally. Plus, if they hosted it in Missouri it would exceed all expectations.
In the past, one could take delivery of their new Escape from the factory and then drive to Osoyoos for the annual Escape Rally in May. Once at Osoyoos, Tammy/Reace and Co would come around and fix those things they could or have the parts sent the next day to your campsite. Great service back then......
Old 10-16-2022, 08:29 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The biggest change I've seen to the rally, is ONLY current owners are allowed to attend. That makes this rally a non-starter when it comes to sales. Everyone attending already owns one.

I attended my first and only rally in 2015. Had a great time. Don't think I'll be doing it again. I know there are those that go every single year. I keep thinking of this... “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” - Saint Augustine

There's so much I wish to see and do, repeats are off the table. YMMV
Old 10-16-2022, 09:07 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The biggest change I've seen to the rally, is ONLY current owners are allowed to attend. That makes this rally a non-starter when it comes to sales. Everyone attending already owns one.

I attended my first and only rally in 2015. Had a great time. Don't think I'll be doing it again. I know there are those that go every single year. I keep thinking of this... “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” - Saint Augustine

There's so much I wish to see and do, repeats are off the table. YMMV
I’d be interested in the rally to meet some of the characters I’ve interacted with with my 4 years of ownership, but now I won’t qualify with my jumping brands. I do hope to attend a general Fiberglas rally next season.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:12 AM   #9

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post

Not expecting that Escape would ever hold a rally in the midwest is one of the reasons that the Mississippi River Rendezvous was started in 2015. Sure there is no free meals from Escape there but they do provide swag to give away. We midwesterners are happy to have made many friends at this rally. This year we even had two trailers attend from California!
Old 10-16-2022, 10:35 AM   #10

I fail to find the "current owners" allowed to attend the rally, can someone point this out to me?
Old 10-16-2022, 10:42 AM   #11

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Not expecting that Escape would ever hold a rally in the midwest is one of the reasons that the Mississippi River Rendezvous was started in 2015. Sure there is no free meals from Escape there but they do provide swag to give away. We midwesterners are happy to have made many friends at this rally. This year we even had two trailers attend from California!
In 2018, the first time we attended the MRR our camper was in the early build stage. We found a number of changes at MRR that the Rease and Tammy ownership let us change, despite a October 26th pickup date. After a few past cancellations, we finally attended this year and had a great time, despite our ostracized location.

It was nice to hear that a few owners actually liked some of my posts.

We'll attended the MRR again, but this time get a reservation early so we can be with the group. We'd travel to perhaps Ohio, or the Black Hills to attend one again, but only if the MRR is changed. Probably will not attend the Osoyoos rally, but we do have a June Washington trip planned sometime in the future, so you never know.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 10-16-2022, 11:28 AM   #12

Osoyoos is one of the prettiest cg locations we have ever been to, highly recommend it......
Old 10-16-2022, 01:06 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We are not “tied into” any specific Rally. We’ve attended quite a few and had fun at all of them, some more suited to our likes than others. There are a few I wouldn’t attend a second time but not many.

Osoyoos is a long way for us at today’s fuel prices. We attended the Escape Rally in 2015,16, 17 and 19. Then Covid got us and border restrictions which I would not deal with.
As far as a rally name, I’ll go with, “Escape Rally in the Okanogan Valley.”

Have a great time either camping or rally camping in 2023, just go. That’s my advice. Not that anyone listens to me.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-16-2022, 01:47 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I fail to find the "current owners" allowed to attend the rally, can someone point this out to me?
On the ETI web page. I remember seeing it last year too. But, they don't own the campground and can't restrict anyone from making reservations.....
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture1.JPG  
Old 10-16-2022, 01:51 PM   #15

One could read that the free dinners was for owners only??
Old 10-16-2022, 02:27 PM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I like the idea of regional rallies. It would be fun to try to attend one or more out of area, and they wouldn't be so huge.
Old 10-16-2022, 03:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I like the idea of regional rallies. It would be fun to try to attend one or more out of area, and they wouldn't be so huge.
I believe that's the direction ETI would like to go. I think that they've already put out some feelers in that direction.

Whatever the result I think that Osoyoos will continue to be the "classic" Escape rally.

Ron
Old 10-16-2022, 08:19 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I think Jim has the right thought. The free dinners and things provided by Escape are for owners. Also the rally information is under the "owners" tab on the ETI site. Nk-Mip is open for anyone to make a reservation and come at the same time we are there. I enjoy meeting other folks, and seeing old friends regardless of what they tow.

Also, it would be real interesting to really look around a new Bigfoot. If it sounds like a fun trip please make your reservation and happen to have it overlap with some of our reservations...

We made our reservation today and will be in site 13. Please come by!

Doug
Old 10-17-2022, 06:20 AM   #19

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Butler View Post
In 2018, the first time we attended the MRR our camper was in the early build stage. We found a number of changes at MRR that the Rease and Tammy ownership let us change, despite a October 26th pickup date. After a few past cancellations, we finally attended this year and had a great time, despite our ostracized location.

It was nice to hear that a few owners actually liked some of my posts.

We'll attended the MRR again, but this time get a reservation early so we can be with the group. We'd travel to perhaps Ohio, or the Black Hills to attend one again, but only if the MRR is changed. Probably will not attend the Osoyoos rally, but we do have a June Washington trip planned sometime in the future, so you never know.

Enjoy,

Perry
We almost drove up from St. Louis to MMR this year but things got in our way. We are picking up our 21C in Sumas next Monday and have plans to attend the rally next year.

For now, our upcoming nearly 5,000 mile 2 week round trip with weather looking to be rainy, possibly snowy, windy and down into the Mid 20's to Mid 30's before we even get to stop in Cheyenne to see our granddaughter will be our big adventure into the world o' Escape.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:37 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug & Betty View Post
I think Jim has the right thought. The free dinners and things provided by Escape are for owners.
No one went hungry. One thing they could do to save a few bucks is learn from this year's food ordering. Not that many trays of pulled pork is required. Can't complain though, it was strictly "help yourself" afterwards and we filled up several containers of pulled pork and put them in our freezer. Very handy since we were on the road for awhile afterwards.

First buffet dinner that even if you were the last table called you didn't have to worry that there wouldn't be any food left as there was food o'plenty.

Ron
Closed Thread