Tank capacities - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2021, 12:09 AM   #81

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacchino View Post
Have been going back and forth with Escape on this issue. Have gotten a couple of acknowledgements of problems.

Grey tanks:

Note that this doesn't match my measurements or others that I've seen in this thread. We only measured 20 gallons of capacity on grey, a 27% reduction. Leaving the difference in measurements aside it seems at a minimum that the tank is not being installed with enough support across the middle.

Black:

So the black tank is not as large as advertised to me or anyone else who has purchased a 21NE. Instead of the 22 gallon tank that we were sold we received a 13.2 gallon tank, a 40% reduction. Their resolution is to update the website and to say there are no other options available. No communication to existing owners, no apology to this owner and no fix or restitution of any kind.
Sorry, if I missed it, but did ETI confirm that the black tank is physically only 13.2 gallon or is it a 19/22 gallon with only 13.2 gallons usable?
M_canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:45 AM   #82

Trailer: 2019 E19
I would think that ETI should at a minimum contact customers that are on the waiting list for one of these trailers about this rather large change to their stated specs. This could be a deciding factor in the purchase for some people.

For us the 21NE & 5.0TA were the two trailers that we were most interested in. In fact we have had thoughts of changing our order from the 5.0 to the 21NE, however now with the much smaller measured capacity of the black tank in the 21NE we will stick with our original choice of the 5.0TA
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:00 AM   #83

Trailer: 2007 Dodge Dually cummins "Puff and Stuff" towing 2022-21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
I would think that ETI should at a minimum contact customers that are on the waiting list for one of these trailers about this rather large change to their stated specs. This could be a deciding factor in the purchase for some people.

For us the 21NE & 5.0TA were the two trailers that we were most interested in. In fact we have had thoughts of changing our order from the 5.0 to the 21NE, however now with the much smaller measured capacity of the black tank in the 21NE we will stick with our original choice of the 5.0TA
Or perhaps consider the composting toilet option...
C-weed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:07 AM   #84

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-weed View Post
Or perhaps consider the composting toilet option...

Agreed, but they should at least have the benefit of the information to explore all of their options.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:35 AM   #85

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
After using my 2013 19' for 8 years my experience has been that the black and grey tanks are sized appropriately given the size of the freshwater tank. When my freshwater tank is empty, that signals to me that it is time to dump the black and grey tanks. Having a bigger black (or grey) tank would only be of benefit if I was to refill the freshwater tank as well.

If I am on a campsite with sewer and water, the size of the black and grey tank becomes irrelevant as I can dump any time I choose.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:54 AM   #86

Trailer: 2022 E19
Irrelavent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
After using my 2013 19' for 8 years my experience has been that the black and grey tanks are sized appropriately given the size of the freshwater tank. When my freshwater tank is empty, that signals to me that it is time to dump the black and grey tanks. Having a bigger black (or grey) tank would only be of benefit if I was to refill the freshwater tank as well.

If I am on a campsite with sewer and water, the size of the black and grey tank becomes irrelevant as I can dump any time I choose.

Your 2013 19 has almost 50% more capacity than a Gen 2 trailer though....hence the issue.
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #87

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Sounds like some concerns that might be posted to the new ETI forum. See what kind of responses
Old 06-17-2021, 12:22 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
Your 2013 19 has almost 50% more capacity than a Gen 2 trailer though....hence the issue.
The 1st generation Escapes have the same issue as 2nd generation with respect to the usable volume of the tanks being less than the actual volume of the tanks. I have learned to live with it and it is not an issue for me.

Your best option is to live with it and adapt your usage accordingly. If you are really dissatisfied with your Escape, the used market is really hot right now and it should not be that difficult to sell and move on to another type of trailer.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Old 06-17-2021, 03:39 PM   #89

Quote:
The 1st generation Escapes have the same issue as 2nd generation with respect to the usable volume of the tanks being less than the actual volume of the tanks. I have learned to live with it and it is not an issue for me.

Your best option is to live with it and adapt your usage accordingly. If you are really dissatisfied with your Escape, the used market is really hot right now and it should not be that difficult to sell and move on to another type of trailer.

My bold added above.........

1. I was not aware of the 1st Gen volume issue - my bad.

Plumbing related seems to be a recurring topic. Uncapped vent stacks in the walls / inside cabinets, broken drains, cross feeding from a full black to the gray (very bad), and erroneous volume claims.

