2021 pricing and options - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #61

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i would go for the fancy oven they are really nice- wish i had one. Maybe they will put one in after market? As to the batteries i will upgrade when my batteries fail. All seem like nice options i too would like cherry but most seem to like the grey colors now...
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #62

Trailer: None
I would probably choose cherry if it was an option. Of all wood types, I would probably choose teak but it would be heavy and expensive.
Raider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #63

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBunky View Post
I'm not a fan of the driftwood option either. Bigfoot and Northern Lite are already doing that. I'd prefer a white/cream tone cabinet to really lighten things up.
I'm onboard with the white/cream option as well. I'm hoping they spill some new options tonight....

I know what I want from the current lineup, but I'm ready to see the new choices, too.
Jgntch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:20 PM   #64

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
Looks like there is going to be a livestream tonight at 5PM PST in regards to more 2021 information.
How do you get your inside information to know these things? I didn't see an announcement on their FB page or website. I'll definitely be tuning in since we have a 5.0 on order for early April.
Jgntch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:41 PM   #65

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgntch View Post
How do you get your inside information to know these things? I didn't see an announcement on their FB page or website. I'll definitely be tuning in since we have a 5.0 on order for early April.
They posted on their Facebook page today: https://www.facebook.com/TakeYourEsc...8139297207427/
Old 09-01-2020, 06:03 PM   #66

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Also on their web page under Trailer Tours/Live Stream.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:04 PM   #67

Trailer: 2019 NoBo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgntch View Post
Beyond the Facebook link above (I actually didn't look there), I've been going on their website basically every day since the last video to see if they post any updates in regards to the new interior color scheme since we delayed our order because our biggest "con" for Escape is the, for lack of a better term, antiquated aesthetic of the interior.

We're young whipper snappers with modern tastes so we were excited to learn they'd be attempting a more contemporary option. I just randomly clicked on the "livestream" link on the website and saw there was an announcement for a livestream today.
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:15 PM   #68

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Hopefully soon you will have a choice. We like the warmth of wood and will brighten it up with fabrics, backsplash and wall decor. We are just old geezers however.
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthorns View Post
Hopefully soon you will have a choice. We like the warmth of wood and will brighten it up with fabrics, backsplash and wall decor. We are just old geezers however.
Ha! We were actually generally fine with the maple cabinets and the right combination of fabric, formica, flooring, and some aftermarket cabinet pulls, but since we had just put in our order and aren't in a rush, figured we'd push it back to make sure we didn't absolutely love the new option and regret not waiting.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:23 PM   #70

That’s a smart idea.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:20 PM   #71

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Beyond the Facebook link above (I actually didn't look there), I've been going on their website basically every day since the last video to see if they post any updates in regards to the new interior color scheme since we delayed our order because our biggest "con" for Escape is the, for lack of a better term, antiquated aesthetic of the interior.

We're young whipper snappers with modern tastes so we were excited to learn they'd be attempting a more contemporary option. I just randomly clicked on the "livestream" link on the website and saw there was an announcement for a livestream today.
I think they broke it! Dead at 8:22EDT...
Old 09-01-2020, 07:24 PM   #72

Definitely they're having problems (8:25 EDT). Could be their new Vimeo platform.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:04 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristol5.0 View Post
Definitely they're having problems (8:25 EDT). Could be their new Vimeo platform.
Seems they did a recorded video and added it to their youtube account. Updated today:

Looks like the main website is under some work right now so they may be updating information on it tonight to be ready tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:51 AM   #74

The video kinda skipped over the options part but Karl did say the Coleman NDQ air conditioner so in my mind that's a good upgrade. Also he said by the end of September all the options would be finalized.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:59 AM   #75

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Looks like there is going to be a livestream tonight at 5PM PST in regards to more 2021 information.
Did the livestream happen?
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:13 AM   #76

No they attempted but wouldn't work so they just did a recording. It's posted on YouTube.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:27 AM   #77
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
The video kinda skipped over the options part but Karl did say the Coleman NDQ air conditioner so in my mind that's a good upgrade. Also he said by the end of September all the options would be finalized.
I wonder what the profile will be for the Coleman A/C. Taller? Shorter?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #78

From the info I could find it's described as low profile 11.8" tall. I don't know what the height of the current A/C unit.

Jimmy
Old 09-02-2020, 03:28 PM   #79

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
It appears that, in fact, the new 13.5K BTU unit will indeed have meaningfully higher electrical demands than the 11K BTU unit (which may bear on generator selection / support for those inclined to that power source).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlum View Post
I wouldn’t get too detail oriented on the A/C yet. There are two different Coleman Mach 10 units. The regular 13.5k btu and the NDQ 13.5k btu units. Karl did mention they are considering the NDQ but not settled yet. If you’re counting your pennies (I.e. amps) there is a small efficiency difference With the NDQ edging out at a little over 1 amp less energy for cooling.
Quote:
Just a word of caution...the A/C "upgrade" should be viewed with a bit of skepticism. While the Coleman NDQ may be a bit quieter than the standard Coleman 13.5k BTU you are also going up in capacity. This larger capacity unit is likely not required except for maybe the larger trailers (upcoming 23?). With an oversized unit you cool too quickly and don't properly dehumidify. That's a cold and clammy feeling versus cool and dry. As mentioned unless they are more efficient there will be difficulty running on the popular smaller wattage generators like the Honda EU2000/2200i if desired.
Regarding noise it does appear that the NDQ is a step in the right direction. This is from website postings from users and not-scientific but mfr's of loud A/C don't post noise values. Dometic Penquin units can be in the mid-60's to 70 dB on high cool which is similar to the standard Coleman unit. The Coleman NDQ appears to bring this down to around 60 dB on high cool. If you want to reduce noise another 10 dB from the Coleman NDQ you should consider the unit installed by Advanced RV which is a Houghton Belaire designed in Australia. You are talking dB level in the low to mid-50's on high. I think they will now ship these to other OEM's for installation.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post338351

People may be tired of hearing it but I come at this with the perspective of an HVAC background and having installed probably the quietest and most versatile air-conditioning solution possible with a mini-split. 43 dB on high and 23 dB on low.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #80

Trailer: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Just a word of caution...the A/C "upgrade" should be viewed with a bit of skepticism. While the Coleman NDQ may be a bit quieter than the standard Coleman 13.5k BTU you are also going up in capacity. This larger capacity unit is likely not required except for maybe the larger trailers (upcoming 23?). With an oversized unit you cool too quickly and don't properly dehumidify. That's a cold and clammy feeling versus cool and dry. As mentioned unless they are more efficient there will be difficulty running on the popular smaller wattage generators like the Honda EU2000/2200i if desired.
Regarding noise it does appear that the NDQ is a step in the right direction. This is from website postings from users and not-scientific but mfr's of loud A/C don't post noise values. Dometic Penquin units can be in the mid-60's to 70 dB on high cool which is similar to the standard Coleman unit. The Coleman NDQ appears to bring this down to around 60 dB on high cool. If you want to reduce noise another 10 dB from the Coleman NDQ you should consider the unit installed by Advanced RV which is a Houghton Belaire designed in Australia. You are talking dB level in the low to mid-50's on high. I think they will now ship these to other OEM's for installation.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post338351

People may be tired of hearing it but I come at this with the perspective of an HVAC background and having installed probably the quietest and most versatile air-conditioning solution possible with a mini-split. 43 dB on high and 23 dB on low.
@rubicon327 I am considering ordering a 21 without the ac and will try and install a mini split like you did. I was curious what kind of generator size was needed to run your ac unit? I am living in central texas where its in the 100's for months during the summer. Enjoyed your thread on installing the unit. Looking forward to hearing how you resolved the intermittent loss of refrigerant through the hoses and connections over the long term. My main driver for going mini split was less about noise and more about the possibility of running it off solar eventually via larger battery bank and multiple solar panels. Was also hoping to hear more about the compressor based Refrigerator option they have added to the 19 for the same reason. Less watts to run it.
Regards, Simeon
simeonkessler is offline   Reply With Quote