2. Black tank volume not as presented is an issue for me.

3. I don't have an Escape yet, I'm on the waiting list for a 21NE partially based on the advertising of a 22 gallon black tank. Rethinking this choice now............

4. My best option is to consider my options, and not to just give up and fork over $40k if something is not as was presented and will likely not fit my intended usage.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:12 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
4. My best option is to consider my options, and not to just give up and fork over $40k if something is not as was presented and will likely not fit my intended usage.
It would be terrible to start out your days as an Escape owner being unhappy with the product. Since you are on a waiting list and may not have your build sheet finalized, it may be a simple process for you to cancel your order with Escape and move on to a product with which you may be happy from day 1.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:34 PM   #91

Quote:
It would be terrible to start out your days as an Escape owner being unhappy with the product. Since you are on a waiting list and may not have your build sheet finalized, it may be a simple process for you to cancel your order with Escape and move on to a product with which you may be happy from day 1.

Gee, never thought of that..................
Old 06-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #92

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
The ETI run forum
What ETI run forum?
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #93

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
What ETI run forum?
A new forum the company started directly. I should give it a chance but I’m already turned off by Karl’s intro video where he said theirs will be the “most current and factual”. I think there are a lot of facts here by some very smart and experienced campers...just some they probably don’t want to hear. Personally I feel I have contributed a lot here and don’t plan on trying to keep up with posts on two forums.
https://www.theescapeforum.com/
Old 06-18-2021, 05:25 AM   #94

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I wonder if the new forum will have moderators?
Old 06-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #95

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I wonder if the new forum will have moderators?
ETI staff
Old 06-18-2021, 07:48 AM   #96

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
A new forum the company started directly. I should give it a chance but I’m already turned off by Karl’s intro video where he said theirs will be the “most current and factual”. I think there are a lot of facts here by some very smart and experienced campers...just some they probably don’t want to hear. Personally I feel I have contributed a lot here and don’t plan on trying to keep up with posts on two forums.
https://www.theescapeforum.com/

Totally agree with you his statements about all other forums is completely wrong. It’s like he’s saying it’s our way or the highway.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #97

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
The label on my new 21C trailer tank is shown to be made by Alcaro Plastic Inc., kelowna, BC.
PH (250) 765-1097. Model of black tank is H2240, gray tank __2240. Did not look up black tank number. They only give a partial list on the website.
Tank no. 2240. 48 5/8” x 20x6 3/4”. 23.5 imp gal. 28.2 US GAL.

This is the size of both of my fresh and black water tanks. In filling my fresh water tank with a 5 gallon container the 28 gallon is very close.
Even using math it is correct.
Receive my trailer in Jan 2021.
Again I have the 21C.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:40 PM   #98

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
What Bugs Me…

The same person that uses their outside shower to wash themselves, dogs, boots, bikes, mats, etc and completely soaks the campsite for the next tenter that arrives would have a hissy fit if they walked by and saw a hose from my trailer draining water into the bush or lawn.

They would jump to the conclusion that I was draining my grey tank. However I often wondered why there is no way of draining inside shower water via a valve through a hose and have some good made of that water.

At our cabin have installed a valve (legal or not) so that everything other than the toilets and kitchen sink, waters the lawn. This makes very good use of the well water and keeps the septic system from from filling up from the washing machine and city folk guests that like to shower everyday.

With the exposed shower drain piping under the trailer in both the 19 and 21…I see a valve install modification coming in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails
5F02F37A-BC69-4D4B-980E-B6331DA44768.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:41 PM   #99

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcboyd View Post
The label on my new 21C trailer tank is shown to be made by Alcaro Plastic Inc., kelowna, BC.
PH (250) 765-1097. Model of black tank is H2240, gray tank __2240. Did not look up black tank number. They only give a partial list on the website.
Tank no. 2240. 48 5/8” x 20x6 3/4”. 23.5 imp gal. 28.2 US GAL.

This is the size of both of my fresh and black water tanks. In filling my fresh water tank with a 5 gallon container the 28 gallon is very close.
Even using math it is correct.
Receive my trailer in Jan 2021.
Again I have the 21C.
Glad to see I can get replacement tanks close by…tanks .

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:00 AM   #100

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Tanks!!!

Hi: All... When the tanks are full they need emptying. When my truck needs fuel it's empty and needs filling. They are what they are and it's up to each to deal with them. I could just stay home... but at some point that tank need emptying too. No sense crowing over it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote